. 14

Crush

a/n: i literally forgot the story hasn't complete yet here haahhaha AND .. this is it. i love jaehyun sksksk

 

--

 

 

Jaehyun woke up first that morning. He fell asleep on the sofa last night while he was playing some games on his phone. The two went off separately quite early last night since they wanted to enjoy some lonesome moment. Jaehyun understood her and he gave her the time and space. Stretching his long limbs, he got up and went to the bathroom to wash his face and brushed his teeth before making breakfast.

 

It was indeed quite too early for Hayeon to wake up anyways. So why not he be productive and make themselves some breakfast, right?

 

As he was frying the hotdogs, the sudden memory of last night flashed across his mind. He was scrolling through his instagram and saw Yuta’s story. He was in the club and apparently Taeyong was there too. He wasn’t just at the club. He was literally enjoying himself in the club. The girls were grinding against him and he obviously looked drunk. He was worried that Hayeon would find out but luck on his side, she wasn’t in one of Yuta’s following nor followers list. Hopefully, she wont see it from other people.  

 

The thing pissed him off a lot for no reasons. He knew he was just her best friend and he bet half of his heart that she wouldn’t even bother to have a crush on him. Let’s be real, that girl had been loyally crushing on Taeyong for years now and even when that incident happened, she actually forgave him and carried on as if nothing happened? That ain’t love. That’s being delusional.

 

From happily cooking, he was cooking with anger now. He made a lot of noises while cooking. Slamming this and that because he was mad.

 

 

On the other hand, Hayeon was still laying in bed, scrolling her stories. The fanfiction she posted gained quite a number of readers already and she was proud of it. For her, writing was that satisfying hobby when the readers commented and acknowledge her works. Even when the comment was just them fangirling over the characters. It was cute.

 

The quiet morning was disturbed by the cling and clang sound and steel hitting on steels followed by some good smell. It attracted her attention so she went off to wash her face and brushed teeth before running downstairs. She wanted to sneak on Jaehyun only to find herself staring at him from the door frame.

 

The boy looked extra handsome with his tousled bed hair and his short was dangerously up high on his thigh. His back view looked way attractive that morning. For some reasons, Hayeon could feel her heart beat faster. What the .. she thought to herself. At that moment, she actually had a mere thoughts of hoping that it was Jaehyun and not Taeyong who owned her heart.

 

“Smells good..” she commented casually as she entered the kitchen. Jaehyun was startled and he actually jumped a little. He turned around and his ears turned tomato red. She frowned a little at his reaction until she realized that she was wearing shorts. “Oh stop acting as if you’re a saint and never seen a girl wearing shorts before..” she rolled her eyes and stood beside him. “It’s just very odd to see you wearing shorts. You’re the saint one here,”

 

Jaehyun turned the stove off and poured the sauce into a bowl. He made some spaghetti too since they had few ingredients in the fridge. She took a seat on the tall stool as Jaehyun poured the juice in the glass for her. “Had a good sleep last night?”

 

“Pretty good. And I scrolled my timeline this morning,” she said as she popped the hotdog inside . Jaehyun heart stopped beating for a mere second there. “And my fanfiction gained a lot of attention lately. I am actually, genuine, very shocked.” she said as she took a sip on the juice and the boy let out a sigh of relief. He thought she found out but apparently she hasn’t.

 

Jaehyun took a seat and began to eat his food. “That’s good. Might read your fanfiction when I’m bored later,” he chuckled and he made a face. His cooking tasted a little bland and he wasn’t favoring. “Jae.. it’s good enough. Stop being too harsh on your food,” she said, noticing the unsatisfied face of Jung Jaehyun’s. he shifted his head to look at her and broke in to a smile. “Happy as long as you love it,” he nodded.

 

“Anyways, we’re start studying a little after 10 then we’re going out. How’s that as a plan?”

 

“We should laze around then go out. How’s that as a plan?”

 

“No.” he shook his head firmly. “Nope. It’s a responsibility for me to teach you and not sneak you out to ONLY have fun. No no.” he paused for a moment. “Well, being with me is always fun anyways. Whom to blame,” he shrugged cockily and got hit by her. He winced in pain. Pretending of course.

 

Hayeon swallowed her food and pouted. “I just wanted to run away from everything for awhile ya know.. but true. Let’s study for a bit then we go out. “

 

 

--

 

 

They actually ended up studying for 5 hours straight because apparently Jaehyun had a fun way of teaching her. She actually had fun and now they were laying beside each other on the floor.

 

“Jaehyun.. I’m tired and I don’t want to move. Is that a huge problem?” she asked without looking at him and continued to stare at the white ceiling. Jaehyun shook his head and heaved a deep sigh. “Nope. It’s time to laze around-” she wrapped her arms around Jaehyun and moved her face to his side. At that moment, he realized she was smaller that he thought. “Let me sleep in for a second..” she mumbled sleepily and slept with her face hid against his side, arms around his waist, body very closed with his and her leg wrapped around his left leg. His cheeks were warm. It wasn’t his first time to be this close with a girl..

 

.. it was his first time being close with the girl he actually really likes..

 

He could hear her soft snores and he was tempted to fall asleep as well. They did studied non stop while munching of chips and drinking energy drinks. It was intense for her but it was normal for Jaehyun. He studies longer than that. That’s why he nosebleed a lot.

 

Without himself realizing, he drove himself to the other land, hoping to meet her there and have a temporary happy stories together.

 

 

He woke up when something gripped on his shirt. His eyes flustered opened and saw she was literally hugging him for dear life. Her face was scowling and she was wincing in pain. Jaehyun instinctively held the hand that was gripping his shirt and he realized something. Her arms.

 

She rarely had her arms exposed and he can’t believe what he sees. It was an arm filled with scars. His heart broke to pieces seeing all the wound. All the pain that she felt when she cut herself up. He wanted to punch himself for not being there when that happened. He was blaming himself for not saving her. He unconsciously gripped on her wrist a little too tight and she woke up, startled.

 

“J-Jaehyun...” she stuttered when she realized Jaehyun was staring straight at her wounds. She hid it well, too well and nobody knows. Nobody until then. “Why..” was the only word that came out from his mouth. It sounded so heartbreaking, she wanted to cry hearing it. She wanted to tell him but not like this.

 

“I just.. had to..” 

 

“Why..” he said it again, this time a bit more stern. “Why Hayeon why?” his grip tightened to the point it was hurting her. “Jaehyun..” she called out his name softly. The pain of his grip wasn’t as painful as her heart that time. Jaehyun sat down properly and she did too, with her wrist still being hold by Jaehyun.

 

Slowly and carefully he caressed the scars. There were some that was bulged and some were on its way to healing. Jaehyun winced when he touched the bulged ones and heaved a long deep sigh. He pulled the arm closer and gave it a kiss. “If only...” he mumbled and kissed it again. Hayeon’s heartbeat was beating like crazy. Everything was playing in her head. “Jaehyun.. s-stop..” 

 

The boy turned his head to look at her. “Why didn’t you tell me.. how the hell did you hide this so well? Make up? Why?” he shot her with questions. She remained silent. She was tongue tied, not knowing what to reply to those questions. Jaehyun leaned closer and their faces were literally few inches away from each other. She swore her hear actually stopped beating for a second there.

 

“You have me.. why do you hurt yourself like that?” he said so so so softly, it made her wanted to melt into his embrace once again and falls back to sleep. “It’s a pleasure i find when i’m heartbroken.. i just need something to calm me down..” she said softly he could barely hear it. “Look up.. look at me..” he demanded softly. Hayeon looked up slowly and their eyes met.

 

“Tell me if this could calm you down..” 

 

He leaned in and kissed her lips slowly. He let his lips rested on her without moving, waiting for her to push him away but she didn’t therefore it took it as a sign that it to go on. His hand slipped behind her neck and his lips began to move slowly. She did as well and it was the best kiss he had ever had.

 

... and same goes to her.

 

The two of them continued to kiss, not caring of the lack of oxygen they were going through until Hayeon placed her hand on his chest and tapped it softly, chuckling and pulled back. “I might as well die kissing you..” she commented while panting, all the oxygen she could for her poor lungs. Jaehyun was also chuckling. He didn’t expect her to kiss him back.

 

“I don’t know what the kiss mean but.. if i wont be having chance to have another one after this.. i..” she quickly leaned in and kissed him again. Jaehyun fell against the sofa but his hand was fast to catch her body and hold her firmly as they giggled while kissing.

 

The two stopped and just stared at each other. “This will ruin our friendship..” she mumbled softly. Jaehyun shook his head. “It wont. I promise. It wont. I’ll wait until you’re ready.” 

 

“Ready for what?” 

 

“Ready for a serious relationship...” 

 

 

 

 

 

To be continued.