Ready

Nature of Him

Chapter 7 : Ready

 

Walking back to the dorms with Taehyung wasn’t as bad as Jungkook thought. They barely spoke. Jungkook would thank Taehyung and he would hum in response, then they’d both go straight to their own room.

 

Jungkook walked out of the building, and saw Taehyung waiting for him in his usual spot. However this time, he was with someone else. Thinking he was busy, Jungkook walked on without him. 

 

“Jungkook!” Taehyung said as he ran to the boy’s side. “Did you not see me?”

“No, I saw you,” Jungkook replies, eyes forward. 

“Oh, well yea I was talking to Minjae, a friend, and he says there’s gonna be a party tomorrow night at some junior’s house.” Taehyung smiled excitedly and walked closer to Jungkook. “Wanna go with me?” Jungkook raised one brow, looking at Taehyung oddly. 

“I’m good, thanks though.” His response quickly drained the energy out of Taehyung. 

“C’mon, it’ll be fun. I’ll be there with you,” Taehyung says, all happy again.

“Why?”

“Because, you need to loosen up man,” Taehyung answers and nudges Jungkook. 

“I’ll think about it,” Jungkook replies, unlocking the door and heading inside his room. 

 

He spots Seokjin eating at his desk again, and since he was one of his close friend, “Hyung, do you want to go to a party with me tomorrow night?”

“Party?” Seokjin perked up and stopped shoving noodles in his mouth. “I haven’t gone in so long,” he groaned. “I really need to get out of here too.”

 

Next evening, Taehyung skipped his way over to Jungkook. He threw his arm over Jungkook’s shoulder, and smiled. “So, you’re coming right?” 

“Mhm,” Jungkook mumbles. 

“Finally Kook! You’ve been so stiff these days,” Taehyung ruffled the brown fluffy hair.

 

“I’ll wait for you downstairs,” Taehyung said to Jungkook before they parted ways. 

 

Jungkook entered his room and found Seokjin lying in bed. “I’m not going.”

Immediately, his roommate sits up and throws his phone down. 

“What! How could you ditch me last minute like this! I’m dragging you with me!” Jungkook laughs at Jin’s response. He knew his statement would get him ready in no time. Seokjin was up and going through Jungkook’s wardrobe, blabbering words to himself. Thinking Seokjin would take awhile, Jungkook lays down on his bed and shuts his eyes, keeping his ears open. “Here, this outfit would be bearable,” Seokjin says and lays out the chosen clothing neatly on his own bed. Jungkook sits up to take a look before laying back down when he sees that Seokjin’s working on his outfit now. 

 

Jungkook felt slightly offended that Seokjin took only five minutes to come up with something for him, while he took almost an hour to find something for himself. His opinion quickly changed when Jin rolled him out of bed, pushing him into the bathroom. On the way, he took another quick peek at the clothes and was pretty satisfy with it. 

 

Jungkook sat on the sink, allowing Jin to style his hair however he wanted to. “This is not it!” Jin groaned, ruffling Jungkook’s hair back in place. It went on for awhile before he finally smiled in satisfaction. Seeing how proud Jin looks of his own work, Jungkook turns around to see what his roommate had come up with. With how long Seokjin took, Jungkook had thought it was something crazy. But no, his bangs were parted on the right. They curved in a bit, only showing a small portion of his forehead. It was very casual, and he wondered why it took Seokjin so long. Before he could ask, Jin was already groaning over his own hair. Deciding it was best not to bother him, Jungkook returns to their room and changed. 

 

Jungkook’s heart began to beat faster, and there were butterflies in his stomach. He felt embarrassed, and stupid that he had that sudden feeling just by looking at his reflection, but it was a new look for him. Seokjin has prepared a pair of black cargo pants, and a black long sleeve, oversized cotton shirt for him. Jungkook finally pulled away from the body mirror, and walked over to his wardrobe. He grabbed one of his many pairs of black boots, then quickly put them on. 

 

Three hours had pass. Jungkook was taking selfies, while he waited for Seokjin. 

 

Knock knock. 

 

“Hey, ready to go?” Taehyung asks when Jungkook opened the door. 

“I thought you’d meet me downstairs?”

“Yea, but it’s boring down there. Everyone’s in their own rooms,” Taehyung says and rocks back and forth. 

“Well, I’m waiting for Seokjin. If you wanna get going, then feel free too,” Jungkook says, ready to shut the door. Taehyung presses his hand on it, quickly wedging his foot between the door and its frame. 

“Ah, I’m not going to show up with no company,” he says. Jungkook looked at him in silence. “Ahem, well, can I come wait with you inside?”

“You can wait in your room,” Jungkook said and pushed Taehyung all the way out. 

 

“Hyung, are you ready yet? It’s nine,” Jungkook shouts as he makes his way to the shared bathroom. Seokjin was posing in front of the mirror, flirting with himself. “Bro, hurry up,” Jungkook laughed and pulled Seokjin out. 

 

This time, Jungkook helped Jin get his shoes on. They made sure to grab the room key before stepping out. 

“Oh, were you waiting out here?” Jungkook asks when he saw Taehyung outside their door. 

“Yea, I thought it would just take awhile,” he replies and leads the way. 

 

The three of them get in the car of one of Taehyung’s older friend. The ride to the party was probably twenty minutes. 

 

As soon as they got there, Seokjin danced his way into the house, leaving Jungkook with Taehyung. 

 

“It’s been awhile since I’ve been alone with you at night, Jungkook,” Taehyung says and snakes his arm around Jungkook’s waist.