Chapter xx

This Love Undecagon...

Arriving outside of 2PM’s dorm building, Kass parked her motorcycle around the corner of the building and made her way up to the respective floor 2PM’s dormitory was located on, flashing her ID every now and then towards the security personnel located on the entrance of the building. She was already running late as it was but she received a last minute text from Junho asking her to drop by their dorm and pick up something for him.


Holding her helmet under her left arm, she reached inside the lamp beside the door feeling around for the spare key. She picked it up, not before dropping it on the ground due to the heated piece of metal.


“Out of all the places, they just had to keep the spare key in there?” Kass muttered to herself, annoyed that it nearly burnt her hand.


She bent down and picked up the key in her gloved left hand and inserted the key into the lock. She heard an audible click and opened the door to find a couple dozenpairs of shoes blocking the entrance pathway. She sighed in envy at the amount of shoes the boys owned. She also couldn’t help but feel sorry for the housekeeper who had to clean up after the boys- thank goodness it wasn’t her. She was never one that liked to clean, her shared room proved to be a perfect example for that.


Kicking the shoes to one side, she made her way into Junho and Wooyoung’s shared bedroom in search of the gifts Junho had asked her to retrieve- Junho’s and Chansung’s. They were all going to do Secret Santa in the practice room where 2PM was practicing for the end-of-year shows but it was also going to be a surprise “party” if you may, for one Ok Taecyeon, given the fact that it would be his birthday in a few hours. After all, what better way to celebrate your birthday but with a surprise at midnight.


Spotting two wrapped gifts, she grabbed them both doing just as Junho wanted, go get the gifts on top of the table, he had said. Kass dropped them in her backpack before zipping it up- they were in the same color wrapping paper, Junho would just have to remember which gift was from him, and which was from Chansung. As she turned to leave, Kass couldn’t help noticing how neatly organized Junho’s shared room was and wondered how a guy’s room could be tidier than her’s and her unnie’s. Although she didn’t have much time to ponder it, she needed to be at the JYPE building before midnight and it was already eleven.


Kass still needed to get back to their dorm to help Fuu pick up the birthday cake Mai had baked, which she would’ve done earlier if not for that text from Junho. Since the 2PM dorm was on the way to the office from Coordi’s shop she had agreed to do it, but she had calculated her timing wrong again, as always.


She quickly put her black and white high tops back on and locked the front door. Kass put the key back inside the lamp, this time keeping both her gloves on to prevent herself from burning her fingers again, and made her way down to the ground floor. Strapping her helmet on, she started the engine to her motorcycle and sped off towards home.



Practice had just finished, the boys were taking a well deserved breather and gulping down large amounts of water. Junho looked up at the clock placed on the opposite side of the room- it was nearing midnight and the girls would be arriving any minute. He hoped Kass hadn’t run into any problems grabbing the gifts back at their dorm.


Junho’s phone lit up on his bag as it received a message, and he picked it up to read Kass’ text. She had met up with Fuu at the dorm and they had just arrived at the building and were now at the main entrance. They were on their way up to the practice room and Kass told him to make sure none of them left the room, especially Taecyeon. His thumbs tapped the keyboard on his cell telling her that practice had just finished and that he’d make sure Taecyeon didn’t leave, before hitting the reply button.


A few minutes after he had placed his phone back down on his bag, he spotted Renn at the doorway, seemingly lost as she slowly entered the practice room. She was soon followed in by Fuu and Kass, carrying in a cake with lit candles. He hoped Taecyeon hadn’t spotted them yet, but the tallest seemed to be engrossed in a deep conversation with Chansung, Nichkhun and Mai, who were keeping him preoccupied. Junho saw Renn walk towards the light switch where Junsu was and he gave the older one a thumbs up before signalling the rest of the members and counted down from three, nodding at Fuu and Kass just as he mouthed one.


As soon as the lights were switched off, Taecyeon’s head snapped up as the three people he was talking to backed up, and he could hear his friends singing Happy Birthday, strangely off-key for a group of singers. In the middle of the room, he saw a birthday cake good for ten people being brought towards him by Fuu and Kass, the light from the candles reflecting a soft yellow-orange glow on their faces.


Kass held one side of the cake while Fuu held the other side, and the younger girl nudged the older for both of them to walk over to Taecyeon. Fuu gave her a look but Kass ignored it and lightly pushed her in the birthday boy’s direction. Before Fuu could say anything to Kass she already found herself looking up at Taecyeon, that toothy grin planted on his face, and was at a loss for words.


“HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAEC!” The group shouted in unison as the lights went back on causing Taecyeon to jump up and give a small scream, much to the amusement of his friends.


“For me?” Taecyeon pointed at the cake and Fuu just nodded, searching her brain for a proper sentence to say.


“M-ma-make a wish Taec,” she stuttered, still holding the cake in her hands, not knowing where to put it down.


“There are a lot of things I want to wish for Fuu, but as of right now, I think this is the best wish I could ask for,” Taecyeon winked and Fuu’s cheeks immediately turned red.


“Jeez Taec, one year older and yet you’re as greasy as ever,” Nichkhun commented loudly and Fuu was thankful for the interruption. Taecyeon blew out the candles amidst more cheering, and Nichkhun walked over to where he and Fuu were standing and helped Fuu place the birthday cake down on the table they had brought in. Taecyeon was about to cut the first slice of cake when he was startled by a loud voice, nearly dropping the knife.


“Hyung, your present!” Chansung’s sudden outburst caused the group to go silent.


“What are you talking about Chansung-ah?” Taecyeon shot the maknae a confused look.


“He means Secret Santa Taec.” Taecyeon was still puzzled and Mai sighed as she leaned over to search her bag. “Here.” She approached Wooyoung, her gift in hand as she offered it to him. He was slightly stunned to see Mai standing in front of him and stood there frozen, until Mai shoved the gift into his hands.


“Mai, you can’t just start the exchange like that.” Fuu rushed over to Mai and Wooyoung and pulled them both by the sleeves towards the center of the room. “Everyone get your gifts so we can do this properly,” she announced.


Following Fuu’s instructions, 2PM and the girls grabbed their gifts and took seats on the floor, positioning themselves in a circle at the center of the practice room.


Wooyoung realized he was next and he placed the gift on his lap before scrambling in his bag for his own. Finding the only gift-wrapped item in his bag, he pulled it out and leaned across to pass it over to the maknae who was sitting next to Junho before Fuu stopped him once more.


“Wooyoung-ah, you have to open your gift first before you give yours to your Secret Santa.”


“Oh.” He sat back down, putting his gift by his side and picking up the gift Mai had given him. He had only begun to open the wrapping before Mai spoke up from her seat next to Nichkhun.


“Your turn now, who’d you get?” Wooyoung looked up in surprise, and Mai nodded to Chansung, who seemed eager to receive his gift.


“Ah...Oh. Right,” he said, caught off guard by all the interruptions. “Here you go Chansungie.” He passed the gift over to the maknae who immediately tore off the wrapping paper. “So you can stop using me as your human pillow, and DON’T eat it. It’s just in the shape of a banana, that doesn’t mean it is one.” Chansung smiled and leaned over to give Wooyoung a playful shove on the shoulder, with Wooyoung comically rolling onto his side.


The rest of the group joined Chansung as he laughed at the action, and Wooyoung rolled back into his seat with a smile. The maknae turned to Kass, who he remembered had gotten his and Junho’s gifts from their dorm. “Hey Kass, can you get-”


“Got it! Thanks Channie!!” Kass exclaimed, already tearing open the wrapping paper and pulling out something that was a cross between a beanie with sheep ears and a scarf with hand warmers. She knew it was hers because of the large “Kass” written in black marker. She knew it was from Chansung because the smaller box was from Junho...it did say “from Junho” on the card.


Chansung and Junho’s eyes both widened significantly as Kass opened her present and the two of them exchanged alarmed glances. Panicked, Junho leaned into Chansung’s side slapping his arm once and mouthing unintelligible words.


“What’s going on?” Both Chansung and Junho looked up to see several odd looks directed their way, and Nichkhun seemed strangely amused as he added, “What are you two up to this time?”


“Nothing,” they both answered quickly. They turned towards Kass, but she was already too excited from her received gift, and the one she was going to give away to hold a covert conversation with.


Kass pulled out a paper bag turned to the boy beside her, passing it to him. “Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas Taec-oppa!” she said with a cheery smile as Taecyeon reached inside the bag to pull out a black and yellow cap that had a pacman print on the front of it. He gasped in surprise, smiling as he put the cap on his head and he posed repeatedly for Nichkhun and Junsu’s cameras.


“That hat...” Renn started. “Why do I have a feeling you’re going to abuse its color combination possibilities? Please tell me you’re over being a human traffic light.”


There was an eruption of snorts and giggles around the circle as Taecyeon merely grinned ear to ear. “Thanks Kass.” He patted the girl on the head, then tugged at the animal ears on her beanie from Chansung.


“Chansung-ah, what is this even supposed to be?” Chansung stopped his silent argument with Junho for a moment, trying to scramble up a description of the gift he didn’t even get.


“Uh... it keeps both your head and your hands warm?” the maknae replied hesitantly, his eyes flashing towards Junho for a brief moment.


“Taec-hyung, you’re next,” Junho interjected before Chansung was put under any more questioning. “Give your present to your Secret Santa.”


“Oh, right!” Taecyeon pulled out a wrapped gift and leaned past a few people to hand it over to the girl sitting by Junsu. “Fuu, Merry Christmas.”


