01;

euphoria

“Are you sure he said he was going to come?” Namjoon asked as he glanced at the time and then back up to the open door of the club where the security guard was waiting impatiently for them. “We have to go or they won’t let us in.”

    Yoongi let out a long sigh as he checked the text he sent to his coworker, Jungkook. “Yeah, let’s just go then.”

    He turned and followed Namjoon into the club and headed straight for the bar. He ordered his usual and sat down, gazing at his phone again. He should’ve known that Jungkook wasn’t going to come out with them. Every other time he’s asked, he turned down the invitation. It was annoying to Yoongi because all he wanted to do was get closer to Jungkook. The only time they can see each other is at work and it wasn’t enough. Yoongi has been crushing on Jungkook for a year and a half now and barely knows anything about him.

Yoongi opened the chat with Jungkook again and moved to text him again but stopped himself. He took a long sip of his drink and huffed out a breath. “Whatever,” he muttered and shoved his phone back into his pocket.

He chugged the rest of his drink and tapped the counter for another refill. As he waited for it, he looked over to where Namjoon was standing against a pillar talking to Seokjin and looking at him fondly.

‘No wonder he wanted to go out tonight,’ Yoongi thought to himself. His eyes slowly scanned the scattered crowds in the club when his eyes landed on someone coming toward him. Yoongi frowned. “Jungkook? Why didn’t you tell me you were here? And what the hell are you wearing?” He looked Jungkook up and down with an eyebrow raised. He wore a plain black shirt and a leather jacket over it. His pants seemed tighter than they usually were and rather than his usually neat hair, it was messy and unkempt. “You’ve never worn that to work before.”

Jungkook smiled and awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck. “I wear this all the time after work. And sorry, I left my phone at home. Is it just you?”

“No, Namjoon’s over there trying to get laid.”

Jungkook glanced over and chuckled seeing a blush spread across Seokjin’s cheeks at something Namjoon whispered to him. “He might get lucky this time.”

Yoongi rolled his eyes and took a swig of his drink. “We’ll see.”

Jungkook nodded to the bartender who passed him a drink without him having to say anything. This made Yoongi confused. Did Jungkook come to this club so often that the bartender knows him that well?

“I didn’t take you for a clubbing type of person. Aren’t you too busy playing your video games at home?”

Jungkook chuckled as he sipped on his drink. “You really don’t know that much about me, do you?”

Yoongi raised an eyebrow. “No. You don’t tell me .”

Yoongi didn’t see the smirk on the other’s face form before he downed his drink. “Want to dance?” Jungkook asked as he set his empty glass down and placed a gentle hand on Yoongi’s elbow.

“Oh, no. I don’t dance,” said Yoongi as he moved Jungkook’s hand from his elbow. “Plus, I have to finish my drink and—”

Jungkook took the cup from Yoongi’s hand and chugged it down for him. He set the glass down and pulled him along. “Come on.”

Yoongi scoffed softly as a smile grew on his face. This was a different side of Jungkook he didn’t know existed and he liked this side of him a lot. Yoongi quietly followed Jungkook to the dance floor and pressed closer to him to avoid bumping into anyone. Jungkook pulled him to an empty spot and placed firm hands on Yoongi’s waist as he swayed to the music. “Don’t be shy. Come on. Dance with me.”

Yoongi rolled his eyes and looked up at the other. Did Jungkook get taller? “You know, this is going to be the first and last time.”

Jungkook grinned and leaned by Yoongi’s ear. “Don’t be so sure. I could convince you again.”

Yoongi snorted and they both began to dance with each other to the music. They danced and drank and laughed with each other and with Namjoon and Seokjin nearly all night. As they were dancing again on the dance floor, Jungkook leaned by Yoongi’s ear and asked, “Do you want to get out of here?”

Yoongi glanced up at Namjoon and Seokjin who were still sitting at the booth talking. He didn’t have to worry about Namjoon. He was fine. He turned to Jungkook and nodded. “Yeah, let’s go.”

The ride over to Jungkook’s place in the taxi made Yoongi nervous. He didn’t know what was about to happen. He could feel his heart pounding as they neared the apartment building. Not only did he realize how nervous he was feeling, he finally realized just how drunk and tired he felt. He can usually hold his alcohol, but for some reason, not tonight. He looked over at Jungkook and noticed he didn’t seem the least bit drunk at all.

“You can hold your alcohol well, huh?” Yoongi said, his words a bit slurred.

Jungkook laughed softly. “Yeah, I like to think so. You seem like you can hold your alcohol, too.”

“Usually, I do better than tonight. I don’t know why I feel so drunk tonight.”

“Well, at least you’re better at it than my brother is. He likes to act like he’s fine while drinking when in reality he isn’t and then I have to carry him home. Sometimes I literally just make him crawl into the apartment. But that’s only when he wants to leave the apartment. He rarely ever leaves his room, you see.”

Yoongi chuckled. “Sounds tough.”

“Yeah, a bit.”

The taxi stopped in front of the apartment building and they climbed out. Yoongi stumbled as he got out but Jungkook was quick to catch him. He held him firmly against his chest and his arms wrapped tightly around Yoongi’s waist. “You okay?”

Yoongi nodded and for once he felt glad he had the Asian glow from all the alcohol he drank. He didn’t want Jungkook to know that he was blushing. “Yeah, I’m fine…”

He steadied himself on his feet and looked up at Jungkook. They locked eyes for a moment. This was when Yoongi finally noticed there was something a little different about Jungkook’s eyes. Jungkook usually had a cute sparkle in his doe eyes that Yoongi always found endearing and was his favorite part about the other, but he brushed it off tonight thinking it was only the lighting. Against his better judgment because the alcohol kicked in and put him into autopilot, Yooni leaned up and kissed Jungkook square on the lips and in the next moment, they were rushing into Jungkook’s room desperately attacking each other’s lips and trying to pull each other's clothes off on the bed.

Jungkook pulled off of the kiss and chuckled softly as Yoongi let out a soft whine in protest. “Give me a moment. I have to go check to make sure my brother is asleep.”

Yoongi pouted. “Okay.”

Jungkook laughed and pecked the other’s pout softly. “I’ll be right back.”

He climbed off of the bed and quietly made his way out of his room. He walked over to his brother’s room door and knocked softly. When he didn’t get a reply, he opened the door careful enough to not make a noise. He peeked inside and saw the lump of his brother on his bed. He closed the door and headed back to his room. He tilted his head seeing Yoongi unmoving on the bed.

He walked over to notice Yoongi was fast asleep. Jungkook laughed quietly and leaned over, placing a soft peck on Yoongi’s forehead.

 

The next morning, Yoongi was woken up by the sound of arguing and the sun shining in his face. He groaned and rubbed his forehead. “Ugh…” he grumbled as he slowly came to notice that he wasn’t in a place he was familiar with. And then he remembered he had come to Jungkook’s place with him after the club.

“I can’t believe you did this. You’re such an ,” a familiar voice sounded in an angry tone interrupting Yoongi’s thoughts.

“Oh, come on. It’s not like we did anything more than kissing. He fell asleep before anything else could happen,” another voice said.

Yoongi frowned and turned to see where the voices were coming from. His eyes widened when he saw what was before him. Two Jungkooks. One wearing the casual clothes he was used to seeing him in and neat hair and the other using the clothes he was wearing to the club last night except for the leather jacket. Yoongi recalled yanking it off of the other’s body in the heat of their kiss.

“Wha… What’s happening?” Yoongi couldn’t believe his eyes. He didn’t know if this was a dream or reality so he pinched himself secretly under the covers. When he didn’t wake from the dream of the two Jungkooks being in front of him, he felt a bit of panic rise within him.

“Yoongi hyung, I’m sorry about this… Um, come on. Let me take you home,” said the real Jungkook as he approached his confused hyung.

Yoongi was still stunned and couldn’t say anything as he was dragged from the room. He looked back to see the other Jungkook, or whoever he was, watching him. “J-Jungkook, why are there two of you?”

“I’ll… explain on the way…”

The first few minutes of the car ride was quiet for Yoongi to process what just happened and what he just saw.

“So, you’re the real Jungkook, right?”

Jungkook nodded. “Yeah. The other one… that’s, uh, my identical twin brother, Junghoon.”

“You have a twin brother?”

“Yeah…”

“So… the one last night was him? Not you?”

“Yeah… I’m so sorry about that. He does a lot of stupid things. I didn’t think that he would do it to you though… I’m sorry.”

Yoongi sat there stunned. He didn’t know what to say, but he knew he felt betrayed and hurt. “S-So...I k-kissed your brother? And… almost slept with him?”

If Yoongi looked at him, he would’ve seen the anger and jealousy on Jungkook’s face when he asked those questions. Jungkook didn’t know how to answer those questions, but his silence was all Yoongi needed as an answer. The rest of the car ride was quiet and awkward.

When they arrived at Yoongi’s apartment building, Jungkook apologized one more time but Yoongi ignored him and got out of the car. He paused making Jungkook think he was going to say something but continued on without a word. Yoongi went up to his apartment in silent anger and almost slammed the door closed but remembered that he had a roommate.

Hoseok has been his roommate since their university days. They both met at orientation the first day and then again at an apartment building when they both were looking for a place to stay. Because money was tight for both of them, they came to an agreement to live with each other until they both could afford their own places. But even after they both dropped out of university, they continued to be roommates.

Yoongi didn’t give a second thought to making his way to Hoseok’s room and climbed into the other’s bed. Hoseok, who had just started to wake up, looked at the other as Yoongi clung onto him and buried his face into his chest. Hoseok let out a long sigh and hugged Yoongi tightly. “Bad night?” he asked.

Yoongi looked up at him and pouted. “Yeah…”

“Tell me what happened,” said Hoseok as he brushed the hair from Yoongi’s face.

“Well… for starters, I’m hungover. I actually got pretty drunk last night.”

“You did? Should I make you some soup then?”

Yoongi nodded slightly. “That would be nice… But first, I have to tell you what happened. Uh, I was at the bar in the club and then… Jungkook walks up to me, or who I thought was Jungkook. It turns out he has an identical twin brother he didn’t tell me about.”

“An identical twin? Really? How much alike do they look?”

“They look exactly alike. Except… he didn’t have that cute thing in his eyes that Jungkook has that I like… But because I was drunk, I didn’t think anything of it and…”

“And?”

“And… I, uh, I went home with him and we kinda made out and almost… hooked up with each other,” Yoongi said as a huge pout formed on his lips.

Hoseok sighed softly and swiped a thumb over Yoongi’s pout. “You poor thing… Rest here for a little while I make you some soup, okay? But don’t forget to go shower before coming to eat, alright?”

Yoongi huffed and nuzzled into Hoseok’s chest. “No. Not yet…I need a little bit of love first.”

Hoseok let out a soft chuckle and gently rubbed Yoongi’s back. “Okay. I’ll stay here until you fall asleep and then I’ll go make you soup.”

Hoseok waited to make sure Yoongi actually fell asleep to get out of the bed and headed for the kitchen. As he was cooking, he heard the front door beep as it opened. “Hoseok hyung~” he heard the cheerful voice of his boyfriend, Taehyung and smiled.

“In here,” Hoseok called out to him.

Taehyung walked into the kitchen and grinned as he skipped over to Hoseok at the stove and gave him a kiss on the cheek. “Morning~”

“Morning, cutie~” Hoseok turned and pecked Taehyung’s cheek softly.

“Where’s Yoongi hyung?” Taehyung wondered as he peered around the apartment when he spotted Yoongi asleep in Hoseok’s room through the open door.

“He had a rough night. I told you already that he has a crush on Jungkook, right?”

Taehyung nodded.

“He went to the club last night and ended up almost having a one night stand with Jungkook’s identical twin brother,” Hoseok continued.

Taehyung blinked. “He didn’t know about Junghoon?”

Hoseok frowned and looked up at Taehyung. “You know?”

“Of course I know. He told me the first time I went to his place to play Overwatch. I met Junghoon and his friends that day. He’s actually really nice. If you want, I can tell you and Yoongi hyung all about him over breakfast.”

“That would be better. Especially for Yoongi.”

 

Yoongi groaned and crossed his arms. “I can’t believe that you knew and I didn’t. Why didn’t he just tell me? Is he embarrassed to have a twin brother or something?”

Taehyung shook his head. “On the contrary, Jungkook is actually really proud of his brother. Junghoon is famous, you see. Well… not Hallyu star famous, but he’s a part of this really popular busking group called Euphoria with three of his friends and they’re pretty famous on the internet,” he explained. “Junghoon is the most famous one though for his looks so he has the most followers and stuff. He’s so famous, he even has modeling contracts with a couple of big brands and everything.”

Yoongi frowned. “So, he doesn’t tell anyone about Junghoon, why? Because he’s famous?”

“He doesn’t want to be compared to his brother at all so he doesn’t mention it. Jungkook likes to be away from the public eye in case anyone mistakes him for Junghoon. In case you haven’t noticed in the last two years you worked with him, he’s really introverted and if anyone knows that he’s Junghoon’s twin brother…”

“He’ll be approached on the street,” Hoseok finished. “Or he could get mistaken for him.”

Yoongi huffed. “I see… So that’s why he refuses to come out with us when we ask him…”

Taehyung nodded and pulled out his phone. “You want to see Junghoon’s Instagram? He posted it yesterday. He uses Twitter too sometimes, but it’s only for updates about Euphoria.” He quickly scrolled his phone and pulled up the post and showed it to Yoongi and Hoseok.

 

 

Hoseok’s eyes widened. “Wah… look at those numbers. Not even I have that many likes on Instagram…”

Yoongi let out a long sigh. “That’s the outfit he wore to the club last night,” he mumbled to himself. The events of last night replayed in his head and started to regret everything that happened. He bit his bottom lip and stared into his half-empty bowl of soup. “I can’t believe he didn’t tell me…Why didn’t he feel like he could trust me with that secret? I mean, he is my friend, right? He… doesn’t hate me… right?”

“Don’t think like that, hyung,” Taehyung said as he gripped Yoongi’s hand to comfort him.

“Then why didn’t he tell me?”

“I… I don’t know, hyung. You’ll have to ask him…”

Hoseok glanced at the time on his phone. “Ah, I have to go. I have a class soon.” He stands up from his chair and goes over to Taehyung, giving him a quick kiss. “Since it’s the both of your day off, Taehyung, can you keep him company?”

Taehyung nodded. “Of course~”

They shared another short kiss to which Yoongi feigned jealousy. “You’re not even going to give your husband a kiss goodbye? How could you do this to me, my wife?”

Taehyung laughed as Hoseok rolled his eyes. He walked over to Yoongi and gave him a kiss on the top of his head.

“Goodbye, husband,” he said playfully.

Yoongi smiled, obviously satisfied. “Goodbye, wife~”

Hoseok shook his head and said goodbye to Taehyung one more time and left the apartment. “So, explain to me that inside joke, hyung,” Taehyung said. “Why do you guys call each other husband and wife?”

“Oh, it’s just because we’ve been roommates for forever. It started off as a stupid joke between me, him, and Namjoon back in university and it just stuck.” Yoongi tapped his chin as he recalled. “But you really don’t have anything to worry about. It’s just a joke.”

“Oh, I know. Hoseok hyung told me how close you guys are and the failed relationship you two had in university.”

“He did?”

“Yeah, he told me how awkward it was. It was a very funny story~”

Yoongi flushed a soft pink. “How much did he tell you?”

Taehyung smiled. “Everything.”

“E-Everything as in?”

“Just… everything.” A wide grin spread across Taehyung’s face. “Kitten~

Yoongi flushed a deep red and looked off to the side. “I can’t believe he told you…”

Taehyung laughed. “It’s a very cute nickname, hyung~ Would you let Jungkook call you that when you two get together?”

“Never.” Yoongi puffed up his cheeks and crossed his arms over his chest. “A-Anyway,” he said quickly wanting to change the subject, “Hoseok never told me too much about how you two got together. All he told me was that you two met at one of his dance classes and then went on dates. You two have been together for what, like three months now and I don’t even know anything about your love story.”

Taehyung grinned thinking to the past and a soft blush spread over his cheeks. “Well, it started when Jimin wanted to take one of his classes. He had been wanting to take one of Hoseok hyung’s classes for forever and it was hard because his classes almost never have openings. When he found out there were openings, he signed the both of us up. I didn’t have any intention on actually learning anything. I had just planned to sit to the side and watch, but the moment I saw Hoseok hyung, I knew I had to impress him.

“After that day, I went to several of his classes with and without Jimin. And then one day, after a class, I had built up enough courage to ask him to hang out. We went on quite a bit of dates together before Hoseok hyung made the first move. He took me to Namsan tower and as we were looking out at the city, he confessed. It was really cute.”

Yoongi had a wide smile on his face the whole time listening to the story and clutched his chest. “I’m glad someone’s love life isn’t as ty as mine. I can’t even tell my crush I like him and now that I made out with and almost slept with his brother, I definitely can’t tell him now. How awkward.”

“In your defense, Jungkook’s the idiot who didn’t tell you that he had a twin brother. You didn’t know any better,” said Taehyung.

Yoongi let out a long sigh. “Yeah, I guess… But I still should’ve known. He didn’t have that cute thing in his eyes that Jungkook has… and he was taller… Also, a little more handsome, but that’s probably because he was wearing a leather jacket…”

Taehyung laughed. “You have a thing for leather jackets?”

“The guy I was with the night I lost my ity was wearing a leather jacket. I just can’t help it, I guess.”

Taehyung snorted. “Oh my god, hyung.”

“I know a foolproof way for you to finally get laid with Hoseok if you want to know.”

Taehyung blushed and shook his head. “Ah… no, not yet. I… I want to mentally prepare myself for it first.”

Yoongi shrugged and finished the rest of his soup when a text came through on his phone from an unknown number. He looked at the text and frowned. “Uh, Tae, I just got a text from Junghoon…”

“Eh? You did?” Taehyung moved by Yoongi and peered at the text to read it.

The text read: ‘Hey, it’s Junghoon. Sorry about last night. I shouldn’t have taken advantage of you like that and told you upfront who I was. I should have known better than to go after my brother’s crush but I couldn’t help myself. Seeing you across the club, I finally saw what he sees in you and went against my better judgment. I want to meet up with you to apologize in person if that’s okay with you.’

“I… I’m Jungkook’s crush?” Yoongi’s eyes widened as he read that part in the text over and over. Was he dreaming? Was this a prank? Was this real? “I… I have to ask Jungkook. I need to—”

“No, you shouldn’t,” said Taehyung. “I don’t think you should respond to Junghoon either.”

“But… if I’m Jungkook’s crush…” Yoongi let out a sigh realizing how ridiculous he felt assuming it from a confession text and wasn’t from Jungkook himself. “I should at least meet up with Junghoon. I want to hear what he has to say.”

Taehyung pursed his lips and nodded. “Okay. I’ll go with you just in case. Tell him you want to meet him at the cafe just down the street from here.”

“Are you sure we should meet up in public? If he’s as famous as you say he is, shouldn’t we meet him in private? Wouldn’t it start scandals if we are photographed in public together?”

“Well, you’ll be with me. People will probably just think he’s meeting with friends. Besides, it would probably start good rumors for him meeting up with you~ You’re a famous producer~”

Yoongi rolled his eyes. “Oh, come on. It’s not like he’s going to join my company. We’re not that kind of company. We just make music scores for video games.”

“You’ve never seen how often people talk about you on Twitter because of the songs you release on Soundcloud, have you?” Taehyung tilted his head. “Hyung, have you ever thought about how many followers you would have on Instagram if your account wasn’t private?”

“I don’t care about the numbers, Tae.”

“Of course not, but you’re famous and you don’t even know it.”

Yoongi let out a long sigh. “Look, all I want to do is talk to him about what happened.”

“Then let's meet him at the cafe and get it over with.”