08;

euphoria

Over the next couple of months, Yoongi and Junghoon got closer than ever. Taehyung moved in with Hoseok and Yoongi, but Yoongi was often sleeping over at Jungkook and Junghoon’s place because Junghoon constantly invited him over to hang out. It’s Euphoria’s debut time and Junghoon invited Yoongi to watch their debut stage.

Yoongi was backstage with the staff watching the stylists get Euphoria ready. Junghoon walked up to him after he finished and grinned. “How do I look, hyung?”

“You look fantastic~”

“Can I get a kiss for good luck?” Junghoon grinned and pointed to his cheek.

Yoongi laughed and pecked Junghoon’s cheek. “Good luck~”

Junghoon smiled and took the mic from the staff and ran up on stage with the other Euphoria members. They all greeted the audience first and got into position. Junghoon turned and waved to Yoongi who waved back.

At the end of their performance, Junghoon turned to look at Yoongi backstage but noticed he wasn’t there. He went up to the staff and asked them where he was but they all said the same thing. They didn’t know. Junghoon went to look around for him but was stopped by the staff who told him that they needed to record again.

Junghoon looked down the hall to the exit and sighed and went back out on stage. After the show, Junghoon tells Kiha that he will take a taxi back home and runs out of the building. He jumps into a taxi and tells the driver where to go. He goes up to Yoongi and Hoseok’s apartment and frantically knocked on the door.

He didn’t know if anyone would answer considering how late it was but he knocked anyway until he got an answer. Taehyung frowned. “Junghoon? What are you doing here?”

“Is Yoongi hyung here?”

“I thought he was with you.”

Junghoon shook his head. “No, he disappeared sometime during our performance. I don’t know where he is. I tried calling him but he isn’t answering.”

“Okay, uh, it’s fine. Don’t panic. We’ll find him. Why don’t you come in? It’s late. I would hate to make you go home at this time.”

Junghoon sighed heavily and walked inside just as Hoseok emerged from the room. “What are you doing here?” he asked.

“I came here looking for Yoongi hyung.”

Hoseok froze and looked at Junghoon. “Oh...okay…”

“Hyung...do you know anything? If you do, please tell me…”

Hoseok looked down. “Uh… yeah, he called me tonight to pick him up and take him to the train station.”

“The train station?” Both Taehyung and Junghoon asked.

“Yeah, he’s going back to Daegu. He told me he told you two. Or… did you two forget?”

Junghoon frowned. “What? He’s going now?”

Taehyung pouted. “He didn’t even say goodbye…”

“I...I have to go and stop him,” said Junghoon as he started for the door.

“You can’t. His train left an hour ago.” Hoseok stopped him by grabbing onto his arm.

“Then, I’ll take the next train out.”

“There are no trains going out to Daegu at this time.”

Junghoon let out a loud groan and dropped himself onto the couch. He buried his face in his hands and frowned. “Aw, man…”

Hoseok and Taehyung exchanged confused glances. “Why are you so desperate to get to him?”

“I just… need to talk to him,” said Junghoon. “It’s kind of important…”

“You like him, don’t you?” Taehyung asked.

Junghoon leaned back against the couch and sighed. “I was going to ask him after the show. I got permission from my manager and even begged the CEO to let me do it… And now, I can’t…”

“Did you lie about liking Jimin?”

Junghoon shook his head. “No, I… I like him. I did like him… But over the last couple months of getting to know Yoongi hyung more and hanging out with him, I found myself falling for him…”

“What is you just debuted and the company has your schedule packed full for the next month or so. You won’t have the time to go to him,” said Hoseok.

“I know,” Junghoon said with a frown.

“We’ll figure something out. Maybe he’ll answer your call and you can tell him… Just don’t stress yourself out,” said Taehyung. “You need to rest.”

“You’re welcome to sleep in hyung’s old room if you want,” Hoseok said.

Junghoon nodded. “Okay…”

Taehyung rubbed Junghoon’s back. “Get some rest, okay?”

Junghoon nodded and headed for Yoongi’s old room. He walked in and looked around. It was so empty without Yoongi’s things, but it still smelled like him. He spread himself out on the bed and sighed heavily. “Why didn’t you wait just a little while longer, hyung?” he mumbled to himself before slowly drifting off to sleep.

 

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

 

A month and a half later, Yoongi is on his way home from the convenience store. He didn’t have the time to go full grocery shopping yet because he was so busy working on new music so he has to go out every night for dinner. He didn’t mind it though. It was a nice breath of fresh air after working all day. He greeted the ahjumma who always sat in the lobby of the apartment building that he lived in and proceeded up the steps.

“Yoongi-ssi,” the ahjumma called out, “you have a handsome visitor today. I sent him up to your apartment to wait for you.”

Yoongi frowned. “Did he say his name?”

She shook her head. “No, but he seemed like a nice boy.”

Yoongi nodded. “Uh, okay. Thank you,” he said and rushed up the stairs. He didn’t want to keep his visitor waiting. When Yoongi got to his floor, he walked slower when he noticed the male standing at his door with his back facing toward him. Yoongi rose an eyebrow. He couldn’t quite tell who it was from the back. He approached cautiously in case he had to make a run for it. “Uh, hi.”

The visitor turned around hearing Yoongi’s voice and to his surprise, it was Junghoon. He greeted Yoongi with a big smile. “Hi. Euphoria is in town for schedule this week and I thought I should visit you while we’re here.”

“Sure… You know you could have texted me that you were coming… I would have gotten you dinner,” said Yoongi as he stuck his key into the door. “How did you get my address?”

“I asked Hoseok hyung, if...that’s okay.”

Yoongi opened the door and invited Junghoon in. “It’s fine. How’s he doing?”

“Oh, he's great. He and Taehyung are doing just fine. He actually wanted me to come and check up on you anyway. Make sure you’re eating and stuff.”

Yoongi rolled his eyes. “Typical Hoseok. Uh, sorry the place is a bit of a mess. I wasn’t expecting a visitor… not that I get a lot of visitors anyway…” Yoongi quickly kicked a stray sweatshirt to the side and picked up a couple pieces of snack rubbish off the floor.

“It’s fine. It feels homey like this.” Junghoon glances around the apartment. “Reminds me a lot of my new apartment. Small and cozy.”

“New apartment?” Yoongi questioned as he made his dinner. “You don’t live with Jungkook anymore?”

“No, we got into a huge fight. After you left, he picked up a really bad drinking habit that progressively got worse and I had to remove myself from that.”

“Really? Why’s that?”

Junghoon sat down at the table and exhaled. “Namjoon hyung won’t like that I told you this, but you deserve to know… Jungkook, uh, got fired.”

“He what?” Yoongi’s eyes widened. “What happened?”

“He wasn’t showing up to work some days and the days he did show up, he was drunk off his .”

“Oh… It’s that bad, huh?”

“Yeah, it’s that bad. Anyway, enough about him, what about you? Everything good out here for you?” Junghoon smiled and helped Yoongi get his food to the table.

Yoongi sat across from Junghoon and nodded. “Yeah, everything’s great. Except my mom likes to nag me about not bringing home a handsome Seoul boy.”

Junghoon laughed. “Really?”

“Yeah. She told me the first time I moved to Seoul that I wasn’t welcome back until I brought a handsome boy home. She was pretty upset that I came back alone, but she’s okay with it. But now she’s pressuring me into getting a handsome Daegu boy.” Yoongi chuckled. “There’s no winning with her on this.”

“What about a handsome Busan boy? Would she be satisfied with that?”

“Maybe. But she didn’t really like Jungkook. And I don’t think she would like Jimin much either.”

“I’m not talking about either of them. I’m talking about me,” Junghoon said as he stood up and went over to the side of the table Yoongi was. He grasped Yoongi’s hand and brought it up to his lips. “What would your mom say about bringing me home?”

Yoongi blushed and pulled his hand away. “Uh, not sure…”

“Did you tell her about me?”

“Of course I did. We got close in the past couple of months. Why wouldn’t I tell her about you?”

“What did she say about me?”

“N-Nothing…”

Junghoon smiled at Yoongi’s shyness and got down on his knees next to him. “Hyung, why did you leave so early that night?”

“I had to or I would miss my train…”

“If I had told you that I had something to tell you that night, would you have stayed?”

“Depends,” Yoongi said as he looked Junghoon in the eyes. “What did you have to say?”

“Over the last few months of us hanging out with each other and hanging out, I found myself falling for you hard. That time when we were recording and you told me to think about a time when I fell in love, honestly, I tried to think about Jimin. I thought I liked him, but instead, I found myself thinking about you. Hyung,” said Junghoon as he grabbed Yoongi’s hand and held it tight, “that night when you left, I was going to tell you how I felt and I was going to ask you to be mine.”

