Chapter 19 - Falling Down

Never Ever Gonna Let You Go

In-ah's POV 
~ 2 weeks later
"So how does it feel to be done with promotions?" Me and the GOT7 members were celebrating the end of their new album promotions and busy schedules. They came over for my home cooked dinner. Jackson had many dates planned for us, as he was excited. He had a few weeks off before working on individual activities. 

"Aiya, it feels so relaxing! Now we can spend more time with noona before our individual schedules!" Young-Jae gave me a hug sitting next to me. I knew he wasn't very social with others, but he became like a little brother to me since we met. 

"Sorry boys, the next few weeks, In-ah is mine. We need to go out on proper dates now." Jackson said pulling me closer. The younger ones gave off a solemn look. We all laughed at their whiny attitude. 

"It's alright, we all will hang out again soon. We could do a day trip! Maybe to Nami Island? I haven't much time to explore since I arrived in Korea." That fact suddenly hit me like a lightning bolt. Ever since I came, it's always been work, home or Jackson's place. I haven't gotten around much. "That would be fun! We can make it a healing trip!" Jae-beom said with eagerness. 

Just then my phone rang with Hyun-woo's name glowing on the screen. Weird how he called because he usually texts if he needed something. 

"In-ah, I think you should check the news articles!" Hyun-woo frantically said. All the members looked at me confused as to what impending situation was. "It's all over SNS too! I thought I should let you know!" Wondering about the important issue, I pulled up my social media. Scrolling through, there it was my worst fear had come alive. It couldn't be! The members also pulled out their phones to check and at this moment, everyone was dumbstruck about the news. 

'Mysterious Girl Hanging Around GOT7' 
'Jackson Wang Seen With An Unknown Woman' 
'Friends or More? Jackson Wang/ Mystery Woman' 

Most of these articles were written by Dispatch, the number one gossip column ruining idol's careers. So many great celebrities have retired from the industry because of it. Looking through the articles there were pictures dating from a few months ago when I reunited with GOT7. However most of the pictures showed me and Jackson together. There was even a picture of us hugging at the art show. 

As I was beginning to scroll through the article, Jackson grabbed my phone from my hand. "Hey! I need to read what they said?!" I felt my cheeks burning as sign of my anxiety kicking in. "No need, Dispatch is s***. None of it is true anyway." The members all nodded in agreement.

I knew the information wasn't true, but my mind started having a mini panic attack thinking of all the hateful comments to come. "In-ah, don't worry, our PR team will take care of this. Besides, look on the bright side, most of these you are wearing a mask and cap. For the art show photo it was taken from a distance too. They won't even figure out that it's you in the photos." Jackson said coolly trying to make me feel better. 

"Noona get some rest, don't think too much into it. This should blow over in a few days." I gave Yu-gyeom a half hearted smile pretending that I was okay. One by one the boys started heading home and all that was left was me and Jackson. Instead of having romance in the air, the atmosphere was filled with silence and tension from the drastic turn of events. 

"Měilì….." Jackson said coming up to hug me. But I couldn't accept it. "Jackson please leave, I want be alone for tonight." I turned my back to him as I didn't have the courage to show my tears. "In-ah, please babe, how can I leave you alone in this situation? Let me help." He came up and weaved his arms around my waist. "J-Jackson…… the only way to help me is for you to leave. Show yourself out." I released from his tight grip. 

"Fine. If you need me, you know where to find me." His voice took a more stern tone sound as if he was offended that I refused his help. The door slammed loudly as my wall clock shook. I ran into my bedroom to let out my painful cries. I was pretty sure that Jackson stayed in front of my apartment door waiting for me to change my mind. 

Looking through my phone, I scrolled through the feed as a wave of hurtful comments rolled in. Most of them weren't about GOT7, but narrowing in on me. 

'I will stand by GOT7! She's probably only in it for fame!" 
'That ruthless b****'
'Gold digger! She's not fit for Jackson Wang. Hope he can realize that soon and break up!' 

Then there were some defending me and Jackson of our relationship. However it didn't heal the fact that I was called a b****. Putting my phone away, I slowly fell into a deep slumber with the darkness swallowing my cries.
******** 
"In-ah why are you here? You don't teach today. Is there any lab meetings?" Hyun-woo asked sitting down at the common table. This morning was hell, as a headache and fever came on after crying myself to sleep. I had missed calls from Jackson and multiple texts from the other boys. However I didn't have the heart to answer any of them. 

"I didn't feel like working from home today. I thought coming here would take a load off. I also emailed my students notifying I would be here if they wanted extra." I began cleaning and organizing my desk, however, pieces of hateful comments came back to my mind. 

"Hey, you shouldn't work in this state of mind. You should go home and rest." Hyun-woo looked at me in worry. Going home, meant going crazy being alone with my demons toying my emotions. I wish I could explain to Hyun-woo about my emotional pain, but were not that close as friends. 

"No it's fine, I will stay for the day, besides I have you to keep me company." Hyun-woo smiled at me and nodded in agreement. At this time it felt relieving to have a non-celebrity friend. "In-ah, the news just updated, you should take a look again….." Hyun-woo turned his phone to me. 

'Confirmed! Jackson Wang's Girlfriend!' 
'Jackson Wang and Mystery Woman Seen Together at Han River!"

Below the article, comments started flooding in. One mentioned how Jackson lied, saying he only cared about his career and fans. The rest of them started become curse words about me 

'Probably just another model , trying to seduce him'
'She's after his money! Poor innocent Jackson doesn't see it.' 

I couldn't help it, even though it wasn't true, memories of verbal abuse came back to me reading these comments. Hyun-woo's phone slipped onto the floor as my body started to tremble with tears. Fortunately Hyun-woo held onto my shoulders to calm me down

"Sorry, I dropped your phone." I picked it running my fingers over his cracked screen. "It's all right, it's just a phone screen, I can get it fixed again." Hyun-woo responded. 

"Are you sure you're okay? I'm here to talk as friends, as a shoulder to lean on." He gingerly took my hand and gave it a gentle squeeze. I shook my head slightly to let him know that I was just in shock. 

"Hey at least nobody knows it's you though." I knew he was trying hard to make the situation better. But knowing how fans are usually are, they won't stop at none to protect their precious idol. "Yea, but it won't be a matter of time before they find out. There are sasaengs, you know." I told him as my cries subsided. 

"If someone you don't know approaches you suspiciously or follows you, call me first, okay? Also if you need rides ask, don't walk alone, alright?" He patted my head as he went off to get lunch for the both of us.
******** 
"Hello? This is Choi In-ah speaking?" I picked up as I have lunch with Hyun-woo. "In-ah-sshi, this is GOT7's manager, Park PD-nim would like to see you for a meeting." My heart told me not go as I didn't want to run into Jackson or the other members. "Okay, I will be there in 15 minutes" I told the manager. 

"Hyun-woo, I don't want to trouble you, but could I get a ride to JYPE?" I asked him nervously. I was grateful that he offered help, but at the same time I didn't want him to be involved in this mess either. "Sure, I would be happy to give you a ride. Is this meeting about the breaking news?" He said as walked to his car. 

"Yeah, Park PD-nim wants to meet me. I need to at least hear his solution to this whole mess." I sighed as we left for the company.