Tipsy

Nature of Him

Chapter 12 : Tipsy

 

Soon enough, there was a knock at the door. Jungkook opened it, knowing it was Taehyung. 

“Just can’t get enough of me, huh?” Taehyung bit his lips, as he leaned against the doorframe. Jungkook rolled his eyes, Taehyung was always so cocky. “You gonna let me in or not?” 

“No,” Jungkook answered, and grabbed his keys. Taehyung stepped aside, a bit lost at what Jungkook was trying to do. 

 

Jungkook locked the door, and pulled Taehyung out of the building. He went along happily. When they came to a stop, Jungkook lets go of Taehyung. “What do you do for fun?” Jungkook asks.

“Huh?” 

“Sorry, I- Seokjin’s out, and I have nothing better to do.” 

“Oh,” was all Taehyung said. They stood there in the dark, an awkward silence rising between them. “A little walking won’t kill you, right?” Jungkook shook his head. Taehyung smiled, then grabbed Jungkook’s hand. He held onto it as he led Jungkook out of the campus. 

 

Taehyung smirked to himself, when he was able to take Jungkook all the way to a park. He expected Jungkook to return, because it was late. Jungkook was a bit hesitant to follow Taehyung, but sneaking out at night was exciting for him. Taehyung walked onto the playground set, and took a seat by the monkey bars, allowing his legs to hang off the edge. Jungkook was about to sit on the stairs, but then Taehyung pulled him down next to him. They were squished in between the small opening, but all that mattered to Jungkook was Taehyung. Taehyung had wrapped his arm around Jungkook’s waist while looking up at the stars. 

 

A gush of wind blew past them, making Jungkook shiver slightly. Taehyung pulled Jungkook in closer, but kept his eyes on the sky. “I would say I come here whenever there’s something on my mind,” Taehyung started. “But this is my first time here.” His eyes fell on Jungkook, and caught the younger boy staring at him. Jungkook quickly looked away, slowly burning up already. “I’m glad you dragged me out tonight.”

“It’s, not that bad I guess,” Jungkook replied, keeping his eyes on the ground as he swung his legs. 

 

Taehyung sighed, then wrapped his other arm around Jungkook, hugging him tightly. He rested his head on Jungkook’s shoulder, causing the boy to completely freeze. Doing this every time always entertained Taehyung. He enjoys flustering Jungkook. It was Jungkook’s innocent reaction he liked the most. Taehyung oddly liked that from Jungkook. 

 

Jungkook would’ve said something to Taehyung, but then Taehyung sighed, and buried his face in the Jungkook’s nape. The moment the night fell, and Taehyung showed up, Jungkook knew he should’ve left the boy alone. Whenever he’s with Taehyung at night, they always end up like this. Jungkook should’ve returned to the dorms, he should’ve stopped Taehyung. Because he knew, that either tomorrow or a few days later, he’d spot Taehyung with someone new. Not him. Jungkook would’ve removed Taehyung’s arms, but he spotted a group of guys behind the bathrooms. He wasn’t sure what they were doing, but he saw a spark. 

 

“Hey Kook,” Taehyung whispered.

“Yeah?”

“Let’s get out of here.” Taehyung stood up first, then helped Jungkook up. As soon as Jungkook was up, Taehyung grabbed his hand again. They walked out of the park, but didn’t continue in the direction of the school. 

 

Taehyung had brought them to a convince store. “I’m hungry,” he explained to Jungkook, then placed some instant noodles, and sausages in their basket. After using the microwave to cook, and heat up their food, Taehyung and Jungkook were out again. 

 

They returned to their dorm building, but continued up pass their floor. Taehyung kicked the door to the roof open, luckily nobody was there. They went around the corner, and found a small space behind some boxes. Taehyung set the bag down, and pulled a blanket out from one of the boxes. He spread it out on the stone floor, then motioned for Jungkook to join him.

 

“Now here, here I do come whenever there’s something on my mind,” Taehyung said after taking the food out. He turned around, shuffling through some boxes, until he found some beer cans. “Want one?” 

“I think I’ll pass,” Jungkook said, and grabbed his chocolate milk.

 

They finished everything they bought in just ten minutes. Taehyung was already on his fourth can of beer. Jungkook had finished his milk, and there was nothing left to keep him busy, so he just sat there silently. “You sure you don’t want one?” Taehyung asked, as he grabbed his fifth can. 

“I’ll take that one,” Jungkook says and grabs the can out of Taehyung’s hand. “You’ve had enough.” Taehyung shrugged, then pulled out some more from the back. “Hey, we stilll have class tomorrow,” Jungkook reminds him, and takes the cans from him. 

“Fine, but since you’ve already opened that one, you gotta drink all of it. If not, I’ll have to finish it for you,” Taehyung says, before laying his head on Jungkook’s lap. 

“Tsk, fine,” Jungkook said, and did his best to drink as much of it in one go. Taehyung watched Jungkook as he continued to drink more and more from the can. He’s always thought of Jungkook as a goody two shoes. 

 

By the time Jungkook finished the can, he was already feeling a bit tipsy. Taehyung chuckled to himself, and sat up. “Too much for you?”

“First time,” Jungkook said, followed by a hiccup. “Okay, let’s go back-“

“No no no, I wanna stay longer,” Taehyung says and holds Jungkook’s hand. 

“Then you stay.” Jungkook was already pulling his hand free, ready to return to his dorm. Right as Jungkook pulled himself free, Taehyung grabbed his hand again. 

“Just five more minutes.” 

“Fine,” Jungkook said, too tired to argue back. Taehyung leaned back against the boxes, and pulled Jungkook beside him. Jungkook leaned back to, but soon his head was rested on Taehyung’s shoulder, dozing off.