13. Call

Crossroads
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 13

Call

Lisa's Pov

 

 

Chaeyoung and I decided to spend the afternoon on our favorite ice cream parlor near our school. Jisoo and Jennie were supposed to be with us too but they still have a group project to do. 

 

Chaeng was saying something about one of our professors but I can't comprehend anything. My mind's occupied with something else and I really need someone to talk to about it but... there's no one.

 

I look up to the girl in front of me. She's a good friend and I know I can trust her. But then, what if she won't understand?

 

"...you think?" I heard her say but didn't understand anything.

 

"Hmm?"

 

"You're not listening," she whined in that nasal voice.

 

"Just repeat it again for me. What is it?" 

 

Chaeyoung glared at me but I wasn't scared. I shrugged and ate my ice cream.

 

"Nevermind," she uttered halfheartedly. I laughed at her annoyed face. But that was cut short when we heard the bell ring from the door. We both looked at who entered but they had their backs on us. They look familiar, that's because they're from the same school, Lisa, pabo-yah.

 

I was about to look away when one of them called me. I blinked in surprise upon hearing my own name from the stranger. When I turned to them again, I realized that it was Seulgi and... I don't know who's with her.

 

"Hey..." I trailed as I watched them walk to us. Both of them had beautiful smiles plastered on their faces. Somehow, I felt a tug on my heart seeing them. Then, I knew why. My eyes caught their hands locked in each others.

 

"Hi, nice to see you again," she said upon reaching our table. I saw how she pulled the girl closer to her and how the latter held unto her arm.

 

"Uh yes. Me too. I see you're with someone..." I softly smiled at the girl. She's beautiful, alright. Too beautiful actually, like it's so ethereal.

 

"Oh, by the way, this is Irene. My girlfriend," she said happily. Irene also said hi with such a grateful tone. I smiled at that.

 

"I'm Lisa. And this is Chaeyoung," I keep on smiling but my heart continues to hurt. I don't know.

 

Chaeyoung, although stunned seeing the couple, was friendly enough to offer them a seat but they only stayed for a few minutes. And eventually transfered to another table, not too far from us. Of course, they needed privacy.

 

"They're cool," Chaeyoung said.

 

"Cool?" I asked, confused with her choice of word.

 

"Not everyone could go out like that. So I think they're cool," she explained. She was so cool about it that I stared at her for a moment, trying to get through her mind, and figure out what she really thinks about them.

 

She looked at the couple again and I did the same. They look so happy. Just happy. Pure bliss. And love.

 

"I envy them," Chaeyoung uttered.

 

"Me too," I responded unknowingly.

 

"What are you guys talking about?" we both snapped back to reality after hearing Jisoo spoke from behind me.

 

Were we too busy gaw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter