04;

euphoria

Jungkook had nagged to Junghoon the whole way back to their apartment, the whole time they were there and about halfway on the way to work. When he realized Junghoon wasn’t really paying that much attention to what he was saying, Jungkook decided to stop and followed along with his brother in silent anger.

Junghoon peered at his twin curiously. “Are you sure you want to be walking with me like this?”

“What? I can’t walk with my brother to work?” Jungkook asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Oh, no. It’s not that. It’s just that you’re not wearing a mask or your hat.”

“And?”

“You’re walking with me in public, Jungkook. Are you not worried?”

Jungkook paused and quickly looked around. “I… I’m sure it’s fine. No one sees us.”

Junghoon glanced around and noticed a couple of fans that he always saw at their busking events whispering to each other and taking pictures of them. “Sure. No one sees us,” he said and threw his arm around Jungkook’s shoulders. “But let’s not waste time. We have songs to work on, yes?”

Jungkook nodded and they headed off together to the company building. As they headed inside, Jungkook suddenly felt a wave of panic wash over him.

“Be honest. Someone saw us right?”

“Uh, yeah. A few fans who always come to our busking events saw us. I think they took some pictures as well,” said Junghoon.

“W-Well, they didn’t post the pictures though, right?”

Junghoon pursed his lips together and pulled his phone from his pocket. His phone was getting a ton of notifications. Most being mentions on Twitter and Instagram. He pulled up one of the mentions on Instagram and let out a heavy sigh, scrolling through the thread. “Looks like they did. Lots of people are posting about it, Kookie…”

He let his brother see the post he was looking at and Jungkook’s eyes went wide. He swore under his breath. “Oh my god… I should’ve known better… Dammit…” Jungkook ran his fingers through his hair and groaned loudly. He his heel and stomped away.

“What was that about?” Namjoon asked as he and Yoongi stepped up next to Junghoon. Without a word, Junghoon showed the two of them the pictures. “Ah, that can’t be good.”

“No, it’s not,” said Junghoon. “I’m probably going to have to make a post about this later. I’m sure people have probably found his social media profiles by now.”

Yoongi frowned and walked forward. “I’m going to go check on him, okay?”

Junghoon let out a long sigh and placed his phone back in his pocket. “So, tell me, how long do you think it’ll take for them to confess to each other?”

“I’ve been waiting for a year. Who knows?” Namjoon said with a shrug.

The two started for the elevators when Namjoon spoke up. “Tell me honestly, Junghoon. What do you want with Yoongi? Why do you keep going after him like this?”

They stepped into the elevator silently and Junghoon pressed the floor button. He waited until the doors were closed to leaned against the side and look at Namjoon. “It’s funny because I don’t quite understand it myself. Do I like him? Do I not like him? If I do like him, why would I? I barely even know him.” He stuffed his hands into his jacket pockets. “It’s just...I’ve been listening to Jungkook talk about him for about two years now. I guess I fell for him without knowing it. But who knows? It’s complicated.”

The elevator arrived on the fourth floor and they stepped off one after another and a cheerful voice sounded: “Namjoon hyung! Good morning!”

“Morning, Jimin. Long time no see,” Namjoon greeted with a smile as the smaller male ran over to him.

“Yeah, I’ve been super busy, but we might get to see each other more often now since your company hired me,” said Jimin. He paused and looked up at Junghoon who smiled at him. “You’re actually more attractive in real life.”

Junghoon smirked. “Thanks. So are you.”

Jimin flushed a soft pink. “What? You know who I am?”

“Of course I do. My brother is friends with your roommate who once tried to set me up on a date with you and bragged about you a lot back then. So, he educated me a lot about you. He showed me a lot of your videos. You’re pretty talented.”

“He did?” Jimin asked. “And what? Am I not your type? Is that why we didn’t go out on a date?”

