Distractions & Diversions

Sunshine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

A few days passed by quickly after the statement was released but she was still a mess. After trying to contact him a few times, she decided she wasn’t ready. She wasn’t ready to talk to him and she wasn’t ready to face the consequences of her decisions. Deciding to give herself a little time, she turned off her phone and shut the outside world out. 

Luckily, Yohan had stopped asking for his Appa. She wasn’t sure if the temporary distraction of him starting school soon enough but she was just thankful that her son was being his usual self again. At least one of them seemed okay.

Waking up that morning, a slight smile formed on her lips because she felt that Yohan was still beside her. With her eyes still closed, she reached out a hand to try to pull him close but instead of her little boy, she felt a pair of cold hands touch hers. She quickly opened her eyes only to be met by her Bomi eonnie’s big smile. 

She gasped and shot up from bed. “Ah, Eonnie, what are you doing here?” she asked as she quickly grabbed her phone from the dresser to take a quick glance at herself. She knew how horrible she must have looked with her swollen eyes and messy hair.

“We’re here to pick you up, silly!” she replied with a huge grin, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Naeun’s brows furrowed together in confusion, trying to remember if they had scheduled something beforehand and she just forgot but nothing came to mind. “For what, Eonnie?”

“Just a spa day with your favorite eonnie-dul,” Eunji replied, startling her again. She didn’t even notice that she was also in her room. Seeing that Naeun was about to protest, she spoke faster, “Now, now, before you make up some excuse, everything’s already been planned. We already booked an appointment for us. And then later tonight, Chorong eonnie would pick up Yohan, who’s already out with your parents by the way, and we’ll have a nice dinner at a fancy restaurant.”

Looking between her Bomi eonnie and Eunji eonnie, she knew that she won’t be able to say no. Whether it was voluntarily or by force, she was sure her eonnie-dul would get their way. “Do I have a choice?”

“That’s our Naeunnie!” Eunji exclaimed, at the same time pulling her out of bed. “Now go shower, we’ll wait for you!”

After a quick shower and a quick phone call to Yohan and her parents, she let her Eunji drive them to a health spa a few blocks away from one of their apartments. 

She was reluctant to enter at first but when they entered the establishment, she felt a sigh of relief escape when she didn't see clients but only a few staff. 

After a quick hello to the receptionist, Bomi turned to her. “Don’t worry about anything, Naeun-ah. I know the owner and we rented the whole place just for us,” she explained as they were lead by another employee. 

“Ah, eonnie, you didn’t have to do that for me,” Naeun said, clicking her tongue. “I’m sure this cost a lot.”

Eunji stopped to glance at her and laughed. “Son Naeun worried about expenses? Are you sure you’re uri Naeunnie and not someone who got swapped in San Diego?”

“Ah, eonnie!” she whined.

“She’s still whiney. Of course that’s our Naeunnie,” someone laughed. She followed the voice and saw her Chorong eonnie with a smile on her face as she approached them. “Annyeong,” she greeted Naeun and caught her in a hug.

Naeun was about to greet her back when she noticed two more people who stood just a few feet away from them. She felt a bit of air leave her lungs as pulled back from Chorong’s hug and stared back at the two familiar faces.

“Eonnie, annyeonghaseyo." It was Namjoo who spoke first and smiled at her. Hayoung followed and bowed politely. 

It took her a few seconds to respond with a quiet hello as her eyes couldn’t leave the two women in front of her. She just missed them too much. “Uh… how have you been? Have you been well?” she asked softly.

Namjoo looked at Hayoung briefly before nodding. “We’ve been well, eonnie. And you?”

“I’ve… I’ve been well, too. Thank you for asking. I heard how successful your company has been, Namjoo-yah. Congratulations.”

“Thank you, Eonnie.”

“And uh, Hayoung-ah, I have all your albums. Yohan, he loves your songs,” she chuckled awkwardly. When she noticed that both women looked at her in question, she realized they haven’t been introduced to Yohan yet. For sure, they have heard of him though. “Yohan, he’s my son. He’ll join us later and you can meet him.” They both nodded and the conversation almost ended there. They were also aware that the three older members were watching them intently, making them more nervous.

There was a long pause as the three younger women just stared, waiting for anyone to talk again. 

Finally, someone let out a loud sigh. “Oh my God,” Bomi exclaimed from the side, making all of them look at her. “This is so painful to watch. Can you please just hug already?” she asked cutely. Before any of them can say anything or protest, she was already wrapping them all in a big hug. 

“Ah, eonnie, seriously,” Naeun whined at Bomi but ended up wrapping her arms around them too. When she met Hayoung’s gaze, her eyes immediately watered. "I'm sorry, Hayoung-ah," she sniffed and looked back and forth between her and Namjoo. "Namjoo-yah," she reached for both of their hands. "Eonnie's sorry, okay?" 

And as she held their hands in hers, she realized how much she had missed them.  knew that her leaving affected the two the most among their members. They were her dongsaengs. She was close to all her members but they all knew that her relationship with the two younger women was special. She knew she had hurt them the most when she left without any explanation. “I’m sorry,” she repeated as the tears finally fell. “You both didn’t deserve that.”

“Eonnie, it’s in the past now. It’s okay. We’re okay,” Namjoo assured, squeezing her hand.

And as she hugged them both again, she realized how much she had missed them and how glad she was that they finally reconciled. She may not be fully okay but at least she knew that a part of her heart was already complete. 

 

 

Accomplishing their mission, her members were able to distract her with the spa date. The whole morning was spent relaxing and catching up. By the time they had finished their lunch, they got a call from Naeun's parents saying they can pick Yohan up, which Chorong gladly did as the rest moved to Eunji's apartment. 

They were enjoying some wine when the door finally opened and revealed Yohan and Chorong. 

"Yohan!" Bomi exclaimed, standing up quickly to run towards the little boy, with Eunji trailing behind her.

“Bomi Imo!” Yohan shouted back with the same enthusiasm, letting go of her Chorong imo’s hand to run towards her, too. “Imo, bogoshipoyo!” he said the moment she caught him in her arms.

“Aigo,” she cooed and squeezed him tight. “Nado bogoshipo, aegi-ah! Have you been well?"

Yohan began to be wrapped in hugs and peppered with kisses by his aunties when he noticed Hayoung and Namjoo at a distance from them. He curiously looked at the two unfamiliar faces. 

His mother grabbed him to introduce him to them. “That’s Namjoo Imo and Hayoung Imo, they’re Eomma’s friends, too.”

Yohan grinned at the two women and bowed politely. “Annyeonghaseyo, Son Yohan imnida.”

“Annyeong, Yohan. You’re so cute!” Namjoo exclaimed as she crouched down and wrapped the little boy in her arms.”Can I have a kiss, too?”

Smiling, Yohan shyly gave her a kiss on her cheek.

Namjoo squealed. “Aigo, thank you, Yohan. You’re so sweet!”

The little boy’s eyes then turned to Hayoung who was frozen in place just looking at them. “Imo, are you okay?”

Hayoung was pulled out of her reverie. “Uhh, of course, I’m okay. Yo...Yohan.” Suddenly, they saw her wipe tears from her eyes.

“Aigo, uri maknae!” Bomi laughed. “Why are you crying?”

“What? I’m not crying,” she denied but her voice cracked.

"Imo, don't cry!” Yohan told her, his pout visible and his voice worried as she approached her.

Naeun smiled. "Yohan, why don't you give Imo a hug so she won't be sad anymore?" 

Yohan nodded and opened up his arms to invite his Hayoung Imo for a hug, making the other members laugh and awe in delight. Hayoung hesitated for a moment but eventually crouched down and Yohan immediately wrapped his tiny arms around her neck. "Imo, don't cry," he whispered to her soothingly and patted her back in an effort to comfort her.

But instead of stopping, Hayoung just bawled harder. 

"Aigo, Hayoung-ah, are these tears of joy or are you sad you're not the maknae anymore?" Eunji asked, chuckling. 

"Aniyo," she cried and wiped at her eyes again as she pulled away from Yohan and looked at Naeun. "I'm just so happy he doesn't look like Naeun eonnie," she laughed through her tears. 

"Yah, Oh Hayoung!" 

 

 

They were in the living room busy building the Lego set they got for Yohan when something on the TV caught their attention. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter