Disappoint

Nature of Him

Chapter 3 : Disappoint

 

When Taehyung dropped Jungkook off, it was way past his curfew. He received a small scolding from his parents, who let him off the hook easily. Too excited about what went down that night, he hurries to his bedroom.

 

[text]

Taehyung: tonight was fun, hope we can do it again some time :)

Jungkook: Yea, thanks for taking me

Taehyung: anytime ;) 

Taehyung: sorry if I kept you out too long btw 

Jungkook: no it’s fine, my parents don’t really mind

Taehyung: haha okay

Taehyung: I’ll see you on Monday, goodnight 

Jungkook: mhm, goodnight 

[end of texts]

 

He smiled happily to himself, imagining Taehyung so close to him again. Despite his small crush for Yoongi, Jungkook was positive he’d choose Taehyung over him now. Yoongi never showed any signs of interest, so it was probably better to stop thinking about the guy. 

 

[text]

Yoongi: Hey, how did it go with Taehyung?

Jungkook: oh, well it was fun

Yoongi: he didn’t do anything weird, did he?

Jungkook: depends on what you mean

Yoongi: aha, hope you can return his favor. 

Jungkook: ???

Yoongi: you know, since he likes you

Jungkook: right. 

[end of texts]

 

Probably. Or probably not. He most definitely had no chance with Yoongi now. What kind of friend will he be if he goes after Jungkook? If he even likes him in the first place.

 

When Jungkook woke up to no texts from Taehyung, he didn’t mind it at all. Until it happened again the next day. 

 

“Was Taehyung not going to say anything after doing all of that to me?” Jungkook was a bit disappointed, just a little. To be fair, it was their first time hanging out together. Maybe Taehyung’s just not the type to discuss it afterwards. Yea, maybe that’s it. 

 

The next day at school, Jungkook walked into his English class and sat down in his usual seat. Taehyung, followed by Hoseok, walked in shortly after, and he did his best not to smile. Throughout the whole class, Taehyung didn’t speak to Jungkook at all. He was given a chance, when their teacher assigned them some partner work, but Taehyung paired up with Hoseok.

 

While they were practicing the new vocabs, Jungkook began to sweat nervously from the conversation he was hearing.

 

“You can’t just do him like that,” Hoseok whispered again badly. Taehyung only scoffed and shrugged it off. 

“I can do whatever I want man, what’s he gonna do about it?” 

“Still, what the was that all about then?”

“Just the normal stuff Hoseok, relax.”

“Oh, so that’s it? Really thought you found a keeper.”

 

“What are they even talking about? It’s not, me right? No, most likely not. Why would they even talk about me? Maybe since Taehyung was all up in my business Friday night. But, do they even realize that I still sit right behind them? And how bad of a whisperer they both are?” Jungkook thought to himself. 

 

They day continued with no texts from Taehyung. The only reply Jungkook got was a “no” after he asked if there was any English homework. He sighed and pressed his binder against his chest, making his way to his locker. The amount of people walking through the door almost made it impossible to see what he had just witness. Taehyung, was holding some random guy’s hands. His thumb caressed the guy’s hand, pulling him closely. Jungkook acted as if he never saw the couple, and continued to go his way. When he reached his locker, he took a moment to retrace he steps.

 

“Was that Taehyung? It can’t be, no way. He was just with me three days ago. But, he was talking weirdly in English.” Quickly, Jungkook pulled out his phone and went on Taehyung’s Instagram page. He hasn’t said anything about any guy, but Jungkook kept refreshing the page. A hundred more tries and there it was... 

 

[insert pic for wp] 

 

In his bio, a lock and heart emoji followed the name Hwang Hyunjin, and of course the stupid date of today. Jungkook felt betrayed, Taehyung played him. Then the name grabs his attention. And it must be a coincidence that he and Hyunjin use to be friends. Jungkook could only scoff, “so what? It was nothing to begin with.” 

 

[text]

Yoongi: you alright?

Jungkook: about?

Yoongi: Taehyung’s dating someone else

Jungkook: Yea, I know

Yoongi: sorry

Yoongi: about what I said

Jungkook: psh, it’s fine. It was a one time thing

[end of text]

 

And it really was. They were never close, friend wise, so that didn’t do much damage. Seems like they were just back to being classmates, something Jungkook didn’t mind at all. It was like everything went back to normal. Except, he currently had no feelings for anyone, which he liked. It gave Jungkook more time to just focus on himself, and enjoy his long days. 

 

As much as Jungkook wanted to forget about Taehyung, he couldn’t help but think about him. So much to no feelings. The thoughts got to him and he check Taehyung’s Instagram. It surprised him, what he saw. 

 

Taehyung’s bio: 

[rose w/ falling petal] people ain’t worth

 

“They broke up already?” Jungkook checked Hyunjin’s page, and there were no traces of Taehyung there either. He laughed quietly to himself, then returned to doing his homework. 

 

...

 

Graduation was next month. Jungkook can’t wait fo finally get out of this hell hole and move on to college. Even though it was going to be nothing too different, Jungkook was excited to be living in a dorm, and experience something new. His parents had been helping him buy some necessities for college, which he greatly appreciated. 

 

Jungkook was looking through comforters, when there was a “ding”.

 

Taehyung: Hey, wanna go to a game this Friday?

 

_____________________________

A/N: I know this chapter was pretty short, and time moved by super quick, but I didn’t want to put in a bunch of fillers for an event that isn’t extremely important to the story.