06;

euphoria

After Hoseok’s birthday dinner, they all headed to the karaoke bar. As they filed into the room, Yoongi sat on the couch and Jungkook and Junghoon sat on either side of him. Taehyung and Jimin fought for which song they were going to sing first until they settled on the perfect one to duet. Hoseok cheered both of them on and Namjoon and Seokjin looked like they already wanted to go home.

Jungkook glanced at Yoongi and Junghoon next to him and frowned seeing them whispering and smiling with each other. He rolled his eyes and picked up a full bottle of soju, opened it and went to take a sip but Hoseok was quick to snatch it away from him.

“Dude, the night just started and you already want to drink from the bottle?” Hoseok rolled his eyes and poured the liquid into a shot glass for him.

“Anything to help me forget this night already,” Jungkook replied and took the shot.

“But tonight is great. What’s your deal?” Hoseok rose an eyebrow and glanced behind Jungkook at Yoongi and Junghoon who were talking with each other. “It’s not like they’re making out or anything. They’re just talking.”

“Sure, maybe for now, but Junghoon will probably charm him into his bed later on tonight.”

Hoseok could see how annoyed Jungkook was and poured him another glass. “You’re making it like Yoongi hyung can’t be friends with your brother.”

“It’s not that he can’t be friends with him… They can be friends. It’s just…”

“Just what?”

“I… I don’t know.” Jungkook sighed and took the shot. “I know I shouldn’t feel this way. I just can’t help it.”

Hoseok sighed and placed the soju bottle down. “I’m going to tell you something that I know Taehyung told you: Stop wasting time and ask him out.”

“Yeah, but—”

“No. No buts. You need to ask him out. He won’t wait forever. I’m surprised he even waited this long for your dumb .”

Jungkook sighed and reached for the soju bottle but Junghoon pulled him up to his feet with a grin. “Come, Jungkook. Let’s sing.”

“What? No.”

“Come on. It’s been years since we last sang together,” said Junghoon as he pulled Jungkook to the front. He took the mics from Jimin and Taehyung and passed one over to Jungkook. “Just one and then you can go back to drinking the night away.”

Jungkook bit his lip as Hoseok and Yoongi started cheering for them loudly. “Fine… Just one…”

“I have the perfect song to pick for you.” Junghoon grinned as he scrolled through the list coming upon Bigbang’s Loser. He picked it and turned a mischievous grin toward Jungkook who rolled his eyes.

“You .”

Junghoon grinned as he started singing. Yoongi chuckled and moved next to Hoseok. “How much you want to bet Jungkook won’t ask me out tonight?”

Hoseok snorted. “I don’t need to bet. I know he won’t. Why are you still waiting for him anyway?”

Yoongi looked up at Jungkook sing and smiled softly. “I wish I knew.”

Hoseok sighed and put his arm around Yoongi’s shoulders. “I can’t take it anymore. I just want him to stop being dumb and ask you out already.”

Yoongi chuckled and leaned into Hoseok’s side comfortably. “It’s fine. He doesn’t have to do it right now. But I hope he does soon.”

By the middle of the night, Namjoon and Seokjin left. Taehyung, Yoongi, and Junghoon were really the only ones sober and were watching Jimin, Jungkook, and Hoseok take turns drunkenly sing. Taehyung watched Hoseok fondly and grinned. “He’s so cute when he’s drunk…”

Yoongi chuckled and hooked his arm with Taehyung’s. “So what? The plans still on tonight?”

Taehyung blushed and nodded. “Yeah.”

“What plans?” Junghoon asked as he scooted over on the couch and leaned in. “I wanna gossip too~”

Yoongi laughed. “The reason I asked to stay over tonight is because Taehyung here wants to consummate his relationship with Hoseok.”

“Ah, congratulations in advance,” said Junghoon with a wink.

Taehyung blushed and hid his face in his hands. “Oh my god. Not all of you need to know that I’m going to lose my ity tonight…”

Junghoon moved closer to lean to Taehyung’s ear and whispered. “Make sure you move your hips with his s. It’ll be sure to drive him crazy.”

Taehyung flushed a bright red. “W-What makes you think I’m going to bottom?”

“I just know.”

When Jimin finished his song, he walked over and chugged the rest of his drink down. He turned and made his way for the bathroom. After relieving himself, he hummed softly as he washed his hands and splashed some water on his face.

