10;

euphoria

“Hey, hyung,” Namjoon said as he looked over at Yoongi who was working on a melody for a song. “I don’t mean to pry or anything but you’ve been back for a little over two weeks now…” 

Yoongi glanced at Namjoon and raised an eyebrow. “And?” 

“Well, uh, you see, Jungkook contacted me last night for the first time in forever. It was surprising. He was just rambling some drunk nonsense, I couldn’t quite understand him but I think he said something about you. You didn’t talk to him yet, have you?” 

“No, I haven’t gotten around to it yet.” 

“Okay… Well, it doesn’t seem like he knows about you and Junghoon yet.” 

“It might be better that way,” said Yoongi as he turned his attention back to the computer in front of him.

“Hyung, you don’t hate him, do you? You will talk to him, won’t you?” 

“Of course. I’m just busy right now. I can’t think about that right now. So, can we stop talking about this? Hyung said he wanted a few melodies done by today.” 

Namjoon gave Yoongi a long stare before sighing heavily. “Sure…” He turned back to his own computer and shook his head slightly.

 

Near the end of the day. Euphoria came back to the company after a long day of schedules. The first thing Junghoon did when he arrived was go looking for Yoongi. He went to the studio and popped his head in and frowned seeing Yoongi nowhere in sight. “Yoongi hyung?” he asked Namjoon.

“He said he was going up to the roof.” 

“The roof?” Junghoon rose an eyebrow, thanked Namjoon and went up to the roof. He slowly approached Yoongi who was standing by the railing looking out at the city. Junghoon walked up behind him and hugged him. “You okay?” 

Yoongi smiled and leaned back against him comfortably. “Yeah. Just needed some fresh air…” He exhaled slowly and closed his eyes. “I didn’t know it would be so hard for me to be back…” 

“What do you mean by that?” 

“I just thought that being back here would be like it was before but… with that Jungkook’s going through, everyone is expecting me to fix it. But what if I can’t fix it? What if he doesn’t even want to be fixed? And why am I the only one who has to do it?” 

“We’ve all tried to get through to him but he’s not letting anyone in. Jimin hyung, maybe, but it’s not enough. Jimin hyung said he’s tried but Jungkook refuses to listen. He doesn’t pick up anyone’s calls. Not even Tae hyung’s calls. Can you believe that? They’re best friends and he doesn’t answer.” Junghoon sighed softly. “We just hope that he’ll listen to you. That maybe you can get through to him.” 

Yoongi bit his lip and looked down. “I don’t think I can do it… I won’t be able to look him in the eye and talk to him like you guys want me to…” 

Junghoon sighed and buried his face against Yoongi’s neck. He said nothing and just pulled Yoongi closer to his chest. 

“Let’s go home,” Yoongi said and they both went home together. 

At the end of the night, they were in each other’s arms on their shared bed. They were sharing a slow kiss when the doorbell started rapidly ringing. Yoongi flinched as Junghoon checked the time. His eyes widened and he quickly climbed out of bed and pulled on a shirt. 

“You better stay in the room,” he said as he turned back to Yoongi.

“Why?” 

“I think it’s Jungkook…” 

Yoongi nodded slowly. “Oh. Okay… I’ll stay here…” 

Junghoon quickly left the room and Yoongi tried to listen closely. He flinched hearing them argue and bit his lip. Suddenly, he heard the sound of something falling to the floor and Junghoon’s swearing. Yoongi quickly got off of the bed and peeked out to see Junghoon setting a drunk, passed out Jungkook onto the couch. Junghoon picked up the lamp off of the floor as well and set it back into its place. 

He turned to see Yoongi watching him with a worried look on his face. “Before you ask… yes, he does this often…” He pulled the blanket that was draped over the couch to cover Jungkook and walked back to the room. 

“Will he be okay in the morning?” Yoongi asked. 

Junghoon looked back at Jungkook and shook his head. “No, but don’t worry about it. I’ll take care of him. You only have to worry about work.”

“But you have schedule in the morning.”

“It’s just dance practice. Plus, I’ll text Hoseok hyung in the morning to let him know. It’ll be fine.” He grabbed Yoongi’s hand and tugged him gently. “Come to bed.” 

Yoongi glanced at Jungkook and nodded slightly. “Okay…” 

 

The next morning, Yoongi and Junghoon finished their breakfast but Yoongi could barely eat because he was too worried about Jungkook. “It’s seriously that bad, huh?”

Junghoon glanced at Jungkook who was still passed out and nodded. “Yeah. It’s bad.” 

Yoongi sighed and walked over to Jungkook to check on him. “Why doesn’t he just get help…?” 

“We’ve tried to tell him but he doesn’t think it’s a problem…” 

Yoongi rolled his eyes. “Seriously…?” 

“Sadly…” 

Jungkook groaned softly as he stirred awake. “Ugh, my head is killing me,” he grumbled. He sat up slowly and looked over at Yoongi. He blinked a few times before snickering. “Holy , I must be hungover. Junghoon, you look like Yoongi hyung right now…” 

Yoongi bit his lip and looked over at Junghoon who swore under his breath. 

“But I know it’s you, Junghoon. You can’t fool me,” he said as he reached out to Yoongi and touched his cheek. “Yoongi hyung never comes to visit me.” 

Yoongi sighed. “Jungkook...it’s me. I’m here.” 

Jungkook blinked and stared at Yoongi for a long time. “What? No, you’re not.” 

“It’s true, Jungkook. He’s here,” Junghoon said finally catching Jungkook’s attention. Jungkook frowned and looked between Junghoon and Yoongi and gripped gently on Yoongi’s shoulder. 

“Am I dreaming…?” 

“No, you’re not.” 

“Oh my god, hyung…” He said as he pulled Yoongi into a tight hug.

“Oh, ew, you stink…” Yoongi pushed Jungkook off of him quickly and pinched his nose. 

“Hyung, it’s been so long~ You finally came to visit me on my vacation,” Jungkook said with a wide grin. “What took so long?” 

“Jungkook, what month do you think it is?” 

Jungkook raised an eyebrow. “What kind of question is that? Junghoon debuts next month.” 

Yoongi frowned and looked down. “No… Jungkook, Euphoria debuted almost two months ago…” 

Jungkook frowned. “What? No, they debut next month.” 

“Jungkook,” Yoongi said and reached forward for Jungkook’s hand. “What’s going on with you?” 

“Nothing’s going on. Everything is fantastic. And it’s even better now that you’ve come to visit~” Jungkook grinned and grasped both of Yoongi’s hands. “Hyung, listen. There’s something I have to ask you.” 

“Jungkook, you can’t… Not now. Not while you’re hungover…” 

“No, no. I should’ve asked you sooner.” 

“Jungkook, stop.” 

“No, I have to ask you before it’s too late.” 

“Jungkook, listen to me!” Yoongi yelled making Jungkook flinch. “It’s already too late, Jungkook. You’re two months too late. Euphoria debuted almost two months ago. And…I’m seeing Junghoon now.” 

Jungkook blinked. “What?”

“I’m dating Junghoon.” 

Jungkook looked between Yoongi and Junghoon. “Wait, what? You two are dating? You’re...dating him?”

“Yeah, I’m dating him.” As those words left Yoongi’s mouth, Jungkook’s expression changed dark. 

“You’ve got to be ing kidding me. This is a joke, right?”

“No, it’s not a joke.” 

Jungkook poked his tongue against his cheek in annoyance as he frowned. “Why? Why, out of all the ing people, did you choose him? You could’ve chosen anyone else but him.” 

“Why not him? He wasn’t a damn coward and asked me out when he had the chance. Unlike you. You couldn’t even bother being sober to finally ing ask me and you have the nerve to be telling me this?” 

“Couldn’t you have waited?”

“I waited,” Yoongi shouted. “I waited for two ing years for you to ask me out and nothing. You have the audacity to tell me that I should’ve waited? And we even confessed to each other. Everyone told you to take your shot and you didn’t which made me feel like a fool for waiting for you.” 

“Well...you could’ve asked me too…” 

“Yeah, I could’ve asked you. But do you want to know why I didn’t?” 

“Tell me.” 

“For two whole years, I’ve been asking you to hang out with me and Namjoon to get to know you better. And what was the answer you gave me? ‘No. Maybe next time.’ For two years, you have been rejecting me. After we confessed to each other, I thought it would’ve gotten easier. Every day I thought, maybe today is the day he’ll ask me, but that never happened.” Yoongi cleared his throat to try to keep from crying. “As if I didn’t have enough insecurities and anxiety already, your decision not to take your shot made it worse. I started to think that I wasn’t good enough, that maybe you realized I wasn’t your type. I thought that you were just toying with me and didn’t actually want me the way I wanted you. Or that this was all a game to you and you were dragging me along as some kind of a sick joke…” 

“N-No, hyung, it wasn’t like that…” 

“No? Well, it sure as hell felt like it.” Yoongi looked down. “Everyone told you that I wasn’t going to wait around for you forever, so I didn’t. I left Seoul, though you probably don’t really know about that since you think it’s before Euphoria’s debut… But, uh… I left because it was the only way I felt I could move on. But, you know the messed up part?” 

“What…?”

“It was too easy for me to move on… And then Junghoon came for me. I’m not going to lie, a small part of me kind of hoped it was you instead. But, Junghoon has made me happier than I ever have been in the last couple of months.” 

Jungkook let out a breath as he looked down at his feet. “I...I’m sorry. I didn’t know… I just… I wasn’t ready and I thought I had more time…” 

“Well, sorry, but you didn’t…” Yoongi reached a hand over and squeezed Jungkook’s shoulder. “Jungkook, everyone is worried about you. You have to realize that you have a problem and get some help. This drinking thing… It has to stop… I need my best friend back. And so does everyone else.” 

Jungkook nodded slightly and grabbed Yoongi’s wrist gently. “Hyung...if I get help and… if you and Junghoon break up, will...will you give me a chance? I… I promise I won’t be a coward anymore.” 

Yoongi sighed softly. “I don’t know, Jungkook. Maybe. But don’t keep your hopes up. I don’t know if I will.” 

“A maybe is enough for me. I’ll get help, hyung. For you.” 

Yoongi nodded and pulled his hand away and walked out of the apartment without another word. Jungkook let out a long sigh and then shot a glare at Junghoon. “What the , man?”

“We told you to ask him. The time it took for me and Yoongi hyung to get closer as friends should’ve been enough time for you to ask him. But you didn’t so you lucked out. You really don’t deserve him,” said Junghoon. 

“Well, what the hell am I supposed to do now?” 

“Go get help. You promised him, didn’t you?”

Jungkook rubbed his forehead and groaned. “I know… Um, can you help get me back to Busan? It’s probably better for me to get out of the city. It might be hard for me knowing you and Yoongi hyung are together. I might break out and come and kill you or something.” 

Junghoon snorted at the last statement. “Whatever… I’ll tell mom and dad to pick you up from the station and you better tell them what’s going on… When do you want to leave? I’ll buy your ticket.” 

“Tonight, if possible. Tomorrow the latest.” 

Junghoon nodded. “Okay. I’m glad you’re getting help. I’m sure the others will be glad too.”