extra; one shot alternate universe if Yoongi was the twin

euphoria

Characters:

Jungkook: Taehyung’s roommate, works with Yoongi, Namjoon, Yoonji

Yoongi: Yoonji’s twin, lives with her even though he doesn’t want to

Yoonji: Yoongi’s twin

Namjoon: Seokjin’s roommate

Seokjin: Namjoon’s roommate, CEO of JinHit Ent (lol)

Taehyung: Jungkook’s roommate, Jimin’s not-so-secret boyfriend

Jimin: Hoseok’s roommate, about to make his debut

Hoseok: Jimin’s roommate

 

Jungkook’s POV

 

When I woke up this morning, everything was great. It was as quiet as it always was other than Taehyung nagging me to wake up because I was going to be late for work if I didn’t wake up now. He gave me my breakfast for the road and I went off to work. I walked slow as I ate to enjoy the quiet because I know that once I get to work, it would be chaos. You see, I work with Namjoon hyung and the Min twins. Yoongi hyung and Yoonji noona. They both fight over me all day, everyday. They both have a crush on me, you see, and they’re constantly both trying to get my attention. It’s very cute and entertaining.

I walked into the studio where at first, I only thought that Namjoon hyung was in. And then I walked inside. 

“Jungkookie!” I heard a cheery voice call for me and then I got pulled into a hug. “Good morning~” 

I laughed and gave her a hug back. “Good morning, Yoonji noona~” 

She grinned as she pulled back on the hug. “Did you have a good sleep last night?” 

“Yeah. How about you?”

“Oh, you know, just dreaming about wrestling Yoongi and winning your heart. The usual~” Yoonji noona grinned cheekily as Yoongi hyung flipped her off. 

I couldn’t help but laugh and took my chair next to Yoongi hyung. “Hey, hyung, good morning.”

“Morning. How was your walk to work?” 

“It was fine.” 

Yoongi hyung is more lowkey about liking me than Yoonji noona, but I know he likes me a lot. He may not show it a lot, but other than the constant bickering with Yoonji, he likes to make cute little advances. Like trying to touch my hand while we’re working and sitting close to me so our shoulders touch. And I see the blush on his face when he does. So, sometimes I like to and lean over him. It’s cute when he blushes, to be honest. 

“What are you working on?” I asked as I leaned over Yoongi hyung’s shoulder to see. I could already see his cheeks turn a soft pink and smirked to myself. 

“I can’t quite figure out what’s missing here yet to match Jimin’s voice. Let me play it back for you,” Yoongi hyung said and he played the part where he needed help. I listened to it carefully and nodded.

“You’re right. It is missing something,” I said as I tapped my chin. “Perhaps it needs a harmony. Play it back.” He played it again and I sang a harmony for the part. I saw Yoongi’s eyes light up. 

“You’re right. Do you… want to do the harmonies for the song then? There are a few parts that need it.” 

“Sure. I’ll do that.” 

When we finished the harmonies, Jimin hyung walked into the studio. “Hey, guys. Sorry, I’m late. I, uh, had to do a thing.”

I smirked. “Was that thing named Taehyung?” 

Jimin hyung rolled his eyes. “Shut up… So, how’s my song coming along?” 

“Good,” Yoongi hyung replied. “I just had Jungkook record some harmonies for the song. Do you want to hear it?” 

“Of course I do!” Jimin hyung jumped onto the couch next to Yoonji noona and they shared their quick “secret” handshake. I can’t believe they’re close now. Yoonji noona used to hate him. Almost got her kicked off of our team to make Jimin hyung’s album. 

Yoongi hyung played back the song and Jimin hyung grinned. “It sounds great! Jungkook, you should feature on a song with me! I’m trying to convince Hoseok hyung, but he’s not budging right now. Maybe if you feature, he might want to.” 

“I’ll think about it.” 

At lunch, we were all sitting together. Yoongi hyung and Yoonji noona were both sitting on each side of me. Namjoon hyung was across the table with Jimin hyung. Since we were eating out at the chicken restaurant near the company, fans were giggling as they passed by as Jimin hyung smiled and waved at them. If only they knew.

Yoonji noona kept trying to feed me but Yoongi hyung grumbled at her and always forced her hand away from me. I smiled. They do this daily and you would think I would be annoyed with it by now but it’s entertaining. It’s always the highlight of my day and I have an interesting story to tell Taehyung when I get home. It’s the highlight of his day too when I tell him the stories.

On the way back to the company, Yoonji noona had her arm around mine and Yoongi hyung kept making advances to hold my hand. I and only hooked my pinky with his. He quickly turned pink and pulled away. Yoonji noona noticed this and glared at Yoongi hyung who sneered at her. I bit my lip to keep from laughing. They’re both so cute. 

In the studio, Jimin hyung is practicing the new song’s lyrics with Yoonji noona while I’m helping Yoongi hyung and Namjoon hyung figure out which demo version would be better to choose for the song: Mine or Yoongi hyung’s. It always happens this way. We are always deliberating things like this and then we end up just choosing Namjoon hyung’s version because his is always the best. But this time, he didn’t have one for this song. He said something about giving me and Yoongi hyung a chance, whatever that means. 

Yoongi hyung groaned as he sat back against his chair and rolled his eyes. “As much as I would hate to ask... Yoonji, we need help.” 

Yoonji smirked. “Oh? And what do you need my brilliant musical skills for?”

“We need another opinion. Me and Jungkook are being biased to our own versions and Namjoon is no help…” 

“Well, let’s hear it. Jimin is here too, and it’s his album so he should get a say on which he would rather have, right?”

Jimin hyung grinned. “Right. I should get a say.”

Yoongi hyung played mine first, and then his after. Yoonji noona only nodded as she listened to both. “Playback your track,” she said as her eyes fell to the lyrics. Oh, this is my favorite part of working with her. Yoongi hyung played back the track and she started to try to sing the lyrics with the track. She invited Jimin to try and they both sang with the track. She gestured to Yoongi to play my track and he did and they both sang the song with the track. 

And that’s when Yoongi hyung sighed. “Fine. We’ll use your track, Jungkook.”

I grinned. “Really?” 

“Yeah. It works better for Jimin’s voice. Helps it stick out more. Plus, it’ll be easier for him to perform live.”

I gave Yoonji noona a high five. That’s my favorite part of working with her because my tracks almost always get picked when she has a say. I think she does it on purpose, but I’m not complaining. Jimin hyung stepped up to the mic and we recorded. 

At the end of the day, Taehyung popped his head into the studio and grinned. “Knock, knock. We brought food.” He walked in with Hoseok hyung behind and they both held packages of food. Jimin grinned and clung on to Taehyung immediately as he set the food down.

“Hi~ I missed you~” 

Taehyung grinned and moved the hair from Jimin’s eyes. “I missed you too~” 

They both shared a kiss making nearly everyone in the room cringe. Everyone except Yoonji noona who watched them fondly. She’s their biggest supporter and without her, they probably wouldn’t have even started dating. She has this oddly cute shipping habit. She shipped them hard way before they were even aware of their feelings for each other. She ships Namjoon hyung and Seokjin hyung together and is convinced that they are secretly married to each other. She ships Yoongi hyung and Hoseok hyung mainly because they are both polar opposites of each other. And she ships me with herself, obviously. And while I’m not completely opposed to the idea, if I end up with her, what about Yoongi hyung? He’ll be hurt, won’t he?

We all enjoyed the dinner Hoseok hyung and Taehyung brought. We laughed and talked and cracked jokes. It was a fun time. 

“Can I steal him tonight?” Taehyung asked as he put his arm around Jimin hyung’s shoulders. “Is he done?” 

Yoongi hyung glanced up at the computer screen and nodded. “Yeah, he’s done for today.” 

“Great,” Taehyung said with a huge grin. He looked over at me and winked. “Don’t come home too early tonight.” 

I feigned disgust as Taehyung pulled Jimin out of the studio. “Oh, nasty.” 

“Don’t worry, Jungkook. You can come sleep over at our place,” Yoonji noona said with a grin. “You can sleep with me in my room.” 

“Uh, no the hell he is not, Yoonji,” said Yoongi hyung.

“And why not? And don’t say it’s because he’s a guy. I can take care of myself. I know where the vital points are.”

“That’s not the point…” Yoongi hyung mumbled.

“Oh~ I get it. You’re jealous~” Yoonji noona grinned and poked at Yoongi hyung’s cheek. Yoonji noona is the only one ever brave enough to poke fun at Yoongi hyung other than Taehyung. Taehyung likes to baby Yoongi hyung a lot and weirdly enough, I think Yoongi hyung likes it. He doesn’t complain or anything. Should I try to baby hyung one time? Is it worth risking my life like that though?

Yoongi hyung flushed a bright pink color and nudged Yoonji noona. “Shove off… I gotta work…” He quickly turned his chair around and faked like he was working on the computer. 

Hoseok laughed and cleaned up all the trash. “Guess I’ll be alone in the apartment again. Jungkook, you’re welcome to stay over if you want.” 

I smiled. “Thanks, hyung. I’ll let you know if I come by.”

Hoseok nodded and told all of us goodbye before leaving. We all worked until very late to fix everything that needed to be fixed with the song and we all headed out of the company together. Yoonji noona stretched as she yawned. 

“We’re almost done. Just two more songs,” she said. 

“I can’t wait until we’re done. We can have a short break before we have to start on the next album. So long as this one does well,” said Namjoon hyung.

“Well, it’s a good thing we have the Min Genius team on then, right~” I grinned, throwing my arms around both of their shoulders. They both blushed. Yoongi hyung was more shy about it while Yoonji noona grinned proudly. 

“Damn right,” she said. She glanced up at me and nudged me gently and whispered. “But I’m your favorite, right?”

She said it loud enough for Yoongi hyung to hear and he immediately shot her a death glare. “No, you’re not,” he shot.

“Yes, I am~” 

“No.” 

“Yes.”

“No!” 

“Yes!” 

Namjoon rose an eyebrow as I leaned my head back to laugh out loud. “Do you have a favorite?” 

Yoongi hyung and Yoonji noona stopped arguing and looked at me for an answer. I tapped my chin as if I was thinking to build tension, but in reality, I already had an answer to that question.

“They’re both my favorite,” I said with a wide grin to which Yoongi hyung and Yoonji noona gave me looks of disappointment. 

“Oh, come on. You have to have a favorite,” Yoonji noona said. She placed her hands on her hips and looked at me. “I’m your favorite, aren’t I?” 

“No, I’m his favorite,” said Yoongi hyung as he crossed his arms over his chest.

“No, you’re not.” 

“Yes, I am.” 

“No.”

“Yes.” 

Namjoon exhaled heavily and rubbed his temples. “How can you handle this, Jungkook?”

I grinned. “Because they’re cute.”

Yoongi hyung and Yoonji noona immediately stopped and stared at me. “I’m not cute,” they both said in unison. 

“Yes, you two are~” 

Yoonji noona huffed. “Fine. I’m cute.” 

Yoongi hyung frowned. “But I’m cuter.”

“No, you’re not.” 

“Yes, I am.” 

“No.”

“Yes.”

I laughed. “You two are just so cute. Never change~” 

Yoonji noona rolled her eyes. “Okay, but listen, I know you know that we both like you.”

“I don’t like him,” Yoongi hyung said, his cheeks tinting a bright pink. 

“Yes, you do. Shut up. We both talk about him with each other almost all night, every night. You’ve told me yourself that you like him.”

Yoongi hyung immediately shut his mouth and looked away. 

Yoonji noona shook her head and looked back at me. “We need to know. Which one of us would you choose? And you can’t say both. You have to pick one.” 

“Choose for what?” 

“To date, obviously.”

I rose an eyebrow and looked between the both of them. “Hm… well, I can’t pick just one. I like you both. I don’t want to pick one.” 

“What? Why not? You can’t like us both in that way.” 

I just shrugged and both Yoongi hyung and Yoonji noona looked at each other with disgusted looks on their faces. 

“Well, if he won’t choose, I’ll take one for the team,” Yoonji noona said. 

Yoongi hyung scoffed. “No, you aren’t.  I will.” 

“We can’t share him so I’ll date him.”

“No, you won’t. I’ll date him.” 

I bit back a smile and looked at Namjoon hyung who was rubbing his temples. 

“I can’t believe you can handle this,” said Namjoon hyung as Yoongi hyung and Yoonji noona bickered. 

I grinned. “They’re cute.” 

“Okay, but you know they’ll never stop, right?” 

“I don’t want them to. It’s cute~” 

“Maybe you think it’s cute, but it’s stress for everyone else. You’ll have to pick one eventually.” 

I smiled and looked at both of them. “Eventually. But right now, I don’t want to change anything. I’m afraid if I pick one the other one will hate me or something.” 

Namjoon hyung snorted. “Yeah right. They both love you too much to hate you.” 

“Well, sure, but I value both of their friendships. I don’t want to risk anything.” 

Namjoon hyung chuckled and threw an arm around my shoulders. “Geez. Who raised you to be like this?”

I laughed. “You and Seokjin hyung had a huge part of it. You know that.” 

Namjoon hyung grinned. “So you get it from Seokjin hyung then.” 

I let out a loud laugh and nudged Namjoon hyung’s side.