02;

euphoria

Yoongi and Taehyung made their way to the cafe and stepped inside. They found Junghoon sitting in the corner of the cafe away from everyone and went over to the table. Junghoon looked up and his eyes widened as if he were surprised to see that Yoongi came with someone and quickly tried to hide it before one of them noticed. He stood up and smiled.

“Hey, you made it. Thanks for agreeing to meet me,” said Junghoon.

Taehyung shrugged. “You’re lucky he even came. I didn’t want him to come.”

Yoongi frowned and examined Junghoon slowly. Something was a bit off about him. He had only met him last night but he knew something was different. He was wearing black pants, a plain white t-shirt and a black bomber jacket over it. He didn’t think that Junghoon would be without the leather jacket especially considering he said he wore it all the time. When he glanced up at Junghoon’s eyes was when he realized it and he felt anger start to rise within him.

“What the hell, Jungkook? Why are you pretending to be him?”

Jungkook let out a long sigh and rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. “Is it really that obvious?”

Taehyung frowned and looked up and down at Jungkook in front of them. “How did you know? They literally look alike…”

Yoongi clenched his jaw. “So, that text… He didn’t send it? It was from his phone, but you’re the one who sent it?”

Jungkook fell quiet and nodded his head. Yoongi scoffed and left without another word ignoring both Taehyung and Jungkook calling after him. He waved for a cab and quickly got in before Jungkook caught up to him and told the driver where to go. Yoongi let out a long breath and ignored every phone call from Jungkook and Taehyung all the way to Namjoon’s apartment.

He wiped an angry tear from his eye and rang the doorbell to Namjoon’s place. He didn’t get an answer at first and then pressed the button repeatedly until he got an answer. Surprisingly, Namjoon wasn’t the one who answered the door, but Seokjin.

“Uh, Namjoon’s in the bathroom,” Seokjin muttered as he let Yoongi in. Yoongi looked at Seokjin curiously but didn’t say anything. When Namjoon finally walked out of the bathroom, he looked at Yoongi and rose an eyebrow.

“What are you doing here?”

Yoongi frowned and crossed his arms. “I can’t believe you let me leave the club with that phony Jungkook last night. Meanwhile, you seem to have had a fantastic night here with Seokjin hyung, am I right?” He observed the dark pink mark peeking out from under the collar of Namjoon’s shirt and rose an eyebrow.

Seokjin flushed a bright pink color and cleared his throat. “I...better get going before my dad kills me for not going to that meeting. Uh… see you two later…” He quickly stepped out to avoid any more awkward conversation about last night and left.

“What do you mean by ‘phony Jungkook’?” Namjoon asked.

Yoongi dropped himself down on the couch and groaned softly. “Jungkook has a twin brother named Junghoon and I went home with him last night. We almost had , Namjoon. If I hadn’t fallen asleep, I would’ve slept with him. I can’t believe you let me leave with him.”

“Believe me, if I knew it wasn’t Jungkook, I wouldn’t have let you go with him,” said Namjoon as he sat next to Yoongi and grasped his hand. “You’re...not actually mad at me, are you?”

Yoongi shook his head. “No… I’m more upset at the fact that Jungkook didn’t tell any of us about his twin brother, other than Taehyung. I’m in this mess because he didn’t tell me.”

“The blame isn’t only on Jungkook though. His brother didn’t correct us when we called him Jungkook. It’s as if he wanted us to believe he was Jungkook,” said Namjoon. “So, if you ask me, while Jungkook is at fault here, his brother is also to blame. None of this would’ve happened if he was just honest with us and told us who he really was. I think you should sit and talk with both of them. That’s the only way this situation is going to be solved.”

Yoongi wrinkled his nose. “God… I hate when you do that thing…”

Namjoon laughed. “What thing?”

“That weird, borderline philosophical thing… You really haven’t changed since university, have you?”

Namjoon smiled and ruffled Yoongi’s hair. “Someone has to be the rational one between me, you, and Hoseok hyung.”

Yoongi pursed his lips. “We can be rational…”

Namjoon hummed and pat Yoongi’s shoulder. “Sure. So, come on. Text Jungkook and tell him you need to meet with him and Junghoon.”
    Yoongi sighed and leaned his head back against the couch. He sat there contemplating what he was going to say if he were to meet up with the both of them and groaned softly. “Do I really have to?”

Namjoon nodded. “Yes, you have to. Ask Jungkook if they’re both at home so you can go talk to them. I would say I would drive you, but…”

Yoongi snorted and pulled up the chat with Jungkook, shooting him a text that read: ‘We have to talk. Me, you, and your brother. I’ll come to your place.’

“Guess I’ll be going then,” Yoongi said. “I just want to get all of this over with.”

“Sure. Text me if you need anything else, okay?”

Yoongi nodded. He couldn’t help himself and tugged back at Namjoon’s collar to view the marks along his collarbone. Namjoon blushed and swatted Yoongi’s hand away. “Don’t…”

“Geez… you two had a lot of fun last night, huh? I’m jealous. You’re a step closer to getting the man of your dreams.”

Namjoon chuckled and walked Yoongi to the door. “You’d probably have yours if you just told him how you felt, you know.”

Yoongi sighed heavily. “If only I was as forward as you are. I’ll see you later, okay? We have to start planning for Hoseok’s birthday soon.”

“Sure, sure. And maybe I can give you tips about how to confess your feelings.”

Yoongi rolled his eyes. “Whatever. Bye, Namjoon.”

“Bye.”

Yoongi left the building and hailed for a taxi to Jungkook’s place. He stared up at the building and let out a long sigh. “Oh, boy…”

He slowly made his way up to Jungkook’s apartment and knocked softly. When the door opened, he wasn’t sure if it was Jungkook or Junghoon but he didn’t care and made his way inside. He sat himself down on the couch and folded his arms across his chest.

Yoongi looked up as Jungkook and Junghoon stood across from him trying to fight each other for the chair. Ultimately, Junghoon pushed Jungkook off and stuck out his tongue at him. Jungkook rolled his eyes and sat on the couch next to Yoongi.

“Are you guys done now?” asked Yoongi.

Jungkook nodded. “Yes. Okay, Junghoon, you first. Do you have something to tell Yoongi hyung?”

Junghoon let out a long sigh and sat up on the chair. “Yeah, uh, I’m really sorry. To take advantage of you like that was really dumb of me. I don’t know what came over me.”

Yoongi stared at Junghoon for a long while before nodding slowly. “I accept your apology…” He looked over and Jungkook and rose an eyebrow. “Now what do you have to say about this?”

Jungkook frowned. “What did I do?”

“It’s not what you did. It’s what you didn’t do. You didn’t tell me you have a twin brother and I almost slept with him,” said Yoongi.

Jungkook bit his bottom lip and glanced at Junghoon. “In my defense, if he had told you he wasn’t me, you wouldn’t have almost slept with him,” he said softly.

Junghoon scoffed softly. “I shouldn’t even have to tell him I’m not you. You should have already told your friends you have a twin. What’s the problem?”

“There’s no problem. I just didn’t get around to it,” mumbled Jungkook. “I was going to tell you, hyung, I swear.”

Yoongi rolled his eyes. “We’ve known each other for two years. When were you even planning on telling me?”

“Probably when you two were ten years into marriage with three kids and I wouldn’t have even gotten invited to the wedding,” Junghoon said. A satisfactory smirk spread across his face when he received the reaction he wanted from Jungkook who frowned and chucked a pillow at him. He quickly dodged it. “Hah, missed.”

Yoongi snatched a pillow out of Jungkook’s hand before he could throw it and hit him in the face with it instead. “Yah. Cut it out already. This isn’t the damn time for fighting. Jungkook, come on, you know you can trust me, right? I’m your friend. You can tell me stuff.”

“I know. It’s just when Junghoon and I were still going to school together before he moved here to Seoul, people always compared us and the kids in our class preferred him over me. Even after he left, they kept telling me how Junghoon would do things better.” Jungkook let out a long sigh and sat back against the couch. “Work and my video game stuff... Those are the places where I can just be my own person and no one will compare me to him. I just got into the habit of not telling anyone I had a twin because of that. And it’s not because I hate having a twin or hate having him as a brother or whatever, that’s not really the problem. It’s everyone else…”

“You know, Namjoon and I would never do something like that to you,” Yoongi said.

Jungkook smiled slightly. “I know, but couldn’t take any chances.”

Yoongi looked up at Junghoon who hung his head. “Next time, just trust us, okay?”

Jungkook nodded. “Yeah, okay.”

“While we’re here, I think it’s time to tell more secrets now, don’t you think, Jungkook?” Junghoon tilted his head toward his brother as a smirk spread across his face. “You have a lot of interesting secrets to tell him, don’t you?”

Jungkook flushed a bright pink color and shook his head quickly. “No, I don’t… Well, hyung, thanks for stopping by. Glad we got this all sorted out right?” He pulled Yoongi up off of the couch and grinned. “I’ll see you at work then?”

Yoongi frowned. “But—”

Jungkook laughed nervously and pushed Yoongi toward the door. “Text me when you get home, okay, hyung?”

“Uh, okay…”

Jungkook smiled and pushed Yoongi out the door. “Okay, bye. See you later.”

Yoongi opened his mouth to say something only for Jungkook to shut the door in his face. Yoongi frowned and tilted his head in confusion. “That was weird.”

Jungkook leaned against the door to hold it shut until Yoongi left and let out a long sigh. Junghoon snickered and shook his head. “You’re an idiot.”

“Shut up. I don’t want him to know yet,” Jungkook mumbled.

Junghoon rolled his eyes. “It’s been like two years. Just tell him already.”

“No. I’ll tell him when I’m ready.”

“When? When he marries someone else? It’ll be too late at that point.”

Jungkook huffed and ignored his brother and headed straight for his room.

“He’s not going to be available forever, you know,” Junghoon said just before Jungkook shut his room door. Junghoon shook his head. “It’s no wonder he’s never had a relationship.”

 

A week later, everything was mostly back to normal, but Yoongi was still bothered by what was in the fake apology text from Junghoon. He always thought about the possibility of him being Jungkook’s crush but was always let down when Jungkook always ignored his questions about it. Maybe he wasn’t Jungkook’s crush after all. Yoongi arrived at work at the same time Jungkook did and they both stared at the sign on the music department door that read: “Department relocated to the fourth floor.”

Yoongi frowned and looked at their other coworkers who were walking out of the room with their things. “What’s going on?”

“The CEO came by earlier and just told us to move everything to the fourth floor.”

He rose an eyebrow. “When did we get a fourth floor? I thought we only had ground floor to third?”

His coworker shrugged. “Guess he bought a new floor.”

Yoongi and Jungkook exchanged confused glances and went into the room to pack up their things.

“Namjoon’s not here yet,” Yoongi said staring at his desk at the front of the room.

“Should we pack up his things?” Jungkook asked.

“No need. I’m here,” Namjoon’s voice sounded.

They looked up and frowned seeing him enter the room with Junghoon and the three other members of Euphoria behind him.

“Junghoon? What are you guys doing here?” Jungkook asked.

“What? Your CEO didn’t tell you? We got signed under the record company,” said Junghoon.

“Record company?” Jungkook and Yoongi both repeated in confusion.

“Namjoon, what’s going on?” Yoongi asked.

Namjoon sighed as he packed up his things. “Everyone else we worked with here will still be making music for video games. The three of us are now in charge of making Euphoria’s debut album.”

“What?” Jungkook frowned. “But why us?”

“Because we’re the best. Or at least that’s what the CEO said,” Namjoon replied with a shrug. “He wants their debut album to be the best of the best. He’s putting a lot of money into them and their debut. Apparently, he even has plans to hire the best dancers to train them and choreograph for them.”

Yoongi looked up at Junghoon and the three males behind him. “And he didn’t think to tell us beforehand?”

“It happened too suddenly. It’s a shot in the dark. He’s taking a huge risk for this.”

“It won’t be that bad,” Junghoon said. “I promise we’ll be good. Anyway, Yoongi hyung, this is the guys of Euphoria. The short one is Minsun.”

Minsun glared at Junghoon. “Yah, you’re only a centimeter taller than me.”

Junghoon grinned and nudged him. “Hyunwoo is the one who always shows up with a different hair color nearly every week. I like to that he’ll go bald within a year.”

Hyunwoo rolled his eyes and ran his fingers through his dark blue colored hair. “I’ll still look good even if I go bald.”

“And—”

“And I’m Daniel,” he said as he happily walked up to Yoongi and grasped his hand. “It’s nice to finally meet you. Jungkook always talks about you~ So I’ve always wanted to meet you. Plus, I’m a fan of your work. You know, you’re cuter in real life. I can’t believe you’re going to be working on our debut album. What a dream come true~ Are you single?”

“That’s enough, Daniel. You’re scaring him,” said Junghoon.

Daniel blinked and looked at Yoongi who looked up at him with a confused look in his eye and a nervous smile on his face. “Oh, sorry.” He quickly let go of Yoongi’s hand and backed away.

“Um, well, this is Euphoria,” said Junghoon with a smile, “we’re not perfect, but we look forward to working with you guys. Please take care of us.” They all bowed to Namjoon, Yoongi, and Jungkook respectfully.

 

After work, Yoongi sighed as he looked around the studio space that he, Jungkook, and Namjoon set up and fell onto the couch against the wall. “All of this is so overwhelming.”

“But at least we’re getting a fat paycheck,” Namjoon said with a snort as he plugged in one last chord. “I guess we’re done for today then. And then tomorrow…”

“We have to work our asses off to come up with a song,” Jungkook grumbled.

“And we have to make it good… The CEO has high expectations for Euphoria’s debut.”

“Well, it’s a good thing I’m a genius then,” Yoongi bragged with a smirk. Namjoon let out a laugh and shook his head.

“Come on, you two. We should head on out.” Namjoon opened the door to the studio and let Jungkook and Yoongi out. The three of them walked together to the elevator and then down through the first floor. They stepped outside to see Junghoon standing to the side.

Jungkook frowned. “What are you doing out here?”

“Waiting for you. I thought we could walk home together since we work with each other now,” said Junghoon.

Jungkook quickly shook his head. “No. I can’t have people knowing about me. That would be the worst thing.”

“Fine then.” Junghoon glanced at Yoongi and went up to him. “Truth be told, I was actually waiting for you.”

“For me? Why?”

“I was actually hoping we could go out together tonight. It doesn’t have to be a date if you don’t want it to be,” said Junghoon. “I want to make up for last time and I swear that this time I’ll be myself. Obviously.”

Jungkook scoffed softly and pulled on a face mask and pulled down his hat to hide more of his face and walked off without a word. Yoongi stared at Junghoon in shock.

“Um…”

“You don’t have to give me an answer right now. You have my number so, just text me if you decide you want to go out.” Junghoon leaned down by Yoongi’s ear and whispered, “Let’s meet at the club and then we can have fun after that.” Junghoon gave Yoongi’s hand a soft squeeze before walking off.

Still shocked, Yoongi stood there unmoving. Namjoon poked his shoulder. “Uh, hyung, you okay?”

Yoongi flinched and snapped back to reality. “W-What just happened?”

“Junghoon just asked you out… Hyung, when was the last time someone asked you out? You froze up.”

Yoongi flushed. “I haven’t been asked out since university…” He glanced around and frowned. “Where did Jungkook go?”

“He walked off when Junghoon asked you.”

“Oh…”

“What are you going to do? Are you going to go out with him?”

“I...I’m not sure… Should I?”