03;

euphoria

Hoseok sat on the couch in his and Yoongi’s shared apartment staring at his phone reading the email he just received. Right at that moment, Yoongi walked into the apartment. He threw his things on the floor and jumped onto the couch next to Hoseok and wrapped his arms around his waist.

“What’s that?” Yoongi asked as he peered up at Hoseok’s phone.

“Your company sent me an email asking me to be a choreographer for Euphoria,” Hoseok said and showed Yoongi the email. “Your company signed Euphoria? I thought you guys only made video game music?”

“I was surprised too when I went to work. Apparently, they made a record label and they moved us to a different floor. You’ll never guess who’s in charge of making Euphoria’s debut album.”

Hoseok tapped his chin. “Is it you and Namjoon?”

“And Jungkook.”

“Really? All three of you?”

“The company wants the best to make their debut the best.”

Hoseok laughed. “Did he call the three of you the best?”

“According to Namjoon, he did.”

Hoseok smiled and held Yoongi in a tight hug. “He would be right then. You are the best.”

“I know,” said Yoongi with a wide grin. Hoseok laughed and shook his head. “There’s something else that happened today. I need advice.”

“Oh? About what?”

“Junghoon asked me to hang out tonight.”

“Like a date?”

“He said it doesn’t have to be a date if I don’t want it to be.”

“So, it’s a date then. Do you know how long it’s been since you were asked out on a date? Oh my god,” Hoseok said, the excitement prominent in his voice as he spoke. “What did you say?”

“I didn’t answer him. He told me to text him with my answer.”

“Do you want to go out with him?”

“I mean, it has been a really long time since my last date and I’m actually considering it, but I like Jungkook. How could I ignore that and go out with his brother?”

“It’s not like you two are going to start dating or anything. It’s one night, isn’t it? And it’s technically not a date. You can think of it as two friends hanging out,” said Hoseok.

“Yeah, I guess so.” Yoongi sighed and rested his head against Hoseok’s chest. “Do you think Jungkook will be mad if I hang out with his brother?”

“Probably. But I feel like he owes you time to hang out with his brother for not telling you about him.”

Yoongi chuckled. “You’re right. And hanging out with him will help me get to know him better since I missed out on two years of getting to know him.”

“Of course,” Hoseok said. “So, I think you should go. Plus, you do need more friends.”

“I have friends. Plus, I would rather stay home and cuddle with you anyway,” said Yoongi as he stuck out his tongue playfully.

Hoseok smiled and tapped Yoongi’s cheek lightly. “Cute.”

Yoongi grinned cheekily right as Taehyung burst into the apartment. “Yoongi hyung! Is it true?! Did Junghoon really ask you out?!”

“Yeah, he did. Did Jungkook tell you?”

“What did you say?!”

“I was just about to text him that I was going to meet him tonight. Why?”

Taehyung’s lip twitched and he quickly took the seat next to Yoongi and shook him. “Do you know what this means?! Oh my god! I’m so jealous!!”

Yoongi grunted and pushed Taehyung’s hands off of him to get him to stop shaking him. “What are you saying?”

“You have two really hot guys going after you! And better yet they’re twins! This is insane! I wish I were you,” said Taehyung with a pout. He looked up at Hoseok and playfully tugged on his shirt sleeve. “Hyung, why don’t you have a twin?”

Hoseok laughed and grasped his boyfriend’s hand and placed a soft kiss on his palm. “Because the world can only handle one of me. I’m too beautiful to have a double.”

Yoongi made a face. “I would probably want to die if Hoseok had a twin. One is already too much.” He rolled his eyes and stood up off the couch to prevent from further being sandwiched between the two males who were ogling each other. “Look, I don’t care to have twins after me, okay? I’m not even interested in Junghoon. I’m just going to hang out with him. That’s all. I just want to get to know him better.”

Taehyung huffed. “Suit yourself. I’m still jealous though.”

Yoongi sighed and sat himself down on the loveseat. “Did Jungkook tell you that our company signed Euphoria to its newly established record label?”

“Yeah, he told me,” said Taehyung as he curled up against Hoseok’s side. “He has mixed feelings about it right now.”

“And guess who got an email asking him to be their new choreographer and dance trainer?” Hoseok said showing Taehyung the email.

Taehyung tilted his head as he scanned the email. “Jimin told me he and many other people he knows were contacted as well. They’re really serious about Euphoria’s debut, huh? Having all of you involved in it.”

“Seems like it.” Yoongi groaned. “It’s a lot of pressure on me, Namjoon, and Jungkook though. It means we have to come up with THE best debut album probably in existence.”

“I thought you were a genius. Why does it sound like you’re doubting?” said Hoseok.

“I’m not doubting my skill,” Yoongi replied. “I know I can make the best debut album for them. I just don’t know if they’ll get as popular as the company may be trying to put out that they will.”

“Never underestimate the power of the internet, hyung,” Taehyung said. “Have you seen how popular kpop has gotten these days? People will be looking for the next big thing. And Euphoria is already pretty popular and they do have an international fanbase because of social media.”

“I guess so. But will people even listen to it?”

“I mean, the songs you post online are so popular, you don’t even know just how big the songs you release are. I see a lot of tweets online talking about the mixtape you released forever ago and I see tweets of people wanting a new one.” Taehyung sat up and tapped the side of his head. “The company knows what they’re doing having you a part of this album. If your name’s on it, people will listen to it.”

Yoongi pursed his lips together. “You think so?”

“I know so. I know I’ll listen to it.”

Yoongi sighed. “You’re right. I’ll have a little faith then.”

“Now, serious question. When will you, Hoseok hyung, and Namjoon hyung release the next Cypher? I’m dying here. I need a new one.”

Hoseok’s eyes widened. “I haven’t thought of those since university. You listen to those?”

“Everyday. I love them. If you guys make another one, can I be in it? Please?” Taehyung clasped his hands together and looked at Yoongi with shining eyes.

Yoongi frowned. “No.”

“Oh, come on, please? You don’t even have to give me any lines! I can… I can do sound effects. Or… I don’t know… moan in the background.”

Yoongi glanced up at Hoseok who snickered and looked away. Yoongi let out a breath and glanced back at Taehyung who was still looking at him with begging eyes. “Look, we don’t make the cyphers anymore, Tae. We made those so long ago.”

Taehyung pouted. “Fine…You guys .”

 

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

 

Yoongi sighed as he leaned against the wall of the club he met Junghoon at. The security guard had already asked him so many times whether he was going to go in or not that by now he gave up asking. Yoongi pulled out his phone to check the time and huffed out an annoyed breath when he saw it was already past ten o’clock. He opened the chat to text Junghoon again for his phone to be snatched out of his hand.

“Hey—” He looked up and was greeted by Junghoon’s smiling face.

“Sorry, I’m late. Jungkook was trying to get me not to come.”

“It’s fine. Now can I have my phone back?” Yoongi asked and tried to reach for his phone but Junghoon held the phone away from the other’s reach.

“You get it back at the end of the night. Can’t have you distracted,” Junghoon said with a cheeky smile as he slid Yoongi’s phone into his own back pocket. “Now, come on. Let’s go or they’ll give our room away and we won’t have a chance to have fun tonight.”

Yoongi frowned. “What?”

“Oh, that sounded wrong… I booked us for noraebang. I hope that’s okay.”

Yoongi pressed his lips together. “Why do you keep wanting me to do things I don’t do? First, dancing and now you want me to sing?”

“You don’t have to. I’ll sing.” Junghoon smiled and hooked their arms together and tugged Yoongi with him. “You just have to sit and cheer me on.”

Once they were at the karaoke room that Junghoon got for them, he ordered food and drinks for them and was already searching for a song to sing. Yoongi sat on the couch and looked around. The last time he went to a noraebang was the night he and Hoseok dropped out of university. He doesn’t remember much else from that night. Only a faint memory of Namjoon’s face before he out.

“You know,” Junghoon said as he scrolled through the list, “I originally was going to turn down the offer from your company.”

“What changed your mind?”

“My friends have been dreaming for the moment they become worldwide stars. I know that they’re all pretty disappointed that I’m always the one getting all the opportunities especially when I don’t care to become famous. All I want is to have fun with my friends,” said Junghoon. “This was an opportunity for all of us to gain attention. For them to gain more attention. And maybe we’ll become the worldwide stars they wish to be.”

He looked up at Yoongi and smiled. “Plus, I want my parents to be proud of me. They didn’t want me to move to Seoul to pursue this dream of mine. They told me I wouldn’t make it. I want to show them that I did make it. That I finally made it.”

Yoongi stayed quiet listening to Junghoon speak and looked down. He definitely knew that feeling. He glanced up at Junghoon when he heard the first notes of ‘Eyes, Nose, Lips’ play. He leaned back against the couch listening to Junghoon sing and was completely mesmerized. He truly had a gift for singing.

Throughout the night, they were both laughing, dancing, and constantly trying to out-drink each other. Junghoon progressively started to sing in slurs while Yoongi was jumping and dancing around. At one point, they both were out of breath and sat down on the couch. They both leaned against each other.

“God… I haven’t been this drunk since university…” Yoongi mumbled as he rubbed his temples.

Junghoon chuckled. “I don’t think I’ve gotten this drunk in a while as well. My friends can’t keep up with me.”

Yoongi sighed and leaned his head against Junghoon’s shoulder. “When is your brother going to it up and ask me out already?” Junghoon frowned slightly feeling himself sober up quickly. He said nothing and Yoongi kept speaking. “Doesn’t he see how much I like him or is he that dumb? It’s been two years… Why can’t he just ask?”

“If someone better came around, would you forget about him?” Junghoon asked. There was a long pause but he didn’t get an answer. He looked down to see Yoongi had fallen asleep. He let out a long sigh and looked up. “Ah, man,” he grumbled under his breath.

He lifted Yoongi up onto his back and walked out of the noraebang building. He waved for a taxi and gently placed Yoongi inside. He got in next to him and told the driver where to go. When they arrived, he carried Yoongi inside and swore softly remembering that he doesn’t know what apartment he lived in. As he reached to pull Yoongi’s phone from his pocket, Hoseok walked into the building coming back from a date with Taehyung.

He paused and stared at Junghoon. “Wah, you and Jungkook look so much alike…”

“You must be Yoongi’s roommate. Uh, I brought him back home. He’s a little drunk right now,” said Junghoon.

Hoseok peered at Yoongi and chuckled softly. “Alright. Bring him up.” He led Junghoon up and let him inside of their apartment. He helped get Yoongi into his room and glanced at Junghoon noticing a sway in his steps. “Do you want to stay over the night? You seem pretty drunk yourself.”

“Oh, no. I’m fine.” Junghoon took a step toward the door and nearly fell, but Hoseok was quick to catch him.

“Come on, you can sleep on the couch.” Not waiting for a reply, Hoseok helped Junghoon to the couch and lay him down carefully. “I’ll get you a blanket, okay?”

Junghoon nodded and pulled both his phone and Yoongi’s phone from his pocket and set it down on the table. He pulled off his jacket and lay back on the couch. He let out a long sigh and closed his eyes, passing out immediately. Hoseok walked over with a blanket and placed it on him just as he heard Junghoon’s phone ring.

He looked over to see Jungkook was the one calling. He ignored it at first, but he called again and again. Hoseok sighed and picked up the phone. “Don’t worry, Jungkook. He’s fine. They came home pretty drunk, so I told him he should stay the night.”

“Hoseok hyung? Why did you answer his phone? Where is he?”

“He’s asleep on the couch at my place. He got Yoongi hyung home safe too so you don’t have to worry about him either.”

“Wait, what? I’ll… I’ll come to get him.”

“No, it’s late, Jungkook. You shouldn’t. It’ll be fine. And it’ll just be for one night.”

“But, hyung—”

“Get some sleep, Jungkook. Come get him in the morning, okay? Goodnight.” Hoseok hung up the phone and set it back down on the table. He picked up Yoongi’s phone and took it to put it on the charger in Yoongi’s room. He walked over to Yoongi’s bedside and leaned over, giving him a peck on the forehead. He smiled softly looking at his hyung’s sleeping face and left the room to go to bed.

 

The next morning, Yoongi woke up with a pounding headache. He groaned as he sat up. He groggily made his way to the kitchen and took some pain reliever and downed his drink. He leaned against the refrigerator and sighed. “Ow…”

“Morning,” he heard.

Yoongi frowned and looked up seeing Junghoon sitting at the table with a bowl of soup in front of him. “What are you doing here?”

“I brought you home. Your roommate didn’t want me to leave so, here I am. Soup?” Junghoon replied as he pointed to a bowl of soup that Hoseok set up for Yoongi earlier. Yoongi sat down and sighed.

“I don’t want to go out drinking with you again,” Yoongi grumbled. “I hate this feeling…”

Junghoon chuckled. “You shouldn’t have tried to out-drink me. No one can.”

Yoongi rolled his eyes. “Whatever.”

Junghoon grinned and they both started to eat.

“Morning, everyone,” Taehyung said cheekily as he walked into the kitchen. “Look who I brought~”

Jungkook walked in after him and his gaze immediately fell on Junghoon.

“Oh, boy,” Junghoon said softly as he rolled his eyes.

“Junghoon, we have to talk,” said Jungkook as he tugged on his brother’s arm. “Now.”

“Can we talk later? I want to eat.”

“No, we have to talk now.”

Hoseok stepped into the kitchen and shot a glare toward Jungkook who flinched and let go of his brother and took a seat quietly at the table. He turned to Taehyung who was already helping himself to breakfast and grinned. “Morning, my love~”

Taehyung smiled widely. “Morning~”

Hoseok pecked Taehyung’s cheek and looked up at Jungkook. “Are you hungry?”

“Uh, yeah. I… rushed over here without eating anything,” he replied.

Hoseok nodded and made himself and Jungkook food as well and brought it to the table. “Let’s all enjoy breakfast, okay? No arguing,” he said as he stared at Jungkook. Jungkook pressed his lips together and nodded. “Good~ Let’s eat now.”

They all ate their food in silence and stayed in silence until the last person finished their food. Hoseok and Taehyung cleaned off the table and then Hoseok had to head off to work. He left giving Taehyung a quick kiss and gave Yoongi a peck on the top of his head. The twins both watched Hoseok leave and waited until the front door was completely closed to exhale with relief.

“He’s a little bit scary, isn’t he?” Junghoon stated.

Taehyung laughed. “You don’t know scary until you’ve messed up a dance move and he catches you. So, uh, good luck having him as your dance trainer.”

Junghoon grumbled under his breath and pulled on his jacket. “I wouldn’t presume you’ve brought me clothes to change into, did you, brother?”

“Why the hell would I do something like that?” Jungkook said with hostility in his tone.

Junghoon rolled his eyes. “If you’ve got something to say, please say it. I don’t like when you don’t say what’s on your mind.”

“You know what’s on my mind.”

“Nothing happened, alright? We just had fun at the noraebang.”

“Yeah, and then you two came home drunk. You do realize that now that you’re signed to a label you have to keep up a good image. People could’ve taken pictures of the both of you and you could possibly get fired or get involved in a huge scandal that could end your career before it starts. And it’s not only you who will look bad. Yoongi hyung will too. And the company. Do you want that?”

“I still don’t see what the big deal is. I didn’t drive drunk or anything. I just went out and had fun with a friend.”

“People won’t see it that way. You’ve been on the internet long enough to know that. You remember what happened with Jihoon, right?”

“Don’t you ing dare say his name.”

Yoongi frowned feeling the tension between the two of them grow thicker after Jungkook said that name. Who was Jihoon and what happened?

Jungkook let out a long sigh. “Look, my point is that you have to keep up an image now. I’m sure the company is probably talking to investors for Euphoria’s future. You have to look good and stay out of trouble, alright?”

Junghoon let out an annoyed breath and chugged down the rest of his drink. He stood up off of his chair. “I’ll see you at the company, okay, Yoongi hyung?”

“Uh, yeah, sure. See you there,” Yoongi replied.

Junghoon nodded to Taehyung to say goodbye and left the apartment. Jungkook scoffed. “The damn nerve on that guy…” He quickly finished his drink and ran out of the apartment after Junghoon.

“Well, that was something,” said Taehyung.

“Who’s Jihoon?” Yoongi asked. “You know a bit about Euphoria, right?”

“I got into Euphoria after Jihoon, but you would be right that he was in Euphoria. I found out about him through the Euphoria members themselves,” Taehyung replied as he tapped the side of his glass with his finger. “Uh, it’s kind of a touchy story to tell so, I’ll try to keep it short… Um, there’s a really popular rumor online that Junghoon isn’t straight. He’s not out yet before you ask. And there were a lot of rumors and speculations that Junghoon and Jihoon were together but it wasn’t true. They had to deny it multiple times and still, people refused to listen. It brought a lot of malicious comments, especially to Jihoon. And then his dad found out about it… See, his dad was very religious so, you can probably guess what he thought. It basically ruined Jihoon’s life. And then he left Euphoria. And then sometime later, he was involved in a really bad accident with his family… His mom and younger sister barely survived but unfortunately, he and his dad didn’t.”

Yoongi frowned. “Oh… I see…”

“The rumors about Junghoon and Jihoon started only because they went to dinner together. I’m sure that’s why Jungkook is so worried. He doesn’t want either of you to go through that. He and Jihoon were really close back then. Or so I was told by the other Euphoria members.”

Yoongi sighed and looked down into his lap. “Guess I should be careful around Junghoon too then, huh?”

“You could, but I don’t think that’s going to stop him from hanging out with you. He seems to be interested in you.”

“What? He is not.”

“Yeah, he is. But I’m not surprised you didn’t notice since you’ve only got eyes for Jungkook,” Taehyung said with a smile. “I think that’s cute. You didn’t let the addition of a second Jungkook change your feelings.”

“Would you let go of a crush you’ve had for a year and a half that easily?”

Taehyung smiled and shook his head. “I know I was joking about Hoseok hyung having a twin, but like how you only want Jungkook, I only want Hoseok hyung because he’s the only one my heart wants.”

A small smile formed on Yoongi’s face. “Exactly.”