Chapter Twelve: Confusion

Sequel - My Bias Texted Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Mr Kim, are you sure about this? You... you know that this is the same man and child who are on television, right? I don't want your father to feel uncomfortable by an abusive father and his vulnerable son," (Y/N) listened to the conversation going on outside her father's hospital room and sighed, dropping her forehead on his hand.

...

"Hey, watch it! What are you doing?!" the doctor that (Y/N) had pushed out of the way retaliated and tightened his palm around her wrist before her hand could land on Aejae's shaking body.

"Dongkyung...? Kyungie, are you okay? Doctor, he will be okay, right? Why is he like this? What happened to my baby boy? What happened to Donghae? Doctor, are they okay?" she asked with tears forming in her eyes and the doctors paused in their panic to look at her in confusion.

"My baby boy?" one repeated in an uncertain tone and (Y/N) frantically nodded, lifting his hand gingerly. "D-did he eat nuts? Aejae has a really bad allergy to them... is he okay?"

"Did you hear us say that about him?" one doctor became utterly angry and even pushed (Y/N) out of the way. However, she was prevented from falling by familiar arms suddenly wrapping around her.

"D-director!" the others shouted in surprise and (Y/N) turned around, tears still in her eyes but she froze at who she saw. The tall man smiled knowingly and then turned to glare at the doctors.

"Who gave you the right to harm... to touch the family of a patient?" the man asked in a threatening tone and worriedly looked down at (Y/N), "are you okay, Ms Kim?"

"Uh? Um, yes... I'm okay," (Y/N) broke out of her daze and looked away from the supposed director of the hospital. The director then looked down at the shivering Aejae and frowned.

"Isn't this Lee Donghae-ssi's son? Why is he still not in the ward?!" the man demanded and the others flinched before bowing deeply. "Sorry, sir. Th-there's no wards empty... and the people where there are spare don't want Donghae-ssi to be in there either. All private wards have been taken..."

"I don't care what has happened, make sure that Lee Donghae-ssi and his son are taken to a ward. There's no feelings like hate with doctors, your job is to make sure all patients are treated as best as possible," the man responded firmly and then smiled sweetly at (Y/N), "are you okay, (Y/N)-ssi?"

"Uhm, y-yes... I mean... no... can you please save my son? I don't know if he'll be okay or not," she said softly so that only the man could hear and it resulted in his eyes widening. He looked between (Y/N) and Aejae unsurely before he sharply glared at the other doctors.

"Get this kid and his father to Mr Kim's private ward right now if there's no wards empty! Hurry up!" the director instructed and (Y/N) observed the doctors hurriedly nodding and splitting up, one taking Aejae to her father's ward room.

"So, (Y/N), looks like you have a lot of explaining to do," the man said pointedly after they were left alone and (Y/N) gave him a weak smile and half-hearted shrug. "Mm, never ever expected to see you here, though."

"Well, I've always been studying as a doctor... ever since we've known each other, you know? You just didn't realise," he glared fondly and then ruffled her hair, "so, what's this about the kid being your son? Since when did you have kids?"

"Ahm, since Sunghee was born?" (Y/N) replied sheepishly and then glanced to the door of the closed ward, "Jaejin, I'm sorry, but can I go in for now? I'm really worried about them..."

"Mhm, sure, I'll come in later, okay? We can talk then, yeah?" Jaejin promised and (Y/N) nodded before she went into the ward room.

...

"Yes, I am aware exactly who he is. Please bring him in," (Y/N)'s posture stiffened and her widened eyes went straight to the door. She felt her heart begin to beat faster as she recognised the voice of the man who spoke.

"O-oppa," she whispered in disbelief when the door opened and she saw Minhyuk looking back at her with a soft smile on his lips. "Hey, (Y/N)-ie."

The five years apart from him suddenly didn't matter as he came over and tightly hugged her, causing her to burst out into tears again. Minhyuk's chest rumbled against her cheek and she laughed weakly, tightening her hands around his sleeves.

"Um, Mr Kim, we'll go then. Director Lee ordered that he would personally tend to this ward alone," a doctor spoke up and (Y/N) tensed up, realising that Donghae was also in the ward. Minhyuk and the doctor exchanged a few words and after the doctors left, (Y/N) hesitantly stood up and peeked over her brother's shoulder.

"Donghae!" a quiet gasp escaped her lips when she saw the state of Donghae. The man looked deathly pale and his lips had coloured blue slightly. He was in deep sleep, but his fingers were twitching slightly and repeatedly - a sign of him being anxious and bothered.

"He should be waking up soon, he fainted out of nowhere," Minhyuk spoke up softly and (Y/N) glanced at him, her lip between her teeth in worry. She hesitantly walked to Donghae and gently lifted his hand up, planting her lips on the back of the cold skin.

-


"WAH!" Donghyuk screamed when Chaera attempted to grab him. Her face flushed hot in embarrassment when people turned their way to glare at them.

"Why are you being so fussy? Can't you just cooperate?" she groaned in annoyance and then glared at the observing children who were eating ice cream calmly. "Why is your brother such a pain?"

"Hyukkie not a pain!" Haesu immediately frowned and Chaera rolled her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter