Coffee Break

This Love Undecagon...


I looked around the room, it was unusually tidy. The covers on Mai’s bed were neatly made up to the last fold. Even our books were piled nicely against the wall, in two respective piles. It’s probably why Renn-unnie and Kass always hang out here. I don’t mind too much really, they’re a fun pair to be with, but sometimes I think Mai does. Mai has to wake up early, and with all four of us in one room... Yeah, you get the picture.
 

Why do Renn-unnie and Kass come to our room to hang out you may ask? For that exact reason. Because our room is tidy. Renn-unnie’s and Kass’ on the other hand... That’s a different story. Renn-unnie has sheet music everywhere; I’m not even sure how she keeps track of her songs. And Kass? Well, from my knowledge she just dumps her things on her bed... and it somehow ends up on the floor. Mai refuses to enter their room, so I guess that’s why Renn-unnie and Kass come into ours.


I still remember the first few days of me moving in. Into the dorm, and at work. Thank gosh Taecyeon was there, or I would have never gotten to my office on time. Oh wait, wasn’t he the one that knocked me over in the first place? Would I have been late if he hadn’t made me drop my things? Nevermind. I can’t deny that he was a good consolation for my tardiness.


And moving into the dorm. If I remember, the first thing Mai asked me was if I was a clean person. It was only later that I found out that she was going to be my roommate. No wonder. She can be intimidating, and she tends to leave questions unanswered. Don’t get me wrong though. Mai’s not a mean person or anything. She can be nice... She’s so pretty, I personally think she needs to smile more.


I’m glad Kass was there when I moved in. It’s pretty nerve racking moving in with strangers, but I found out that Kass had only moved in not long before me. We were the newbies in a way, and Kass just has this bubbly personality where you can’t help but be affected by it. So instead of being nervous, I actually became pretty excited.


And the oldest of us girls? Renn-unnie’s quite the character. I was given a JYPE mini-homepage account in the office and the moment I had opened it on my second day of work it had already been flooded by random messages from her. She also keeps appearing and disappearing so suddenly from I don’t even know where and her timing is always impeccable. It seems that she shows up any time we reference her, or if we, my roommates and 2PM, gather together just like lunch the other day.


This leads me to my next topic of interest: This... thing between Renn-unnie and Jaebeom. Ever since I saw their little interactions in the cafeteria I’ve been intrigued by their... relationship? Wait, are they even in a relationship? I tried asking Mai the other day when Kass unknowingly brought it up, but she just shrugged it off, as usual. I bet she knows something, maybe I could get Kass to help me out. She and her, as Jaebeom would say, conspiracies.


Speaking of which, I’m still trying to get my head around the new vocabulary Kass so secretively taught me. She said if I wanted to “survive” in Korea I needed to know the basics. What was one of them again? Shubo? Shibu? Shoba... maybe I need to revise my vocab with her again. I have been practicing them, mostly at work but I’ve been getting these weird stares from my co-workers. I think the basics in my dictionary are completely different to Kass’.


I definitely need to work on my Korean. Now where did I put my workbook?



 

Renn: Excuse me, our room is not a mess, I happen to know where everything is.

Kass: *sighs* It’s pretty bad unnie.

Taec: Hey, I said I was sorry. Wait, I’m a good consolation for being late? *wiggles eyebrows*

Junho: Hyung, you made Fuu-ssi drop her things?

Taec: What? I said I was sorry.

Jay: What relationship? What are you talking about?

Wooyoung: Yeah hyung, what are they talking about?

Jay: Nothing! … This is a conspiracy!

Renn: ...

Mai: You taught her swears? I thought I said I didn’t want another situation like Junsu’s!

Junsu: What situation?

Kass: I didn’t! They were just... basics.

Khun: Oh yeah. That situation. Thanks Junsu. *sighs*

Junsu: What situation?

Mai: *glares*

Junsu: I’m sorry?

Chansung: *pops even more popcorn in his mouth*

Junsu: But I need more screentime! And why even make my dancing such a big issue? ...Guys?