Epilogue

Never Ever Gonna Let You Go

~ 10 months later
In-ah's POV
"Yah! We leave for Hong Kong in 12 hours and you still haven't packed?!" I yelled from our bedroom as I finished packing my suitcase. "Měilì, don't worry, we have enough time to pack before we leave." Jackson said as he came inside and wrapped me in a back hug. I put my hand on his cheek as his embrace filled me with warmth. 

Ever since, Jackons confessed his love on VLive and his SNS, there has been numerous amount of support from the fans. There were still some hate comments, but I had gotten over it. Jackson and I were happy finally. We did have our occasional fights, mostly about being too busy for each other, but we worked through it.  

A few months later, my mentor, Dr. Kim Ji-yeon decided she was going to retire from Department Head and as professor to enjoy her life with her son and daughter in law in her hometown. She gave me the choice of staying and taking over position or leaving since the research was done earlier than expected. Seeing this was an opportunity, I asked my boss back in the US and he gladly accepted. My parents were ecstatic that I had finally settled down too. During this time I also decided to move in with him. It was frustrating living on separate floors even though we were close by. 

Soon I finished my post doctoral and took over the position as Head at Hallym University. I kept busy with my own work as Jackson worked his individual activities. Finishing his activities, we both decided to go back to the US for the New Year to visit my family. My parents approved of him as he was hardworking and would take care of me. 

Now fast forwarding to the present, we were flying to Hong Kong for a week to meet and visit his family. Me, being a nervous wreck, couldn't figure out what to wear. So I packed all the nice dresses I had for meeting his parents. 

"Why do you need this many dresses? We are just meeting my parents." He asked while reorganizing my suitcase. 

"Because we are meeting your parents. I have to at least look presentable." I said lying down on the bed. He took the luggage off the bed and laid down next to pulling me closer. 

"You could show up in jeans and a t-shirt. They still wouldn't care. They only want to see you and get to know you, I know they will love you." Jackson mentioned as he gave me a kiss on the forehead. 

"You know since we have some time…… we could-" He gently lifted my chin and kissed me deeply. I couldn't resist the contact I wrapped my arms around him to pull him in. 

"Riiiinnng!!!" I suddenly broke from the kiss to check my phone. I read the text from Yu-gyeom to Jackson. "Do we really have to go?!" He sighed, lying on my chest. "Yes we do, it's our weekly meetup, remember?" He groaned as I ruined the mood. He quickly got up giving me a peck on my check. "Well, I will go shower first. We need to get ready soon." Suddenly I was stopped as Jackson grabbed my hand. He hastily picked me up bridal style and carried me into the bathroom. 

"Let's shower  together, we can save time and water." He said cutely with his suspicious smile. "Aiya, you have gone rogue again." We both laughed as he closed the bathroom door. 

When I had first met Jackson Wang at the cafe in Houston, never once I thought I would be the girlfriend of an idol. This love it was genuine and it was here to stay.