“Ah, I drank a little too much…” he said softly. He turned and noticed Junghoon walking in. Jimin bowed his head and moved to walk past but Junghoon caught his arm. They made eye contact for a moment and in the next second were caught in a heated kiss while they both clumsily got into a stall and locked the door.

Yoongi let out a small chuckle when Jungkook sat next to him and passed out against his shoulder. “Gee, Jimin and Junghoon are sure taking a while in the bathroom, aren’t they?”

Taehyung snorted. “They’re probably hooking up. Who cares?”

Yoongi rose an eyebrow. “You don’t have a problem with it? I thought you were against Jimin’s habit.”

“Yeah, well, it’s his life. I shouldn’t control it…”

“Mm, that’s true.” Yoongi glanced at Jungkook who was now asleep in his lap and played with his hair a little. “Let’s have a bet. Junghoon and Jimin are going to be dating before Euphoria’s debut.”

Taehyung laughed. “I hope so. Junghoon’s a good guy. Jimin could use a guy like him.”

Yoongi smiled. “Yeah.” He looked down at Jungkook in his lap and hummed softly. He gently ran a finger along Jungkook’s cheek and smiled when Jungkook leaned against his hand.

Taehyung grinned seeing this and leaned against Yoongi’s shoulder. “I hope he realizes what a great guy you are and asks you out soon.”

Yoongi shrugged. “I haven’t told anyone this, but… I might be leaving Seoul soon and move back to Daegu. After Euphoria debuts, of course.”

“Wait, what? Why?”

Yoongi shrugged. “I’ll still be working for the company, just… Not from Seoul. I’ll visit once in a while, of course, but soon you and Hoseok will want to move in together. I can see things getting more serious between Namjoon and Seokjin hyung. And when that happens, I don’t really have any connections here. Plus, if Jungkook doesn’t take action and ask me out, it’ll be easier for me to move on when I live away from Seoul.”

Taehyung frowned but said nothing and quietly hugged Yoongi’s waist. Yoongi smiled and leaned his head against Taehyung’s. “Don’t worry. We can video call every day.”

“I guess… But… You confide in Hoseok hyung a lot. If you move away…”

“It’s fine. It’s like I said, we can video call.”

Taehyung let out a breath. “But what if when you want Hoseok hyung’s cuddles?”

Yoongi laughed. “I’ll adopt a dog and name it Hoseok. It’s fine.”

Taehyung puffed up his cheeks. “And our breakfast conversations, we won’t have that anymore…”

“Like I said. We can video call.”

“But it’s not the same…” Taehyung pouted. Yoongi smiled and leaned against Taehyung.

“Don’t worry. If I’m lucky, it’ll only be a little while and I’ll come back with a handsome guy~”

Taehyung chuckled. “I hope so.”

 

Taehyung held a drunk Hoseok close as they walked into Hoseok and Yoongi’s shared apartment. He dragged him into his room and without turning on the light, laid him on the bed. Hoseok looked up at Taehyung and smiled, tugging him down on the bed next to him. Taehyung laughed and wrapped his arms around Hoseok tightly.

Hoseok hummed softly as his hand subconsciously rubbed Taehyung’s back as they cuddled. Taehyung glanced out the window at the moon and smiled. “We should cuddle in the dark more often.”

Hoseok chuckled. “We could do more in the dark, but maybe next time.”

“Like what, hyung?”

Hoseok smiled and shook his head. “Nothing, my love.”

Taehyung pouted. “Fine… I’m going to go use the bathroom, okay? I’ll be back.” He crawled out of the bed and picked up the bag he left in Hoseok’s room earlier. When he left the room, Hoseok sat up on the bed and removed his jacket first and then tugged off his belt. He laid back down on the bed and closed his eyes for a moment.

He kept his eyes closed when he heard Taehyung come back into the room. He felt the bed shift and then Taehyung’s weight climb over him. He smiled softly feeling Taehyung peck his cheek. He opened his eyes slowly as he spoke, “What took so lo—” His voice trailed off when he noticed Taehyung wearing a black maid dress. “W-What…”

Taehyung blushed as he sat back against Hoseok’s legs. “I hope you don’t mind that I borrowed it… It’s… It’s your birthday so I thought that maybe we could… you know…”

Hoseok smiled and sat up. He wrapped his arm around Taehyung’s waist and cupped his boyfriend’s cheek. “Are you sure? I don’t want to do anything you don’t want to.”

“To be honest, I’m not so sure myself, but I think we should finally, uh, consummate?”

Hoseok laughed. “Did Yoongi hyung put you up to this?”

“No… Well, kind of… He just made the plan that he would stay over at Jungkook and Junghoon’s place so we could do this… But I want to do this because I… I love you and… I want to prove that to you.”

“You… love me?”

“So much,” Taehyung said as he leaned his forehead against Hoseok’s. “Do you… love me too?”

Hoseok smiled and brushed his fingers gently over Taehyung’s cheek. “Of course I love you. I love you so much, it almost hurts.”

“Why haven’t you told me?”

“I didn’t want to scare you off. I… wanted to wait to make sure I wasn’t rushing into anything with you.”

Taehyung wrapped his arms around Hoseok’s shoulders and shook his head. “You couldn’t scare me off even if you tried.”

“So… you’ll let me do this? I…can make love to you?”

Taehyung nodded. “You can do anything you want to me. I’m all yours.”

 

Yoongi and Junghoon both let out a long sigh as they sat on the couch. They stared at Jungkook who was passed out on the floor for a long minute. “Wow, he really at drinking, huh?” Yoongi said as he stared at Jungkook.

“Definitely.”

“Why did he even drink so much?”

“Probably because we were talking friendly with each other.”

Yoongi rolled his eyes. “We really can’t be friends, huh?”

Junghoon shrugged. “Guess not. But will that stop me from having a good friend? No. I’m not going to cut our friendship because he’s too dumb to ask you out. That would be stupid.”

“Are you trying to make him jealous?”

“No. I’m trying to catch up on the two years of friendship that we lost,” said Junghoon as he put his arm around the back of the couch behind Yoongi. “Although, I wouldn’t say no to making him jealous.” He looked at Yoongi and smirked. “Wanna make out?”

Yoongi snorted. “You didn’t get enough from your little quickie with Jimin earlier tonight?”

“You know about that?”

“I’m not an idiot. You two were in the bathroom quite a while.”

Junghoon flushed a little and looked away. “Uh, thanks for inviting me to the dinner, by the way. It was a nice change of pace for once.”

“No problem. It was nice having you there. But I need to ask, I know you’re not really that interested in like dating me or anything, but, we barely even know each other. What do you feel toward me?”

“You know, it’s funny. I wonder the same thing.” Junghoon sat back against the couch. “But, I think what I feel for you only happened because Jungkook would come home every day from work and talk about you. About how cute you are and what he admired about you. And strangely how much of an addiction he has with your wrists. Listening to him talk about you in such a way, made me naturally curious and ultimately turn into some kind of feelings. But I don’t think it’s anything serious. Especially considering… I think I have feelings for someone else…”

“Yeah? How exciting~” Yoongi grinned. “Is it Jimin?”

Junghoon laughed and nudged Yoongi’s side. He looked over to Jungkook who was still passed out and tilted his head. “I’m sorry my brother is an idiot.”

Yoongi sighed and looked down at his hands which were folded in his lap. “Does he really like me? Or is it some kind of a sick joke?”

“What do you mean?”

“He’s not just purposely doing this to me, is he? He’s not trying to see how long he can lead me on as some kind of a joke, right?” Yoongi bit his bottom lip and quickly wiped the tears from his eyes before Junghoon could notice them. “Please, if you know anything…”

“No, it’s not a joke. He really does like you. It’s like I said, he’s just an idiot. He doesn’t know how to express his feelings.”

“Are you sure? Because it sure doesn’t seem that way…” Yoongi sighed. “I just hope that he knows I won’t wait forever…”

“Why? Do you have other options?” A sly smirk spread across Junghoon’s face. “Is it me?”

Yoongi laughed. “Don’t be so full of yourself… No, uh, once I finish your debut album, I’m planning on moving back to Daegu.”

Junghoon frowned. “Wait, really?”

“Everyone is moving on with their lives. It’s only me who’s stuck in the same spot I have been for about a year just waiting around for something that probably won’t happen. Why would I stay here if there’s nothing here for me?”

“I’ll talk to him, okay? I’m sure I can get through to him. Hopefully…”

“It’s fine. You don’t have to. My mind is made up already.”

Junghoon sighed. “But we just started to get close.”

“We can video chat every day. And I’ll visit. And then you can visit. It’s fine.”

“Yeah, I guess so… What if you date one of the Euphoria members?”

Yoongi laughed. “No, no. I’ll find someone in my own time.”

“Okay,” Junghoon said with a smile. “But I will talk to him, okay?”

“Sure. But it’s okay if it doesn’t work.”

“I hope it does.”