Incandescent

Nature of Him

Chapter 5 : Furious / Incandescent 

 

Jungkook ignores the voice calling out for him and just keeps walking. 

“Agh, that boy,” Taehyung clicks his tongue then runs after Jungkook. “Where are you going?” He grabs Jungkook’s hand only for it to slip out of his grip. 

“Home.” 

“I’ll drive you-“

“No thank you.” 

“Jungkook-“

“Leave me alone please,” Jungkook shouts, but quietly. He glares at Taehyung, then continues to walk further from the school. 

“C’mon,” Taehyung tries, he reaches for Jungkook’s hand again. 

“Hey, I said to leave me alone!” Jungkook bursted, pushing Taehyung harshly away from him. “Stop bothering me already, geez.”

“Look, I just want to take you home,” Taehyung speaks again. 

“I don’t want you to take me home.”

“You live so far though. At least let me-“

 

A car suddenly pulls up beside them, the window rolled down, some guy leaning towards it. “Hey, get in Kook,” Jimin says. Jungkook honestly did not know what was better, but then the hidden smirk on Taehyung’s face forced him to hop in Jimin’s car. “What’s going on?”

“He’s just bothering me,” Jungkook answers quietly, shifting uncomfortably in his seat. 

“I told you about him, and yet you-“

“I know, I know what you said. But it just sort of happened okay,” Jungkook interrupts. Whatever Jimin was planning to do, he didn’t want to hear anymore of his nonsense. Last time he talked about Taehyung lasted for over an hour. If anything, Jungkook would’ve thought Jimin was the one crushing on the guy. 

 

Jungkook thanked Jimin for the ride and quickly ran to his house. He really needed to stop going out with guys that won’t work, it gets awkward then. 

 

...

 

(Time skip ~ a couple months later)

 

It was the first day of move in day. Jungkook spent all day packing his belongings for college last week. He even considered taking a gap year since he enjoyed his “chill” summer so much, but his mother promised to kick him out if he didn’t go to school. 

 

He’s been texting his roommate Seokjin for awhile now, and it seems like they’ll get along nicely.

 

“Jungkook! Are you ready yet?” His mother shouts from outside.

“I’m coming!” He sighs, taking a look around the house. 

 

The drive to the university was about five hours. He felt slightly offended when his mother quickly helped him unload his things, and wanted to leave. Of course they hugged, and she gave him a long lecture about staying in school and being a good kid, but other than that, she seemed excited to leave the place. “Mom must’ve hated college,” Jungkook guessed, shrugging it off. 

 

Jungkook: I’m at the dorm

Seokjin: already? Damn, I won’t come till tomorrow. It’s gonna be hell for the next four years

Jungkook: my mom wanted me out of the house asap

Seokjin: pfthaha, enjoy your first night at college

 

Hopefully the next four years won’t be too bad. It may actually be fun to finally do things on his own. Jungkook cracked the window open before he began unpacking. Like they agreed on, Jungkook took the left side of the room. It had the window, and he liked the wind and natural lighting. 

 

He was suppose to go down and do an activity with the other students living in the same building, to get to know each other. It was a pain in the , because Jungkook didn’t think he’d have to participate in any interactions. 

 

Jungkook’s alarm went off, he threw his last shirt on his bed and headed downstairs. There were already a group of people outside the building. “Who am I suppose to talk to if Seokjin’s not here,” he murmurs to himself. 

 

“Alright guys! So we’re gonna head down to Sak Park for the activity!” The leading student announced. Everyone chattered excitedly as they walked to the school park. One reason why Jungkook chose this school. There was a ginormous park in the middle, where lots of school events take place. It was also nice because if you ever got lost, just walk through the park and you’d find yourself somewhere, the campus was basically a huge distorted circle. 

 

When they found an empty space on the grass big enough for them, they had to form a circle. Everyone was going to step in the middle, introduce themselves, and say one thing they like. Whoever also likes it will have to step inside. 

 

“Hello, my name is Kim Minseung, I’m majoring in biology, and I enjoy bike rides.” 

 

“Hey, I’m Park Sijung, I’m an undeclared art student, um, I like to dance.” So many, and like almost everyone entered the circle, including Jungkook. 

 

Then, it was finally his turn. “Hello, I’m Jeon Jungkook, majoring in film and media studies, and well I enjoy film directing.” He quickly greeted the students who joined him before returning to his spot. He began to yawn after the many more rounds of students. 

 

“Hello, I’m Kim Taehyung,” upon hearing this, Jungkook squinted and his eyes widened. The damn guy was looking right at him with a smile. “I’m majoring in photography, and I enjoy singing.” This, was just like when that Sijung kid said dance. Almost everyone joined Taehyung, but Jungkook. He was so furious, he didn’t even blink once he spotted Taehyung.