07;

euphoria

The next morning, Jungkook woke up to find himself laying on the floor. He groaned and rubbed his forehead and groggily sat up, bracing himself against the coffee table. He looked up to find Junghoon and Yoongi sleeping next to each other. Yoongi’s head was rested against Junghoon’s shoulder and Junghoon’s arm was wrapped around Yoongi’s shoulders. Jungkook scoffed softly and stood up slowly. He glanced at them one last time finally noticing Yoongi was snuggled up against Junghoon’s side with his arm rested at around the other’s waist. He rolled his eyes and headed for his room and slammed the door which scared Yoongi and Junghoon awake.

Yoongi flinched noticing himself cuddling against Junghoon and sat up quickly. He checked the time and stood up. “I better get going.”

“I’ll drive you,” said Junghoon as he stood up.

“No, you don’t have to. I’ll take a taxi.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah, it’s fine. Besides, don’t you need to have a little chat with Jungkook?”

Junghoon glanced up at Jungkook’s room door and sighed. “Right… I’ll, uh, text you later then. And maybe we can hang out later after work, or something.”

Yoongi smiled and gathered up his things. “Sure, I’d like that. And then you can tell me all about your crush on the lucky person you have a crush on.”

Junghoon laughed. “For sure.”

“Bye. I’ll see you at work.”

“Yeah, see you.”

 

Hoseok woke up slowly that morning. He blinked the sleep from his eyes and looked at the empty space on the bed next to him where Taehyung should have been. “Tae?” he called out.

“In the kitchen~” he heard a reply. He stood up off the bed and pulled on clothes and made his way to the kitchen. He smiled seeing Taehyung at the stove cooking breakfast. He walked over to him and hugged him from behind.

“Morning,” Hoseok said and pecked his boyfriend’s cheek.

“Good morning~”

“How are you feeling?” asked Hoseok as he gently rubbed Taehyung’s lower back.

“I feel great. Breakfast?” Taehyung asked and picked up a plate he already had made.

“I was hoping I could have you for breakfast,” Hoseok teased as he nipped softly on Taehyung’s neck.

Taehyung giggled softly and quickly put the plate down before he dropped it. He turned off the stove and spun around to wrap his arms around Hoseok’s neck. Hoseok smiled and leaned in for a kiss. They both shared a long, passionate kiss that almost made Taehyung weak in the knees. They were both so immersed in their kiss that they didn’t notice Yoongi walk in.

Yoongi’s eye twitched watching the two of them before he made a comment. “You know, I would like to eat a breakfast that doesn’t have any nasty human bodily fluid in it, thanks.”

Hoseok and Taehyung quickly pulled apart from each other and both were flushed a bright pink in embarrassment. Yoongi snorted and sat down at the table. Hoseok and Taehyung brought the breakfast to the table.

“So, uh, how was it last night?” Taehyung asked.

Yoongi picked up a fork to eat his breakfast and looked up at Taehyung. “I should be asking you that.”

“I can’t believe you two conspired with each other so he could lose his ity,” said Hoseok as he ate.

Yoongi shrugged. “It’s not like I wanted to be here when it happened. Then at least you two could be as loud as you wanted while I wasn’t here.”

Taehyung flushed and shoved food in his mouth. Hoseok laughed. “Surprisingly, he was quiet. But a cute quiet. Unlike you.”

“Shut up.” Yoongi glared across the table at Hoseok who grinned innocently. They all finished their breakfast and each helped to do the dishes.

Hoseok checked the time. “Ah, I have to go. A couple of the Euphoria members really need the extra training. I’ll see you later, okay?”

Taehyung smiled. “Okay.”

Hoseok cupped his cheek gently and connected their lips together softly. Yoongi stood awkwardly as they kissed a long time.

“Oh god. Is this what I’m going to have to deal with now?”

Hoseok pulled back on the kiss and laughed. “Don’t worry. You’ll find someone to be gross with soon.”

Yoongi rolled his eyes. “I doubt that.”

Hoseok smiled and kissed Taehyung softly again before leaving. Taehyung followed Yoongi to his room and stood at the door as his hyung pulled clothes out of his closet.

“So, he didn’t ask you then?”

“No, but I’m really starting to not care anymore. At this point, it’s a lost cause. He’s never going to ask.”

Taehyung sighed. “He’s such an idiot.”

“Strangely enough, I think I might be crushing on his brother now. But I think it’s just a phase. It’ll go away. He told me he likes someone else.”

“He’s probably just saying that. He definitely wants you,” Taehyung said with a grin.

Yoongi laughed. “Strangely enough, I’m not against the idea. But if he doesn’t do anything about it before I leave for Daegu, it won’t matter.”

Taehyung frowned. “Why do you have to leave? You don’t have to…”

“It’s my thing. Don’t be sad, okay?” Yoongi placed a hand on Taehyung’s shoulder. “I’ll visit a lot. We’ll talk whenever you want.”

Taehyung pursed his lips together. “Fine… Since nothing I say will convince you otherwise.”

“I’m going to go shower, okay? And then we can walk to your work.”

“Sure.”

Yoongi took his clothes and headed for the bathroom. Taehyung sighed and dropped himself onto the couch. He pulled out his phone and scrolled through Instagram quietly until he came across a picture on his feed. It was a picture of last night when Yoongi and Junghoon were dragging a very drunk Jungkook out of the noraebang and into a taxi. He searched quickly online if there were more pictures and found more than just pictures from last night. There were also pictures of them at the club dancing close to each other and drinking with each other. It also included a few pictures of Yoongi and Junghoon kissing.

“Oh, ,” said Taehyung. He quickly stood up off of the couch and ran over to the bathroom and pounded. “Hyung! Hyung, you need to see this!”

A very confused Yoongi opened the door. He had finished showering and was only in a towel wrapped around his waist. “What?”

Taehyung turned his phone to his hyung to show him. “Someone released a ton of photos of Junghoon last night. There’s pictures from when you met him.”

Yoongi frowned as he looked at the photos. He scrolled and scrolled and his eyes grew wider as the photos went on. “Oh, ,” he swore. He kept scrolling and paused on a group of pictures. “Tae, did Jimin tell you who he hooked up with that time you two got in a fight?”

“No, why?”

Yoongi showed the group of photos from the club that night of Junghoon and Jimin in a close embrace with each other and then both of them leaving the club together holding hands and then a photo of them entering the hotel together. Taehyung groaned. “Oh my god…”

“I…uh, sorry, I can’t walk you to work today,” Yoongi said as he quickly tugged on his clothes. “I need to go.”

“No… It’s okay…”

Yoongi grabbed his things and rushed out the door. He called for a taxi and called Junghoon, but he didn’t answer. Yoongi swore under his breath and shoved his phone into his pocket. When he arrived at the company, he rushed inside and bumped into Jungkook, Junghoon, and the other Euphoria members.

“Did you see the pictures?” Yoongi asked.

“Everyone’s seen it,” Daniel said worriedly. “Our manager included…”

Kiha walked off of the elevator and stomped up to them angrily. Everyone stood quietly by as the manager yelled at Junghoon about being careful. Yoongi flinched as the manager shot a glare toward him. “You and him both need to come with me and talk to the CEO.”

“I’m coming too,” said Jungkook as he gripped onto Yoongi’s hand to comfort him.

“Whatever. Hurry and come on. We need to get this fixed or Euphoria won’t be able to debut.”

They all headed up to the CEO’s office where Seokjin was with his dad. “We need to release an official statement about this and fast. If we don’t act now, our investors will pull out and we won’t have the money to afford Euphoria anymore.”

The CEO glanced at his computer where the pictures were already pulled up. He looked up at Junghoon who had his head bowed apologetically. “What do you want to do about this? This involves you, Junghoon. These pictures have brought up old rumors about you being gay and the old scandal with the late Euphoria member.”

Junghoon bit his bottom lip and looked down. “I… I’m not sorry about those pictures. We can’t lie to people. It’s right there…”

“Sir, if we don’t release an official statement denying—”

“No! I don’t want to deny anything. It happened. It’s out there already. I… I have to be honest… But… this… this isn’t how I wanted it to happen…” Junghoon turned to look at Jungkook. “The one thing I envied the most about you, Kookie, is how easy it was for you to be honest and open you were about what you liked. You were able to tell mom and dad about your uality so easily, but I couldn’t. I… wanted everyone to know in my own time but that’s not going to happen anymore now that this stuff is out. W-What do I do?”

Jungkook’s eyes widened when he saw tears welling up in his brother’s eyes. Immediately, he pulled his brother into a tight hug. “It’s time for you to be honest with yourself… and honest with your fans. Coming out is never easy but trust me, you’ll feel a lot better. Then you can finally be more yourself than you have ever been. You can be your true self to everyone and even to yourself.”

“Junghoon, you shouldn’t do this. You could lose your modeling contracts. The company could lose the investors for Euphoria,” Kiha said.

The CEO raised his hand to stop Kiha from talking further. “This is Junghoon’s personal matter. If he feels it’s right, he should do what he wants.”

“But, sir, the investors—”

“We’ll find more investors. He’ll get other modeling contracts.”

“I get that, but…”

“I only want what’s best for my artists and my future artists. If they’re unhappy, I’m unhappy.” The CEO looked up at Seokjin. “I didn’t always have that thought until my own son came out to me. I saw how relieved he looked when he told me and then I realized how much happier he was to be his true self in front of me.” He looked over at Junghoon. “It’s your life and your personal business. I’ll make an official statement about it after you address it yourself. But only if you want to.”

Junghoon bit his lip and nods. “I will… I think it’s time I be honest with myself and the fans…”

“Ah, first, tell mom and dad,” Jungkook said.

“Oh, yeah, of course. Mom and dad first.” Junghoon smiled.


Yoongi, Jungkook, and Namjoon sat in the studio watching Junghoon recording his part. Jungkook turned to look at the other Euphoria members sitting on the couch behind him. “I never thought I’d see the day when Junghoon came out. I’m really proud of him for finally doing it.”

Daniel smiled and nodded. “Yeah, I can already see a difference in him. He seems happier.”

“It’s about time though,” Minsun said. “I’ve been trying to get him to do it for a while already.”

“You have to let people come out in their own time,” said Hyunwoo. “But I’m happy for him. Even though it did take forever.”

Jungkook chuckled and looked at Yoongi who stopped Junghoon’s singing.

“You’re doing great but you have to sing with more emotion,” said Yoongi. “People need to feel your emotion. They need to be convinced that you’ve actually been in love. Think about a time when you fell in love with someone.”

Junghoon bit his lip and looked at Jungkook and then back at Yoongi. “I’ll try.”

Yoongi nodded and resumed the recording. Jungkook let out a long sigh and excused himself to go to the bathroom. On his way to the bathroom, he bumped into Jimin who just walked out.

“Oh, hey,” said Jimin. “How’s recording going?”

“Great, I guess.”

“I saw his post. That was really brave of him.”

“Yeah, he needed a little encouragement but he came through. I’m happy for him.”

“Do you think I can sit in while you guys are recording one day? I get really bored while waiting in the practice room with Hoseok hyung.”

“You’ll have to ask Yoongi hyung but I’m sure it’ll be fine.”

Right at that moment, Junghoon walked over and greeted Jimin who smiled. “I saw your post,” said Jimin. “You must feel so relieved.”

“Yeah, I do. I can finally be myself to everyone,” Junghoon replied with a grin.

“Okay, well, I better go. Hoseok hyung must be wondering what’s taking so long,” Jimin said and waved to them before walking away.

Jungkook turned and walked into the bathroom with Junghoon following him. “So, what? You gonna it up and finally ask Yoongi hyung out?”

Jungkook let out a long sigh and shrugged. “I want to but I’m scared he’ll reject me…”

Junghoon rolled his eyes. “Bro, seriously? He’s liked you for a long time and you think he’ll reject you? You really are an idiot.”

“Well, sure, but don’t you like him too?”

Junghoon stared at Jungkook in the mirror and scoffed. “You would really step aside from asking out someone you’ve liked for forever just because someone else likes them? If you will, you don’t deserve him.”