Chapter 16 - Starstruck

Never Ever Gonna Let You Go

In-ah's POV 

I swiftly went through my closet, trying to find a nice formal dress that would fit occasion. A week ago, Jackson had invited me to an art show that would be hosted by a famous artist. For the GOT7 members it was more of a social event in terms of their upcoming promotions. I, however, would secretly enter as staff as notified by the manager. This way I wouldn't have too much attention around me. 

A light bulb lit in my mind realizing that this would my first official public outing with Jackson. However, this would be an event as the girlfriend of the idol, Jackson Wang. My anxiety started acting out as I began to have many random thoughts run through my head. I was not prepared for a big, open crowd like the GOT7 members. They are used to it as it was their job. 

"Riiiinngg!" The doorbell rang distracting my thoughts. I went to open to door, to find a delivery girl holding out a box. "Package for Choi In-ah?" She questioned. I happily signed the receipt and took the box. I wondered who would send me something now. Looking at the address label, I saw it was from Jackson! Opening the box to take a look and found a note. 

"In-ah, here is a dress for tonight! My first gift to you. Now I know you're not into designer, extravagant materials, but please don't hate me for it. I will be waiting for you at the event as I need to get ready. There will be a car waiting for you downstairs at 7pm. Can't wait to see you in this dress!" The thought of him gifting something like this made me feel warm inside. However I knew I needed to lecture him later on to stop buying expensive things. 

I fumbled through the package to retrieve the gifted outfit for the event. Curious about the price, I looked around it for the price. He was sly, taking off the tag so I wouldn't talk his ear off about it. However I still admired the dress. Jackson had good taste when it came to fashion. It was a black short sequin top with small sleeves and long black tulle skirt that would probably reach my knees considering my small stature. 

Glancing at the clock, I quickly rushed into my bathroom to shower and get ready. I haven't dressed up formally in ages. Let's kill it and walk the runway tonight! 

Jackson's POV

"Hyung, when will noona get here?!" BamBam whined like a baby. I don't know what it was, but the members have gotten so attached to In-ah especially the younger ones. I was anxious as how she would feel with all the media around the event. When me and In-ah got together, I already expressed the information to Park PD-nim and our manager. They happily and heartily accepted as the dating ban was lifted. However, they did tell me to be careful while dating a non-celebrity. 

"Has she texted when she would arrive?" Jin-young asked me as walked inside to the gallery. Just then I recognized the lean, curvy back of my beautiful girlfriend. She turned around to look at me with her breathtaking presence. It was as if a goddess had come down to earth just for me. The outfit I chose, was modest to her taste, as it enunciated her curves, while not showing too much skin. Her small black heels gave a lift to her adorable, small stature. The minimalist makeup she always wore finished off the look.

"Noona! You look awesome!" Young-Jae smiled brightly as he went forward to give her a big hug. All the members looked in awe as they greeted In-ah. Making my way, I gave her a hug and greeted her with a quick peck on the check. I had to be careful so the media would not catch us. "You look gorgeous! Amazing as always" I whispered into her ear, she hastily squeezed my hand to respond to the compliment. 

"Not so bad yourself mister!" She was smiling brightly from ear to ear. I gave a cool model pose for her to admire. "You look amazing, but why is BamBam the only one wearing a bejeweled blazer? All of you are wearing tuxedos?." She eyed us in comparison. Jin-young sighed and said, "He insisted he stands out, even though this is a black tie event." 

"Hey! A blazer like this is suited for only this event!" He posed with his best friend Yu-gyeom. Including In-ah,we all rolled our eyes at them for their narcissism. On behalf of all of us, Mark-hyung took the honor to smack the back of their heads to snap into reality. Everyone laughed at their expressions, seeing their childish pouts.

"Ah, In-ah-sshi, good to see you again! I hope you are enjoying the event! Jackson mentioned how you are an artist yourself!" In-ah thanked manager-hyung as she received his compliment. 

"Alright boys, some of you have to start mingling with the others, remember this event is important for the upcoming promotions." Manager-hyung stated, he left it to us to decide who wanted to socialize. After a small discussion, Jin-young mentioned "I will stay with noona, you all go ahead." I was grateful he would stay to keep her company, the young ones would have overwhelmed her during this type of event as they were a bit chaotic. The rest of us dispersed, including, the quiet Jae-beom went to socialize. 

In-ah's POV

Since it was part of the job, the rest of the boys went to mingle. Jin-young decided to stay with me for company. I knew he wasn't the type to communicate much, but I was grateful for not being bored by myself. 

"Well, look at us, two introverts blending into the artwork." He said while handing me a glass of champagne. "Very diligently said, Jin-young-ah" I laughed as we both took a sip. 

"So have you talked to hyung, about what your worries?" The atmosphere took a more solemn, firm tone. "No, not yet, I need too. I was trying to find the right time." I said while swirling my glass of champagne. "Noona…...when?" Jin-young lightly put his hand on my shoulder.

"I know, I know, I will soon" I gave a half hearted smile for to trust my words. Just then I heard someone call Jin-young's name. I peered my eyes to closely who it was. Immediately I was starstruck or the first time. When I first met GOT7, I was shocked, however it was a completely different feeling

"Min-ho-hyung! Nice to see you again! How are you?" Jin-young exclaimed as he greeted the rapper. Even though my love for GOT7 was eternal, I still listened to other groups and solo singers. One of those was Winner. I had always their music, especially Song Min-ho's solos. 

"I'm good! Good luck on your upcoming comeback! WINNER is on break right as we are working on individual activities. My new solo album is in progress right now." He clasped hands with Jin-young  just as he turned to face me. "And who is this beautiful young lady?" My blank face got distracted when Jin-young brought me back to reality. 

"Hello! It is so nice to meet you! I'm Choi In-ah and also a really big fan of your music and WINNER" I put hand politely for handshake to greet him. "Yeah, this is also GOT7's number one fangirl, friend and Jackson-hyung's girlfriend!" I faced Jin-young giving him a why-did-you-say-that look. 

"Oh wow! Congratulations, I hope to get to know you more. Don't worry I won't tell anybody. Even though I never experienced it, I understand the pressure of dating an idol" Min-ho gave me a warm hearted smile. He was really mature in realizing the situation. All three of us talk for a few minutes about the art. After awhile, it was me and Jin-young again. 

"You know being GOT7's friend and Jackson's girlfriend does have its perks" I playfully punched Jin-young on the shoulder we walked to the next piece of artwork. "Don't get any ideas, noona, not all idols are friends you know. I know Min-ho hyung because of appearing on Master Key and various music shows." Jin-young chuckled as we examined the painting. I heard his name again called put by another male.

"Jin-young-ah! It's good to see you! Been awhile! How are you?" I was starstruck again. This time it was one of my favorite actors, Lee Jun-ho. I stared in awe as Jin-young gave him a friendly hug and exchanging greetings. "So, who is this pretty woman?" Knowing I zoned out again Jin-young introduced me again. 

"Oh, wow so you are dating Jackson?! Congratulations! You should come to the office sometime!" Jun-ho held put his hand in politeness. I slowly came to reality as I reciprocate the gesture. "Jun-ho-sshi, it is so nice to meet you! I love 2PM's music. You are one of my favorite actors, I love all your dramas!" I could tell that Jun-ho was surprised by my reaction. I saw from side glance that Jin-young tried to cover up his laugh. I finally came back to my composure so we could politely talk. Suddenly GOT7's manager came up to us

"In-ah-sshi please come with me, there is an important matter. You too Jin-young, I have been gathering all the GOT7 members as well" Several anxious thoughts began to form in my head wondering about the important matter. Both of us were ushered to a private room in the venue. When we entered standing there were the other members, and  Jackson staring at me with a worried look. I turned around to find, the big boss pacing around, CEO JYP. Were we in trouble?

"Hello In-ah-sshi, we finally meet." Park PD-nim held out his to greet me while keeping a poker face. I nervously responded with a handshake. "So you are dating Jackson and also good friends with the boys  right?" I stood in front of the boss with my hands tights crossed. "Y-Yes, sir" I said with a shaking voice. This situation felt like being in a principal's office waiting for detention. I quickly glanced at the boys seeing they had their heads down, nervously staring at the ground. 

"That's great! I'm glad that Jackson is dating a smart girl like you! The manager told me how happy the boys have been ever since they met you!" Me, including the members looked up in awe just to see Park PD-nim smiling. Was there a camera somewhere, was this a show? Did I miss something? 

"You all thought I would refuse this relationship right? Don't worry, now that dating ban has been lifted since it has been 3 years, it is okay." All the members look relieved from that piece of information. "In-ah-sshi, I called you here not scare, but offer some advice. While I do approve of you being friends with GOT7 and Jackson's girlfriend, I advise caution. Fans and media  can get really picky if they find out about this. I'm only saying this because I have personally experienced in the past." I nodded my head understanding Park PD-nim's carefulness. 

After a few more conversations all of us headed back out to enjoy the event. This time Jackson stayed with me for the rest of the party. Even though Jackson kept close, I restrained him from any physical contact as the media would capture at any unknown time. I did happily spend time with him, however, I still had an uneasy lingering thought in my mind.