Yoongi stared at Junghoon incredulously. “Are...you serious? Were you really? You’re… You’re not just saying that, are you?”

“I’m serious. And I don’t expect you to feel the same way or to say yes because you probably don’t want to date your ex-crush’s twin brother, but…if you give me at least tonight, it’ll make me the happiest I’ve ever been.”

Yoongi flushed a bright pink as he listened to Junghoon. He quickly cleared his throat. “Um, okay. If tonight goes well, I might have an answer for you.”

Junghoon smiled and let out a breath of relief. “Perfect. But you don’t have to give me an answer. Just enjoy tonight with me, okay?”

“Sure.”

“Now, let’s get you some actual food. Is this what you’ve been eating lately? Hyung, come on. Hoseok hyung would be so disappointed.”

Yoongi rolled his eyes and punched Junghoon’s shoulder. “Shut up…”

Junghoon grinned and pulled Yoongi up to his feet. “Come on~”

 

On their date, they went to a simple dinner. Yoongi wouldn’t say it was proper dinner food that Hoseok would approve of, but it was better than the food he had bought himself. After the dinner, they went to noraebang to relive the first time they went out and hung out together. Junghoon was still the only one singing, but he didn’t mind.

As the night died down, they were walking back to Yoongi’s apartment. The streets were quiet. Yoongi chuckled softly. “You know, this may sound a bit weird, but you know those months of me waiting for Jungkook to ask me out and we were getting closer?”

“Yeah. What about them?”

“Well, to be honest, I had gotten to a point where I was sick of waiting already and I hoped that maybe you would ask me out instead. You waited a little too long, but at least you didn’t wait two years.”

Junghoon laughed. “Oh, really?”

Yoongi nodded. “Yeah. Being here in Daegu alone gets kinda boring and I missed everyone. But I missed you more. We had gotten so close and I just cut our friendship there by moving back here. And then one day when I was laying in bed, I realized ‘Oh , I think I have feelings for Junghoon.’ I was in a bit of a denial for a while thinking maybe I only like you because you look like Jungkook, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized that you may actually be my ideal type. I think my mom would really like you.”

Junghoon grinned. “I’m honored to be that handsome Busan boy you’re going to bring home.”

Yoongi chuckled and nudged Junghoon’s side. They get back to Yoongi’s apartment and stand by the front door.

“I should probably head back to the hotel,” said Junghoon. “The guys must be worried about me.”

“Do you have to?” Yoongi pouted.

“I’ll come back tomorrow after my schedule. Don’t worry.” Junghoon reached out and swiped a thumb over Yoongi’s pout. “I’ll be back, okay?”

Yoongi huffed softly and caught Junghoon’s wrist and pulled him closer. When their faces were just inches away from each other’s, he spoke: “ that. You’re mine tonight.” And just like that, they were attacking each other’s lips and sloppily discarding every piece of clothing they were wearing until they got to the bed.

Junghoon slowly traced his kisses along Yoongi’s neck, nipping softly at the skin as he went down. Yoongi gasped softly and gripped onto Junghoon’s shoulders. Junghoon gently took Yoongi’s hand and slowly began to trace soft, butterfly kisses along the other’s arm to his wrist and placed a light kiss on his palm.

“I think I get Jungkook’s obsession with your wrists. I might be starting an obsession myself,” said Junghoon with a smirk as he placed another kiss on the inside of Yoongi’s wrists.

Yoongi laughed. “Geez.”

Junghoon smiled and leaned back down to capture Yoongi’s lips in a deep kiss. Yoongi wrapped his arms around Junghoon’s neck as they kissed. As their kiss got more heated, Junghoon’s hands were starting to roam carelessly on Yoongi’s body. Yoongi let out a soft moan into the kiss when Junghoon’s hands slid down his thighs and gave his a soft squeeze.

“W-Wait,” Yoongi muttered softly against Junghoon’s lips.

“What?” Junghoon pulled back and looked at Yoongi with concern. “Am I going too fast?”

“No, it’s not that… It’s just… I don’t have anything. I haven’t exactly been prepared for this kind of thing for a long time…”

Junghoon chuckled and pecks Yoongi’s cheek softly. “Oh, love. I’m always prepared.”

Yoongi raised an eyebrow as Junghoon climbed off the bed and picked up his discarded jeans on the floor. He pulled out a and a small bottle of lube out and turned to Yoongi.

He smirked and showed it to the other. “You ready?”

Yoongi snickered. “As ready as I’ll ever be, I guess.”