Chapter 17 - It's Not All Rainbows

Never Ever Gonna Let You Go

Jackson's POV 
"That was a long night! How are you feeling babe?!" I sighed while resting on the couch with In-ah. It was close to 12 am by the time we reached her place. She gradually took her off her heels and sat down with her legs sprawled across my lap. 

"It was fun, never experienced anything like it before. I did get to meet a lot of celebrities. Maybe being your girlfriend has its perks." She laughed, despite being tiresome. I was glad that some of the other idols got to meet her. What surprised me was that Park PD-nim was ecstatic about meeting In-ah because at first he gave off a serious vibe. However, the advice he gave In-ah kept lingering in the back of my mind. Could we really pull off being a secretive couple? What would happen if we really went public?

"Měilì, we need to talk." I pulled her in closer to me, for comfort. This was going to be an emotional conversation for her. "I also need to talk to you, but you go first." She said while weaving her fingers through mine. "It's okay, I will listen, you go first." Did she have the same thoughts as me? 

"I-I'm worried about our relationship. The new album will be released soon keeping you busy. At the same time, I'm worried about the media exposing you. They could turn it into a scandal." Dark, black tears started falling, smearing her makeup. I didn't know she bottled it up all this time. 

"I just feel if we both become busy, our relationship would drift apart and there would be nothing left" She explained as her crying became heavier. I remember her anxiety played a big role as she would suffer from negative thoughts. I needed to reassure her. 

"In-ah, sweetheart, look at me" I cupped her cheeks to wipe her hurtful tears. "I promise you, I will not leave you. In fact, I did want to talk to you about the same thing." I placed a small kiss on her forehead to calm her down. "Yes, there are busy times coming up, however, my effort of taking care of you will not fade away. We won't drift apart, because I won't let you go. Okay?" She nodded her head and laid her head on my chest, hugging me tightly. 

"Oh by the way, this week, I won't be able to have breakfast with you. I have to leave early in the morning for meetings and photoshoots." In-ah had a solemn look when I mentioned my schedule. Probably started overthinking again. "It's alright, at least I will get to see you for dinner." She gave me a quick peck on the lips. Glancing at the time I realized we needed to get some place. I had to leave early in the morning for my schedule. 

Carrying her princess style we both left for her bedroom. The least I could do is stay the night with her. I decided I would get up an hour early to make breakfast before I left. 


     ~ A month later ~


In-ah's POV 
"Babe, are you coming home for dinner tonight, I'm cooking?" I firmly asked my idol boyfriend on the phone. Jackson had been busy ever since the new GOT7 album released. Before it was released, I got invited to tour around the company and got a listen on the final edited songs for the album. I did get many perks being his girlfriend. 

However, Jackson hasn't been coming home a lot lately. Instead, he would just grab some clothes to change or take a quick nap on my couch. "No, sorry, not today. We have another PR meeting and variety show shooting later at night. Sweetie, got to go, I will text you. Bye!" He hastily hung up on the phone. Sighing I went to go eat alone as always. Before the pre-release, we had enjoyed at least dinner together, but lately that hasn't been the case. 

When I first said yes to Jackson, I knew it would be a rollercoaster. However, I trusted Jackson's reassurance as kept promising me. Frustrated with the situation, I decided to finish up some work and sleep early as I had to teach the following day. As a way to get rid of my anxiety and tangled thoughts, I have been drowning myself in work. 
                                            *******
My alarmed blared as just the morning light hit the opposite wall. To wake up, I groggily stretched in my bed,but I felt a muscular restraint. I turned around to find Jackson with his legs and arms draped over me. Must have got in pretty late, since they were shooting a show at midnight. Half me was happy looking at my sweet angel, but the other half was frustrated. Kissing his forehead, I went to my bathroom to get ready for work. 

"Hey, you are up early again. Breakfast is in the fridge, I have to leave now though." I told Jackson as he woke while I finished getting ready. "I have the morning off, why don't we spend the day in, take off work beautiful." I looked at him in surprise. What did he just say? 

"Jackson, I can't just spontaneously cancel class today! I have students to take care of!" I yelled at him in frustration, he should know by now that I loved my work. 

"What if I drop you off at University?" He asked while getting up from my bed. I stood there while he got closer to me. Being irritated, I removed his hands from my shoulders. 

"No, dropping me off, it could cause trouble. Who knows, someone will take pictures and post them." I grabbed my bag and began to leave my room with Jackson following me out. 

"So who cares?! Wait, why are you mad? You know I have been busy too!" Jackson's tone started to get louder. "Jackson Wang, please stop, I do not need an argument before work!" I said with wide eyes making sure he understood. 

"An argument? I wasn't the one who started it! I try to put so much effort into spending time with you and this what I get?!" At this point I just wanted to start crying again and scream at him for his stupid statement. "You?! I was the one carrying all the effort all this time!" I turned my back to him. Having a fight before work would definitely ruin my mood. Not wanting to say any more, I left, telling him to leave. 

I walked to the bus stop heated after a stupid fight. Why did I care at this point? I'm supposed to make time for him?! He doesn't even realize how much of the effort I put. Not wanting to talk to others on the bus while being in a bad mood, I played some music to calm down. Just in time, the bus stopped at university without me realizing how quickly time had passed.

I walked to the professor's lounge to get some papers and books for today's lecture. As I was organizing my desk, Kim Hyun-woo strolled in greeting me. 

"In-ah, lovely to see you this morning!" He kindly said while filling his coffee. I looked at him in frustration, but quickly figured it  wouldn't be polite. "Yeah, sure, a lovely morning." I said with a flat tone. 

"Something on your mind, would you like to talk over dinner about it?" My mind took a different turn, dinner with a friend would be nice. Eating at night has been lonely these days. "Alright, my place tonight, at 7pm. I can cook" I wholeheartedly agreed to his proposal. It would help me get over my bad mood with Jackson. 

"Wait? Your place? You have a boyfriend though?" He cautiously asked sipping his coffee. "So, I can still have friends. Besides, he's not worth mentioning right now." I smiled as he gave me worried acceptance for dinner tonight. I texted him my address before I left for the classroom. 
******
I cooked up a storm by the time Hyun-woo came. He came dressed up casually. I swear that man could make anything look like a high fashion piece, he should really share his thoughts with BamBam. Hyun-woo loved most of the dishes I made especially the braised chicken and cream pasta. The new white wine he brought tasted well along with the food.

During dinner, we had so many random conversations about our childhood and growing up in different places. As we were cleaning up and prepping for dessert, the doorbell rang. Who could it be this late? I was expecting anybody as Jackson hasn't contacted me since our fight. The other boys, I haven't seen in awhile because of promotions. 

Opening the door, there he was, my idol boyfriend. The other members looked happy to see me as they were smiling brightly. I figured that Jackson wanted to apologize and talk out our situation. 

"In-ah? Who is that?" Hyun-woo asked as he came up behind me. "Wait what is GOT7 doing at your place?" He looked at me and the members in surprise. I was seriously hoping at this point, the earth would swallow me whole to avoid this awkward situation.

The atmosphere became silent as the boys entered. From a quick glance, I saw Jackson fuming and the members confused trying to figure the tense situation. Oh universe, please just take me now, I thought. I prayed silently to help me get through this mess with ease and patience.