Studio Break

This Love Undecagon...

I counted the steps from the ground floor stairwell up the fourth floor where I lived, or should I say we now? Again and Again has been playing in my head ever since I left the office a few minutes ago. Those repeating digital beats are really addicting... D-flat-D-flat-B-flat-B-flat-F, D-flat-D-flat-F-F-E-flat, D-flat-D-flat-B-flat-B-flat-G-flat, D-flat-D-flat-G-flat-G-flat-E-flat. Those same four meters kept repeating and repeating in my head all the way to the dorm room I now share with three other girls.


Was it really so bold of me to actually ask JYP why Human Resources, herein HR, had decided to put us all together? I really liked my own space, but I guess I have to share it now. I do most of my coursework in the studio so they really won’t be bothering me when I do my homework...what was my point again? Oh...I didn’t have one. Anyway, the Head of HR told me that the only reason he bunked us together was that we were all foreigners and spoke English. Was that it? It was a really simple reason...and a very elegant solution to rooming issues as well. At least Ahjussi was nice enough to get me character profiles- er...basic biographic information on my new roommates.


The first ever roommate I got was Mai Tran, 20, a university student at Howon and Namyong-oppa’s new assistant choreographer. I don’t really have an opinion on her. Seriously I don’t. I think we see each other more at the office than at home. She doesn’t look very friendly, but it never really was an issue with me, she does cook me meals. Jay says she’s pretty strict on the dance floor too, I hope she’s not working the boys too hard. Is that why Jay, Taec, and Khun haven’t been visiting often? Hmm...I’d have to check up on that.

 

The new girls seem nice though. We have Kass Lee, our maknae at 19, university freshmen at Howon, too. She shares a few classes with Junho and Chansung which explains why they know each other. I wonder if the motorcycle outside is hers, I heard the doorman telling me something about it, but I was a little too preoccupied with AAA’s first meter to really pay attention.

 

The newest girl, Huang Fuu Mi, also 19, no wait she’s turning 20 this year, I have yet to meet personally, but her profile had her mini-homepage address on it and I have been flooding her comments section. I wonder if she’s seen them already. She works in advertising- a position had been opened up because one of the older people...died, was it? Or did the old guy retire? I never really knew for sure. I still think she’s a little young for that big a position, shouldn’t she still be in university? Or was she an intern? I’ll have to re-check that info.


Ugh. I can’t get that meter out of my head. Why was the song in D-flat again? Oh right...Junsu and Jay’s vocal range...Speaking of Junsu...I remember seeing him at the last broadcast, how come I haven’t seen him again? He gets so little screentime.


I opened the door to our apartment, it was empty at this time of the afternoon, the other girls would either be at work or school. I passed by the first room- why doesn’t anybody close their doors, is it so Mai and Fuu can show off how neat their room is compared to mine and Kass’? It’s not my fault I have a lot of music sheets and books...I’m a student too...


Speaking of being a student...I have homework to do.

 


 

Jay: As a leader, I need to ask, do you really think in beats? Like, actual notes?

Mai: We never see each other much at home cause you are never at home. Not my fault.

Khun: Mai isn’t that hard on us.

Mai: Thank you.

Taec: Sure, if you compare her to Jinyong-hyung. *ducks from Mai’s hand*

Kass: What motorcycle? Oh, I think you missed umma.

Khun: *whispers* But seriously, it actually is the reason we don’t come by as often anymore. ...Ow!

Fuu: Wait, unnie... he died?!?

Junsu [in dialect]: I do need more screentime. Seriously guys, I’m the lead vocalist!

Taec: Hey...I can sing too!

Wooyoung: That’s okay hyung. Really, please keep it to yourself.

Chansung: *munches on some popcorn*

Jay: Hey, pass me some food.

Chansung: *glares*

Junho: *takes some popcorn from Chansung*

Chansung: *slaps Junho’s hand away*