Meetings & Encounters

Sunshine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After the sudden encounter at the park, Saeeun decided that taking Yohan out wasn't a good idea. Too small. Seoul is too small! So the next two days, they only stayed inside with her parents. Despite leaving the house herself for a few meetings here and there, she tried her best not to leave Yohan and always be at home.

The little boy also seemed to be okay with staying home and spending time with his grandparents but by the third day, he was already asking his Imo when they'll be back to feed the ducks.

"Don't you wanna do something else, aegi? How about we watch another movie? Imo will even buy you ice cream! And cake!"

Yohan shook his head. "Imo, please? The duckies are waiting for us!"

Saeeun sighed. "What's with you and ducks, huh? Why do you like ducks so much?"

"Imo, they're cute. Eomma said duckies are cute like Yohan!"

"Aish, really, Son Naeun is so weird," she mumbled under her breath. She turned to her nephew. "Alright. We can go feed the ducks, but we can't stay out for too long, okay?"

"Duckies!" Yohan cheered as he ran off to tell his grandparents about it.

More careful this time, Saeeun looked around the park before getting out of the car with Yohan. From the parking lot to the boats, she was cautiously looking around scared as if someone will magically appear and take her nephew. Like before, Yohan was beyond excited as he threw food at the ducks and watched them, waving at them and laughing every time he saw a duck paddling their way.

Yohan and his duckies. Seriously.

Saeeun couldn't help but laugh along with him, Yohan being the happy pill no one can resist. And as she watched him enjoy himself, she started to let down her guard.

By the time they were done with their boat tour, she felt carefree again and let Yohan play in the nearby playground as she watched from a bench.

Everything was going well until she felt someone tap her shoulder. "Saeeun?"

She almost jumped out of her skin, and looked up to the person slowly.

Please, please, please.

Relief washed through her when she saw who the person was. She abruptly stood up and bowed. "Eonnie, annyeonghaseyo."

"I haven't seen you in so long!" she replied and wrapped the younger in a tight hug. "How are you?"

"Ah, Eonnie, I'm good. And you? I heard about your comeback and your concert. Congratulations."

"Thank you so much," she smiled. "I'll send you an album!"

"Ah, Eonnie, you don't have to," she chuckled politely. "I'll make sure to buy one!"

It was her turn to laugh. "Oh please, we both know you won't. Even with our Apink albums, Naeunnie said you didn’t buy any.”

“Eonnie, that’s not true! I loved Apink!” she replied, chuckling. She has always been close to her sister and sometimes, she would invite her over to stay with her at their dorm when they all used to live together that’s why she has also found herself to have gotten close with the rest of her members.

When their laughter died down, she found herself feeling sad. How long has it been since she has seen one of them?

“It’s so good to see you, Eunji eonnie,” she said sincerely, reaching for her hand to squeeze it.

Eunji smiled and squeezed back. “You too, Saeeun.”

Tell your sister I said hi. The words don’t leave but she can hear them.

Suddenly remembering Yohan, she turned her head towards where her nephew was and she felt herself starting to panic again when she saw that he was already running towards where she and Eunji stood.

Before she could do or say anything, Yohan was already in front of them and bowing at Eunji.

“Annyeonghaseyo,” he said before sporting a wide, toothy grin.

Saeeun held her breath and looked over at Eunji. She was frozen in place, her eyes focused on the little boy in front of them. Saeeun could see the wheels turning in her head as her eyes widened.

Was it realization?

She wasn't sure. All she knew was she had to try and resolve the situation. She couldn’t believe she had gotten herself into more trouble. Eonnie, please come back.

Eunji’s eyes roamed around the park, like she was looking for someone. "Are you here with anyone?"

"Aniyo, it's just us," she quickly replied. "Uh… Yohan, this is my friend Eunji eonnie,” she said loudly, as she racked her brains out on how to handle the situation. “And, uhh, eonnie, this is my...my nephew, Yohan.”

Like the polite boy that he was taught to be, Yohan bowed again, “Annyeonghaseyo, Son Yohan imnida.”

It took a few seconds before Eunji can get a hold of herself and reply. “Annyeong, Yohan. I’m your Eunji Imo,” she smiled, reaching to touch Yohan’s face softly, as if to check if he were real. “Ahh, you’re so handsome. And how old is Yohan?”

“Four,” he said and held up four fingers.

Saeeun could only watch as Eunji crouched down at Yohan’s level. “Yohan,” she said softly as she reached to cup his face gently. “Imo is a friend of your Eomma. I’ve known her since long ago but it’s also been so long since I’ve seen her. And I miss her so much but since she’s not here right now, would it be okay if you’re the one to give Imo a hug?”

Yohan looked at Eunji and then at Saeeun, waiting for her to approval. Saeeun opened to say something but closed it again as no words came out.

She nodded and Yohan smiled at Eunji before wrapping his tiny arms around her neck.

Eunji responded by hugging him tightly. “Thank you, Yohan,” she said before releasing her hold on him.

“You’re welcome, Imo,” he replied, smiling. “I’m sure my Eomma misses you, too."

Chuckling, Eunji ruffled his hair and wiped away the lone tear that managed to escape her eyes.

Saeeun noticed so he told Yohan he could play some more before they had to leave.

“Eonnie,” she attempted then to start when Yohan walked away from them but was interrupted by Eunji.

“Are they here for vacation or staying here permanently?” she asked calmly as she watched Yohan, sitting down on the bench.

Out of all her sister's members, Eunji was known to be the most intuitive and quick witted so it's not really supposed to be a shock for her to piece together everything quickly. Her being collected though, that was what was new to Saeeun.

She tried to think of some excuse again but really what was the point

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter