Chapter 21-Running Away

Never Ever Gonna Let You Go

In-ah's POV 
"I can't believe you bought beer instead of soju." After a long day of work, Hyun-woo decided to come over for dinner with takeout. He bought over fried chicken and beer. "Hey, it goes well with the taste. Aiya, you are from the States, I need to make you into a true foodie." He said as we walked to my door. Just as I was about to open it, I noticed a paper taped. The note read: 

'I know who you are! Breakup up with Jackson Wang!'   - Anonymous 

I crumpled up the paper the stupid handwritten paper. "Aish, these sasaengs will do anything for their beloved idol" I said as we both strolled into my apartment. "In-ah, maybe you should find a safer place until this all blows over." He said with worry. We placed the food on the table and started eating.

"Why should I run? it's probably just a teenage sasaeng psychologically obsessed with GOT7. What harm can they do?" Although I wasn't fretting about the strange note, there was still apart of me that was worried. 

"I don't know In-ah, it seems like you have a stalker. The public doesn't know that you are the girlfriend of Jackson." He shook his to persuade me. 

"He told me he loved me." I said to Hyun-woo while eating. "And you didn't respond?" He asked questionably. 

"Why should I? We live in different worlds. He could probably fit in mine, but I can't in his. He deserves better. I don't want to be the woman who ruined his career." I said taking a bite of my fried chicken. 

"In-ah, as man and as your friend, I'm saying this to you." He paused eating to start his emotional monologue. 

"Look I don't need to hear any lines that they say in those movies after a breakup. It's for his good." I say in an icy, stern tone. 

"Yah! Let me talk first! You don't understand how the man feels! He loves you and is willing to do anything for you. You have to be selfish for once. You're not doing any good by running away." Hyun-woo's words made me think from a different perspective. But I know I was right to become strangers. As it was getting late, we both cleaned up and Hyun-woo headed home. 

Getting ready for bed, I checked up on SNS to see if there was any update. I saw that Dispatch and other media outlets posted. 

'Mystery Woman Breaks up with Jackson Wang' 
'Jackson Wang Takes Time Off. Why?' 

I guess JYP finalized my decision with the PR team after the meeting. Scrolling down to look at the comments I was hoping there would better ones, however it was still the same. 

'That b****! What has she done to Jackson' 
'Poor Jackson has to suffer through it! We are here for you!' 
'The stupid witch will have it coming for her! At least Jackson can be peaceful again!" 

In my heart, I knew that Jackson wouldn't be alright. Knowing his personality he's probably locked himself at home. He's done that before during tough schedules I have seen it firsthand. It made me worry about the amount of stress he took on. 

Wallowing in my emotional pain, I cried myself to sleep with only the darkness and moonlight taking in my sobs
                                            ******* 
"Hey you're here again? You have been coming to work a lot lately." Hyun asked while sitting at his desk. Being at home meant overthinking and crying myself to sleep. If I was at the university, I can take a load off. "I rather be here and not mope around the house instead." We both smiled at each other in return. Suddenly there was a knock on the door. Probably one of my students as I emailed them to notify them of my presence. "Come in!" I answered. 

"Noona, we need to talk." I recognized the build and voice of the man who walked inside. It was Jin-young wearing a black cap and mask. Probably didn't want to be seen by anybody. "I will um….. go take a stroll around campus." Hyun-woo quickly left giving us privacy. 

"How did you know I was here?" I pretending to go over some papers to avoid his contact. "You weren't home, so I figured you would be at the university instead." He replied. 

"Noona, please we need to talk about this situation." Jin-young asked sitting down in front of me. "What is there to talk about? I already expressed my decision at the office that day. We never met, we are just strangers from here on out. Just act like I never existed." My cheeks started heat up as my anxiety started to kick in. Actually I didn't want to forget them. They became my best friends. I mainly did not want to forget Jackson. He has treated me so special that no ever guy has. 

"Fine, forget us, but what about Jackson-hyung huh? Ever since you broke up and refused his love, he has locked himself at home. He postponed all of his individual activities and is drinking non-stop." Jin-young spelled out all the trouble Jackson has been going through. I was heartbroken over the fact that I caused it. 

"Jin-young-ah, tell him time will heal everything. I did this for his own good, he will understand in the future. He shouldn't have to be with a woman who ruined his career." I replied to him. Tears started emerging from my eyes. 

"Noona, look me in the eye and tell me you love him. At this moment I will call him to see you. Please don't leave him." I couldn't hold it anymore. I did love and wanted to tell him that after he ended his promotions. I had a whole date planned out for it. Jin-young immediately caught my gaze and tears. "You do love him, you just don't have the courage to say it. Why noona?! Why?!" His tone started to get louder. 

"Because I can't! I can't live the rest of my life bedside him knowing that I ruined his hard work. I can't live the rest of my life taking in hate from other people!" I replied to him as pounded my fist on the desk. 

Hearing my painful statement, Jin-young started to get up to leave. "You know noona, when we all first met you, we idolized you for being so headstrong and brave, especially Jackson. However I guess I can see your true colors now." And just like that with his conclusion he left in frustration. Those last few words went straight through my heart as if someone had stabbed me.

"In-ah! Are you all right?!" Hyun-woo came inside after Jin-young left just to find me on the floor. I was crying heavily hugging my knees. What did I do in order for it to turn out like this, I thought. 

"Hyun-woo, please take me home, I can't be here any longer." With that said, he helped me and we walked to his car leaving for my apartment complex. 

When we reached, I told him that I would be alright in walking up to my place, but he insisted just in case anything happened to me. When we got upstairs, suddenly stopped at wall near the corridor. "There is someone at your door, do you know that person?" I peeked over to check. The person surely had a female build, looked like the height of a high schooler or college girl. "No, I don't know who she is, to be honest I haven't made any girlfriends since I came to Korea." I told him 

"Okay well, let's go wait in the car until she leaves." We both rushed back to his car. While waiting Hyun-woo asked about the conversation with Jin-young. Told him everything that was said, especially the last few words that he said. Coincidentally, he took Jin-young's side. 

After awhile, Hyun-woo asked, "Do you think she's gone? We can check?" In agreement we both walked up to my floor. However we first stayed by the corridor to make sure she left. As there was no sign of her, sighing in relief I went to unlock my door. But then Hyun-woo noticed another note on my door. It read: 'Leave my precious GOT7 alone! Don't speak to Jackson! If you do, I will release everything about you to the media!' 

"In-ah, maybe it's not a good idea to stay here for awhile. Who knows what she would do next? You said yourself, sasaengs stop at nothing." Hyun-woo was right, I needed to stay at another place. I couldn't contact Jackson or the other GOT7 members, it would just make matters worse. 

As we both entered my place, I was relieved that nothing was touched and in order. "What about my place? Just as friends, I'm offering." Hyun-woo looked at me nervously. Since I had no other option, I took the risk. It was just as friends, purely platonic, what could go wrong? 

"Yes. Thank you for the offer. Just let me grab some stuff." I replied to him unknowingly. "No problem, I will wait." He answered. 

Grabbing my keys and bag, we both exited the complex and left for his place. Maybe this healing for awhile, would help me get away from my stressful situations. What would be in store for me? I thought, staring out the window. 

When we arrived at Hyun-woo's apartment complex, I noticed that it wasn't far from mine, only 15 minutes away. However, it was more convenient as it was closer to the university. The place was bigger than mine. Most of the furniture had a minimalistic feel to it as it was mainly white and black. The walls were spiced up with colorful hanging paintings and family pictures.

 "Nice place you’ve got! Really fancy!" I complimented, looking around for the guest room. "Ah the guest room is to your right! Thanks! It's actually my parents, they live up in Gangnam now." He replied, helping me getting settled in. So he's probably a third generation rich kid. Why become a professor then? I though. Oh well, to each his own.

"Oh by the way, this is Geum-Bi." He introduced me to his adorable maltese puppy. Thinking of her made me miss Young-Jae's dog, Coco. How I wish I could see Jackson and the members now. But we will have to survive here until the gossip dies down. 

"In-ah, go ahead and freshen up first. I will order takeout in the meantime." I generously offered to pay in return for letting me stay here, but he declined.

When the food arrived, we both ate while chatting. At the end of the night we both retired to our respective rooms and slept. Frankly, it wouldn't be that bad at all to stay here for awhile. Slowly with nightfall, I fell into a deep slumber.