Namjoon cleared his throat awkwardly and waved his hand in the air between Jimin and Junghoon. “Look, uh, can you guys continue this conversation later? Junghoon, you have to meet everyone first.”

“Ah, right.” Junghoon turned to the other dancers behind Jimin and bowed to them politely. “Hello. I’m Jeon Junghoon, a member of Euphoria. Please take care of me well.”

The other dancers all introduced themselves back.

Junghoon smiled and straightened his back. “I look forward to working with you all. I’m sorry the other members of Euphoria aren’t here right now. I'll bring them over later to introduce them to you.” He glanced over at Jimin and gave him a wink when they made eye contact and walked away. Jimin flinched slightly as his cheeks turned a soft pink color which he quickly hid with his hands.

 

Yoongi opened the door into the studio slowly and peeked inside to find Jungkook sitting on the couch in the dark. He stepped inside and sat next to him quietly.

“People aren’t leaving me alone… They found my Instagram and are following and commenting too much,” said Jungkook. “I hate it. How do I get them to stop?”

Yoongi looked at Jungkook’s open phone on the couch next to him and looked at the flood of notifications he got. “How about making your profile private?”

Jungkook shook his head. “I don’t want to do that. I already live my real life private. Why would I do that to my online life?” He let out a long sigh and locked his phone. “I just want to live my life quietly. And now that people know I exist, they’re not going to leave me alone…”

“So that’s why you never liked to go out.”

“Yeah. But I did really want to go with you guys every time you asked. It’s just…”

“No, I get it.”

Jungkook pulled his knees to his chest and huffed. “I don’t understand. How is it that Junghoon’s the popular one or the handsome one when we both have the same face?”

“For starters, he exudes confidence. He knows he’s handsome and wears it proudly. You really don’t know how good looking you are, do you?”

“Yeah, but if that were true, why can’t I get someone to date me?”

Yoongi snorted. “Well, maybe it’s because you don’t leave the house. Or perhaps it’s because you keep avoiding it when I ask you about what you said in that text. Come on, Jungkook, just tell me what’s up with that. If you tell me that it was just to convince me that you were Junghoon and it was fake, then fine. It’ll make it easier for me to stop worrying about it and move on…”

There was a long pause from Jungkook that almost made Yoongi stand up and walk out of the studio but he didn’t.

“It wasn’t fake. It was the truth,” Jungkook said softly. “I didn’t just say that in the text, I really do like you. I’ve liked you for almost the whole time we’ve known each other.”

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

“I’m not very good at the feelings thing and I thought that maybe you would end up hating me if I told you and I didn’t want to risk losing you as a friend. If you didn’t know by now, I’m really introverted and only recently started to come out of my bubble because of Taehyung. So, even if I really wanted to tell you, I couldn’t.”

Yoongi chuckled. “You would never lose me as a friend. No matter what. Besides, if you had told me, I would tell you that I like you too.”

“You do?”

“I do. I’ve liked you for a while now. About a year and a half now to be exact.”

“Well, you could have said something too…”

“I know, but I’m not good at the feelings thing either.”

Jungkook chuckled. “Aigoo. We’re both a couple of idiots, huh?”

“I’m a genius. I don’t know what you’re talking about,” said Yoongi with a shrug and a snicker making Jungkook laugh. They both looked at each other in silence until the sound of a knock at the door broke that.

It was Namjoon. “Hey, guys. The CEO wants everyone to meet in the practice room. Come on.”

The three of them made their way to the practice room where everyone involved with the record label was waiting. Euphoria was all there along with the dancers that arrived today. Yoongi, Namjoon, and Jungkook made their ways to Hoseok and Jimin who were talking with each other.

“What’s happening?” Yoongi asked.

“Not sure. The CEO just asked us to come here,” Namjoon replied.

Not too long after, the CEO walked into the practice room along with his son, Seokjin and Euphoria’s manager, Son Kiha. “Hello, everyone. Thanks for coming. I’m sure you’ve all met Euphoria by now and know what’s going on so far,” the CEO stated, “but in case you don’t know, our company now has a record label that most of you will be working under and we have signed Euphoria to an exclusive contract. In case you’re all wondering, while I will be the main CEO of the label, I will also have my son here as CEO as well mainly for the record label itself. Please greet him and show him respect.”

As everyone bowed to him and greeted him respectfully, Yoongi nudged Namjoon in the side and whispered to him, “I can’t believe you’re screwing the CEO.”

“Buzz off,” Namjoon muttered with a chuckle. Yoongi grinned and they turned their attention back to the front as Euphoria were introducing themselves to everyone. Junghoon looked over at Yoongi and shot him a wink as he introduced himself. Jungkook was the only one to notice this other than Yoongi and felt his heart twinge with jealousy. The smile that was on his face faded instantly as he looked down at his feet.

“Okay, uh, now that the introductions are out of the way, try to get to know each other a little more. You all will be working together a lot. We need to make this debut great,” said the CEO. He smiled at everyone before leaving the room where his secretary was waiting for him.

Junghoon walked over to Yoongi and Jungkook as the other Euphoria members went to talk to the dancers. “Hey there, brother. What’s with the long face?” he asked as he threw his arm around Jungkook’s shoulders.

Jungkook rolled his eyes and pushed Junghoon’s arm off of him. “You know why.”

Junghoon smiled innocently and turned his attention to Yoongi. “Hey, you up to go out tonight?”

“Seriously? After everything I told you this morning, you still want to go out?” Jungkook asked with hostility.

Junghoon shrugged. “I don’t see why I should give up having fun on my time off. It’s not like I’ll be doing anything illegal.”

Jungkook rolled his eyes. “I already told you. You need to—”

“Junghoonie~” Daniel mused as he walked up to them. “I keep getting messages to confirm about those pictures online of you and Jungkook. You should do a post about it.”

“I already did,” said Junghoon as he pulled up the post on his phone. “I did it before I walked in here. You don’t want to worry about them bothering you anymore, okay, Jungkook?”

Daniel smiled as he looked at Junghoon’s phone. “Great~” He peeked up at Jimin and grinned. “Sorry I didn’t introduce myself earlier. I’m Daniel. You don’t have to tell me who you are. I already know. Your roommate brags about you a lot.”

Jimin laughed. “So, I’ve been told.”

“You know, I didn’t believe Taehyung when he said you look prettier in real life.”

“He called me pretty?”

“Yeah, I mean, he had to make you sound good so Junghoon could go on a date with you.”

“And why didn’t he?” Jimin asked, raising an eyebrow.

Daniel grinned and looked over at Junghoon who shot him a glare. “Because I wanted Junghoon all to myself,” Daniel joked and pulled Junghoon close to him by the waist.

Junghoon rolled his eyes and pushed Daniel away. “You loser.”

Daniel laughed and saluted to everyone before walking away. Jimin chuckled as he watched Daniel walk away. “You two seem close.”

“Yeah, he was the first friend I made when I came here. He let me stay with him until I got my own place. He was actually the one who came up with the idea that we make a group,” Junghoon explained. “I owe him a lot.”

Kiha walked up to them and placed a firm hand on Junghoon’s shoulder. “Well, here’s to a new, bright future for you guys, yeah?”

Junghoon beamed happily. “Thanks for being the number one supporter for us. You’re the reason why these things are happening for us. You’re the best manager anyone could ask for.”

Kiha smiled and glanced over at Yoongi, Namjoon, and Jungkook. “They’re a bit difficult to work with so just have a little patience and faith in them and the album will be great.”

Jungkook snorted and rolled his eyes. Yoongi nudged his side and smiled at Kiha. “We’ll do our absolute best.”

Kiha grinned and raised his fist. “Euphoria, fighting!”

Junghoon grinned and gave his manager a fist bump. “Fighting~”