Chapter viii Part ii

This Love Undecagon...

Fuu sat quietly in the dining area on her laptop, working with the graphics program of her choice. Kass walked past her, and when the younger girl didn’t see a light from Mai and Fuu’s shared room, Fuu assumed that the maknae had assumed that the older girl was still in the practice room back at JYPE. Again the maknae looked around for her own roommate, hoping that she would be home, but not to her, nor Fuu’s surprise, the eldest was nowhere to be seen. Renn was most likely at her studio as she had practically been living there these past few days. It had been a tough week for everyone as the news came in so abruptly. It was almost as if it came at such perfect timing; everyone was light on their wings, only to have the power of flight ripped away from them so cruelly by fate’s hand. Fuu sighed as she leaned back into her seat. The news saddened her as she was a fan of 2PM herself, and she could not begin to imagine how much more awful it was for those who actually knew 2PM personally.


She worried the most for Renn. It seemed, that while nothing was ever explicitly stated, the producer had a close relationship with the former leader, and it was painfully obvious that the loss had taken its toll on her. Granted, Renn was never one who came home when she was working on a special project, she would at least have joined them for lunch or some other gathering. Renn would always be appearing randomly inside the office, leaving random messages on Fuu’s home page, and Fuu wished she could do something in return for her unnie who had welcomed her warmly in her own eccentric way.


The dorm seemed frightfully empty without Mai and Renn, even more so with a silent Kass. The new zombie concept she had been working on for the album cover and other merchandise seemed precisely fitting for 2PM. The clock definitely stopped at 1:59pm for a lot of people.


Fuu focused on Taecyeon’s image again and sighed. Taecyeon had always been so approachable and amiable even with his beastly image on stage, but now there was this dark cloud that hovered over him every time Fuu would see him at the office. She had learned from her roommates that Taecyeon was indeed Jay’s designated best friend, and Fuu’s heart hurt knowing the pains Taecyeon must be going through right now. Everyone’s negative energy just radiated through her screen as she continued to touch up the photos sent for her to work with. Everyone’s eyes were dull and glazed, whether it was in the photoshoot, or live in the office, a dark energy just followed everyone everywhere.


“How did the music video shoot go?” Fuu asked, breaking the silence.


Kass was on the couch staring at her textbook; Fuu knew the maknae wasn’t really studying, Kass hadn’t turned a single page ever since she sat there.


“Tiring. The boys had to shoot the video nonstop. I was beat and I was only there for a few hours of my shift. Everyone was worried someone might get injured, Wooyoung especially, since he was the finale for the video.”


“Mai-ssi is still working with them?” Fuu asked, pushing her laptop away to concentrate on the conversation.


Kass shifted in her seat to face Fuu. “Yeah, I think so. Umma told me she’ll be home late today. I’m surprised she didn’t snap at me, but it was probably because all her focus was on the boys while they shot the dance.” Kass paused. “Has Renn-unnie replied to any of your messages yet?”


Fuu shook her head gravely, Renn had been locked up in her studio working doubly hard on the new album even though she was not the head producer for it. Every time Fuu would ask someone about Renn, no one seemed to know exactly what she was doing or where she was. Whenever Fuu would drop by Renn’s studio, it would be empty, even though the lobby guards would assure her that Renn was in fact inside the studio.


Fuu bit her lower lip as she formed the question that she wanted to ask Kass in her head. Fuu worried it would seem insensitive to ask, but she really wanted to know, and with a large gulp of courage, she voiced out her query.


“Is Taecyeon-ssi okay?”


Kass looked over and nodded glumly. “He’s holding up pretty well. He’s a big strong guy. I think he’ll be okay eventually. You should talk to him.”


Fuu considered this for a moment, before nodding as well. “Maybe I should. Oh, that’s right, Ian-ssi and Renn-ssi are close, right?”


Kass looked up. “Yeah, they went to high school together, that’s what the others say anyway. Why?”


“And Ian-ssi is close with Nichkhun-ssi?”


Kass nodded again, her face showing evidence that she was not following Fuu’s train of thought.

“Well, the next time you see Nichkhun-ssi, maybe we can ask him to ask Ian-ssi to check up on Renn-ssi? Or if he has, then maybe they could at least tell us she’s alright?”


Kass was nodding more enthusiastically now, a smile spreading on her face, “Yeah, I get it now. Maybe you can ask Khun-oppa too, if you get to come by him, he’s really nice, I’m sure he’ll help you too.”


Fuu returned to her work, pulling her laptop closer to her again. She wanted to be able to support 2PM and her roommates as best as she could. She now knew an alternative way to reach Renn, and she was determined to find a way to reach out to 2PM as well. For now, Fuu knew that the best way to do that was to do her job as best as she could.

 



Author's Note: This chapter isn't necessarily written in order. Mai's section probably occured before Kass' -hopefully that wasn't too confusing.