Repetition

Nature of Him

Chapter 4 : Repetition

 

Jungkook was extremely confused, and angry. It’s been months, and now Taehyung’s asking to take him to another game. 

 

[texting]

Jungkook: what the , no.

Taehyung: c’mon, don’t be like that

Jungkook: why? So you can play with me again? I’m not a ing toy.

Taehyung: what?

Taehyung: sorry about last time, its just that, I sorta made a promise to Hyunjin

(read 7:01pm)

[end of text]

 

...

 

When he spotted Taehyung walking into class, it reminded him of last night, and made him want to rip the jerk’s head off. “Hey Jungkook, you look pretty cute today,” Taehyung complimented as he took a seat. Jungkook glances at him before returning to the book lying on his desk. He began to feel hot, feeling Taehyung’s eyes on him. 

“What?” He asked, annoyed at the attention he was receiving. 

“Nothing, just looking at you read,” Taehyung simply replied as he adjusts his seat. Jungkook rolled his eyes and started packing up. “Woah,” Taehyung grabbed Jungkook’s hand. “Where you going?” 

“To the empty seat in the back.” Taehyung lets go of Jungkook. He sighed in relief, glad he was able to move seats. 

 

After the short lesson, Jungkook heads to the restroom. When he returned, Taehyung was sitting besides his desk, copying down the notes he had taken. Jungkook hurriedly walks over and closes the notebook. “Why are you here?” 

“We need to do problems three and five with a partner, Hoseok’s not here,” Taehyung answers, then grabs the notebook from Jungkook’s hand. Jungkook glared at him: “he has the audacity to continue copying my notes..”

 

“Hey,” Jungkook says sternly, but after Taehyung doesn’t stop, he repeats himself. “Hey, stop copying my work.” 

“Just take a seat,” Taehyung said and pulled Jungkook down. “I was daydreaming, help me out a bit.”

“No way,” Jungkook scoffed, retrieving his notebook. “Now go away please, thanks.”

“No.”

“Yes.”

“No.”

“Go.”

“Nope.”

“What do you want from me!” Jungkook quietly shouts. Taehyung cracks up at his frustration. 

“Go to the game with me this Friday.” Taehyung his head to the side, waiting for Jungkook’s “okay”. 

“No.”

“What, why not!”

Jungkook didn’t reply, instead he opened his book and began working on the assigned problems. 

“C’mon, this one’s different. It’s a special for the students.”

“Yea, how so?” Jungkook asks in disdain, eyes still stuck on the textbook. 

“Students who don’t play football, gets to participate, and this one’s only for girls. You’ll probably understand it a bit more.”

Taehyung wanted to take back his last statement upon receiving another glare from Jungkook. “It’ll be fun,” he tried. 

“Promise you’ll leave me alone then?” 

“Deal.”

 

...

 

Jungkook haven’t even gotten ready yet when there was a knock on the door. “You’re an hour early idiot,” he said to a smiling Taehyung. 

“I know, makes up for the time when I was an hour late,” he replies nonchalantly and squeezes inside pass Jungkook. Jungkook watches in disbelief as Taehyung heads upstairs as if this was his own house. “Which one’s your room?” 

“Go wait downstairs.”

“Okay,” Taehyung quickly obeyed and his heels, hurrying down the staircase. Jungkook raised his brows, questioning Taehyung’s odd behavior. 

 

After he finished playing Overwatch, Jungkook grabbed his phone and went downstairs. 

“Took you long enough-“ Taehyung paused mid-sentence when he saw Jungkook. “You’re not going to change?”

“No,” Jungkook answers, putting on his Timberlands. “Why? Is it bothering you?” 

It was indeed bothering Taehyung a little. Compared to when he first took Jungkook out, he wasn’t in some tight pants and tucked in t-shirt, now he was just wearing gray sweats and a baggy black shirt. But the way his hair was messed up a little somehow matched his bland outfit. Taehyung smirks to himself, after thinking Jungkook looks pretty hot in the simple outfit. 

 

They got to the school on time, Taehyung paying for both again. Jungkook didn’t wait for Taehyung to find seats, he began walking himself to the middle bleachers. “Hey,” Taehyung interrupts, grabbing Jungkook’s hand. “Let’s sit over there instead, has a better view.” Believing him, Jungkook followed Taehyung, until they reached the farthest set of bleachers. Taehyung pulled Jungkook to the same row they sat in the first time. He was being squirmy, but Taehyung kept a strong grip on him. “People are gonna think you’re weird,” Taehyung mumbles, wrapping his arms around Jungkook’s small waist. The baggy shirt that covered his figure was not being pulled tightly against him. Taehyung clutched the extra material in one hand, and with the other, grabbed Jungkook’s thigh. 

 

His body tenses up as Taehyung suddenly naturally engulfs his small body. It was cold, so cold, and Taehyung hugging him turned everything much hotter. He hated it, what if he does something weird. Taehyung’s so close, he’ll hear one of the strange noises that comes from Jungkook’s stomach, or weird mouth sounds. Loud cheers arose from the audience as the a team makes a score. Taehyung, closes his eyes and buries his face deep into the crook of Jungkook’s neck. 

 

Jungkook pushes the thoughts away, reminding him that this was no cute date. That he shouldn’t be worrying about how he appeals to Taehyung. He shouldn’t let what happened last time happen again. “Can you let go of me? I can’t breath,” Jungkook says, trying to push Taehyung away. But the sudden cold air brushed against them, making Taehyung shiver and hug Jungkook even tighter. The guy wasn’t wearing no big coat this time, like Jungkook, he came with just a t-shirt. 

 

There were hollers, coming from below them. Taehyung’s group of friends walked up and surrounded the couple. Jungkook’s heart was beating faster and faster every second that passed. Taehyung was smilingly cockily to his friends while gripping Jungkook tightly. “Hey, I told you to stop!” Jungkook shouts, attempting to push Taehyung away again. 

“C’mon, don’t be like that,” Taehyung says, keeping his hold of Jungkook. 

“Taehyung, loosen up a bit man,” Yoongi spoke, grabbing everyone’s attention. 

“Alright,” Taehyung scoffs, letting go of Jungkook. Once freed, Jungkook leaves the group and quickly walks out of the outdoor stadium. 

 

“Hey, Jungkook!”