Oblivion

Nature of Him

Chapter 2 : 

 

It was already 7:30 and Taehyung haven’t showed up yet. Jungkook began to wonder if he had just gotten played. He texted Taehyung around 6:30 to remind him, they guy seem sure he’ll arrive on time. Feeling impatient, Jungkook sighs and kicks off his shoes. Then, there was a sudden knock at the door. 

 

“Hey,” Taehyung greets shyly, ruffling his damp hair. “Sorry I’m late.”

“No, it’s fine,” Jungkook says, clearly upset. 

“Um, do you still want to go?”

“Sure.” Jungkook closes the door, making sure to lock it before following Taehyung to his car. It was nothing fancy, but also nothing cheap. 

 

They got to school near 7:45, tickets were ten dollars each. Jungkook wanted to pay for himself, but Taehyung reminded him that he’ll pay for everything, also the fact that they were nearly an hour late to the game. 

 

He leads Jungkook further away from the entrance, sitting down in the fourth set of bleachers where not many people sat, since it was harder to see the field. Jungkook was confused at his decisions of course, but went along with it. 

“Aren’t you cold?” Taehyung asks, noticing how Jungkook only wore a thin jacket, compared to his big, poofy coat. Jungkook only shakes his head, turning his attention to the players on the field. It was somewhat amusing to watch, but he barely knew anything about football. 

 

Silence crowded the couple before Taehyung broke the ice. He told Jungkook many stories of his childhood and how lovely his parents were. “My dad still has the guitar my mom gifted him twenty years ago! Like isn’t that just goals right there!” He says, dreaming about his future partner. 

“Yea,” Jungkook smiles back after hearing the stories. “It’s kind of funny actually, my mother was the one who chased after my dad. She’s two years older than him too,” he giggles to himself. 

“I can be two years older than you,” Taehyung replies, surprising Jungkook with his arm that slowly wrapped around his waist, pulling his small body close to his bigger build. Jungkook wasn’t surprised for long though, since Jimin had done the same thing before. That was, until Taehyung sighed loudly, burying his face into Jungkook’s chest.

“It’s so cold,” he muffled, hugging Jungkook tighter. 

“Yea,” Jungkook shivers, bringing his legs closer to his body. “Why is the game so late at night?”

“It’s more entertaining that way,” Taehyung laughs, grabbing Jungkook’s cold hands. “Hey, I need to go to the bathroom, come with me.”

Jungkook scoffed jokingly, but soon realizes Taehyung actually meant it. He was pulled towards the restroom behind the bleachers by Taehyung, his hand slowly being caressed by Taehyung’s soft thumb. “Wait for me, it’ll be quick.” Jungkook shivers once Taehyung let’s go of him. The cold breeze that kept brushing against his skin wasn’t helping either. 

 

A few minutes later, Taehyung comes out and his hand find its way back to Jungkook’s. They went to the snack stand to buy something to eat before returning to their seats. Taehyung began sharing stories again, which at that point, the game was pointless to them. “Do you want to go to the movies instead?” 

 

They looked through the list of movies playing that day, none interesting Jungkook. “Let’s just stay here,” he tells Taehyung, pretending to now be attached to the entertainment in front of them. Taehyung clicked his tongue, somewhat disappointed that Jungkook didn’t want to go. He was planning to do more in the dark room compared to the many lights here. 

 

Taehyung shifted uncomfortably in his seat, “agh my body’s sore,” he groans. 

“Then you can let go of me,” Jungkook suggests, realizing how Taehyung kept a hold on him while he adjusted his position. 

“No, you’ll be cold then,” Taehyung says before pulling Jungkook closer again. 

 

“Is my nose red?” Jungkook asks. 

“No, but your cheeks are kind of pink,” Taehyung replies. Jungkook places his hands over his mouth and nose, blowing warm air onto his face. 

“Okay, ‘cause my nose tends to turn red when I’m cold,” Jungkook says after removing his hands. Taking notice that he was cold, Taehyung grabs Jungkook’s thighs and pulled them inward towards him, then returning his face to Jungkook’s chest and neck. Taehyung’s warm breath tickled Jungkook’s skin, causing him to raise his shoulders a bit. His quiet giggle that followed didn’t make the tickling stop either. 

 

“Ouhhh! Taehyung!” Some guys hollered from below. Taehyung’s group of friends climbed up the bleachers and sat around the couple. Taehyung smiled shyly yet confidently as he holds Jungkook in his arms. Feeling a bit embarrassed, Jungkook turns the opposite way of the group and locked his eyes on the boys on the field instead. 

“Hey, I didn’t know you liked Jungkook,” Hoseok whispers to Taehyung, however a bit too loudly. Taehyung just smiled cockily, sticking his tongue out a bit as he makes sure Hoseok notices the cute hand holding that was going on. Jungkook couldn’t feel his face, but knew he must be blushing like crazy. 

 

The game came to an end, and Taehyung waved goodbye to his friend before leading Jungkook to his car. Once they found the vehicle in the small parking lot, Taehyung pulled Jungkook by his waist to the head of the car. “I don’t want to drop you off yet,” he said huskily, making Jungkook lose the balance in his legs from the deep voice. Taehyung keeps his hands on Jungkook, leaning against the car and resting his chin on Jungkook’a shoulder. A few people walked by and drove off, eventually they were the only one left. Jungkook spotted a few cars in the main parking lot that was a quarter of a mile away. 

 

The conversations they had in the bleachers were now replaced by Taehyung’s low groaning and complaints about how cold it was, using it as an excuse to keep Jungkook close. “Why don’t we go in the car then?”  Jungkook asks obliviously. Taehyung chuckles at his question and turns Jungkook around to face him. 

“Then I can’t keep hugging you anymore,” he whispers, eyelids half shut. Jungkook was glad this poor parking lot wasn’t lit with many street lamps, because his face was extremely red right now. He blinked furiously and looked away; he can’t do eye contact. Taehyung chuckles at his cute action, then pulls out his keys.