She took it with a shy smile and unwrapped it slowly. “Thank... you I guess?” Fuu’s expression was a cross between confusion and surprise. “I don’t...” She tilted her head to the side, trying to make sense of the print on the white shirt.


“Get it?” Taecyeon finished off, waggling his eyebrows. Fuu shook her head as Nichkhun and Kass were already in a fit of laughter after reading what was on the shirt, and Mai sighed in a mixture of amusement and disapproval.


“Um, don’t you have to give your present now?” Taecyeon quickly said, dodging Mai’s gaze and trying to cover up for his embarrassment. How could the girl not get it? he thought to himself.


“Oh...” Still confused, Fuu reached out and took a box from next to her and turned to give it to the boy sitting next to her. “This is for you, I know how you like these so much,” she told the Thai.


Nichkhun’s smile never left his face as he took the lid off the box and gently he pulled out a tan fedora and settled it on his head. “How do I look?” he asked as Junsu snapped a few more shots of him in his new hat.


“Very sharp Khun-hyung,” Wooyoung commented from the opposite side of the circle. “The hat I mean,” he added, to the laughter of his friends.


Nichkhun smirked at the comment as he took his present and prepared to toss it over to Junsu, but he changed his mind and scooted over to him, giving his hyung a pat on the back and a hug before handing him his present. “I love you,” he said teasingly as he pressed the gift into Junsu’s welcoming hands.


Junsu was laughing the whole time he unwrapped his present and he immediately hung the scarf around his neck. He didn’t waste any more time as he was excited to give his own gift to his Secret Santa.  “My present’s a little large,” he said offering his hand to the person seated next to him. “The person I got is Renn.”


Renn stared back at him and Junsu grabbed her hand and pulled her towards the large panda plushie with a red ribbon on its neck sitting on a couch at the other end of the room. “Merry Christmas Renn.”


The producer stared wide-eyed at the giant panda staring back at her. “Oppa...this is a really big present. Thanks,” she beamed up at him, taking the panda’s hand and shaking it. She already had her other gift in hand, and without further prompting, she walked up to Junho, dragging the panda with her. With an outstretched arm she ed the present towards his face before resuming her seat and wrapping her arms around the panda as she leaned against it.


Junho narrowed his eyes at the humongous panda Renn was now hugging, but he quickly recovered and smiled as he thanked his noona for the gift. Putting his attention on the package in his hands, he tore off the wrapping to find a bold looking tee, a male figure colored in black and yellow taking up the front. Yellow was the main coloring of the shirt, with splashes of red and baby blue here and there with NYC printed near the bottom. With his focus on the gift, Junho only vaguely heard the chatter going on around him and tuned back in to catch the end of Kass’ sentence.


“-Junho’s present for you umma.”


His eyes widened but before he could protest, Mai had already unwrapped the gift, and the cheering and teasing erupted instantaneously.


“Umma! It’s so sparkly!” Kass cried out out, clasping her hands in delight.


“Um...” Mai held the key chain up as she examined it more closely.


“What is she supposed to do with that?” Wooyoung asked, and from the look on Mai’s face, it seemed that he had voiced out her thoughts as well.


“It looks like Junho’s marking his territory,” Taecyeon commented, wiggling his eyebrows for effect.


Junho was already up on his knees and about to maul Taecyeon to the ground if not for Chansung holding onto his arm. “Junho, calm down,” he whispered.


Junho looked helpless as Fuu, Kass, and all the other guys fussed over the crystal bag charm he did not get for Mai. He slumped to the floor as Taecyeon and Nichkhun made crazy assumptions to his intent. Assumptions that were only partially correct.


“Uh, thanks? I guess,” Mai said as she eyed her gift curiously.


Suddenly, the door to the practice room opened, and four heads poked right in, the members of 2AM quickly surveying the room before plunging right through. “Yah, how come we weren’t invited?!” Seulong asked loudly, making his way towards the gift exchange circle in the middle of the room.


“At least they didn’t eat the cake yet!” Jinwoon beamed, skipping over to the red and green frosted cake and dipping his finger in to taste the icing


“Yah, Jinwoon-ah. Hands off!” Mai called at the 2AM maknae who merely smiled, his eyes disappearing as he swiped at the cake, dipped his finger into his mouth and ran towards the other side of the room away from the choreographer.


While the room was momentarily occupied- Kwon was demanding Junsu to take pictures of him with everybody else, Changmin was asking Mai for the cake and icing recipe, and the others were just generally goofing around, Junho took this opportunity to take Chansung and Kass aside for a short moment.


He pulled both by the arm and eyed them angrily, Kass especially. “You are in so much trouble.

 


A quick index of gifts.

> Chan
> Kass
> Taec
> Fuu
> Khun
> Su
> Renn
> Ho
> Mai

 

[a/n]: sadly my co-authors are all deep in the abbyss...and I can't seem to find them. Updates will be far and few in between, but they will come =) -staticdream