Fate

Soul Searching
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo have already left and Mina was still in the coffee shop waiting for Sana and Tzuyu. The two texted her to wait for them. She doesn't have any clue on what's going on but she just said okay. It's Sana and Tzuyu anyways, she's used to them being weird and random.

"How's my baby penguin?" Sana said excitedly and was about to hug Mina but Mina shoo her away. Tzuyu was following her behind completely embarrassed.

"After I babied you this is what I get?" Sana whined jokingly. Just like with Tzuyu, there are only times where she could get clingy to Mina and that depends on Mina's mood. 

"What are you two doing here anyways?" Mina asked.

"Hanging out. Let's go to the mall!" Sana said enthusiastically. "Calm down we still need to wait for Momo Unnie" Tzuyu said. 

'Momo' Mina froze on her seat as soon as she heard that name. It can't be right? Maybe it's a different Momo.

"Oh right, you didn't know who is Momo Unnie yet. She's Sana unnie's bestfriend from Japan. She's also her housemate here" Tzuyu explained.

"Oh.. Is that so?" Mina being a good actress, acted like she's not interested but her heart is pounding right now. It can't be Momo.

"Hi! Am I late?" A very familiar voice asked. Mina can't help but look away. She just don't know how to react.

"No, you are not. We just arrived also. Anyways this is Mina, Tzuyu's cousin" There it is, Mina can't escape now. Mina looked up and see Momo shocked for a moment but gave her a warm smile.

"Hi Mina, I'm Momo" She introduced herself politely without leaving that smile on her face.

"Nice to meet you Momo" Mina can't help but smile too. 

---

"Hey.." Momo whispered trying to get only Mina's attention. She let Sana and Tzuyu walk in front of them and waited for Mina.

"Hey.." Mina responded with a small smile.

"Missed me?" Momo playfully wiggled her eyebrows which made Mina laughed.

"You know this don't you?" Mina looked at her suspiciously.

"Eh? Know what?" 

"That I'm Sana's friend. That's why you are so sure that we will see each other again" Mina said bluntly. If Momo really knew that this is gonna happen she would cut her off within a blink of an eye. Mina doesn't have time to play.

"Seriously? Didn't you see how shocked I was? Sana just told me to hangout with her and Tzuyu. That's all what she said. I didn't know that you will be there" Momo explained.

For some reason, Mina felt relieved. She felt that she could really trust Momo. But there is a part of her that says 'Don't get too close'

"If you don't believe me then fine, I'll leave you alone" Momo said which made Mina snapped back out of her thoughts. 

Momo walked past by her. Mina wanted to stop her. She wanted to say sorry but she can't. She just can't. It's like she have lost her voice. 

"Where do you think you're going you ugly raccoon?" Sana just literally hooked her arm on Momo's neck headlocking her. Mina stood there amused. It's the first time she have seen Momo whined like a kid.

"I'm going home!" Momo said trying to get out of Sana's arm but stopped once she realized that one wrong move she'll choke to death.

"No. You are not going anywhere. You promised me that you'll hang out with us tonight!" Sana said which Momo doesn't have the power to argue. She indeed promised Sana that she'll hangout with them but just her and Tzuyu. Mina is not a part of the plan. How could she face Mina after her outburst?.

"Fine" 

Momo stayed beside Sana the whole time. She didn't even bother to look at Mina. Why even bother though? The girl doesn't want to see her. She's not mad, just upset. She was so happy to see Mina but the latter accused her for something that she didn't even do.

Mina on the other hand felt guilty. She didn't mean to accuse Momo but the thing is, a lot of her admirers have done it before. She's having trust issues that she forgot that Momo is way different from them. Momo is...she's...special.

"I know that you are not good with people but I didn't know that you are THAT worst. What did you even do to make Momo unnie so upset?" Tzuyu nudged her. 

"I said something wrong" Mina confessed. There's no point of denying anyways. 

Mina and Tzuyu tend to be straight forward. Their approach might be different but their words cuts deep. Mina is the kind of person who barely speak but once you get into her nerves it's either she drop you instantly or she slap you with hurtful truths that will make you voluntarily walk out of her life. 

Tzuyu on the other hand, serves you the truth, Good or bad. Whether you ask for it or not. She just can't lie.

"Well you better apologize. Momo unnie is a great friend" Tzuyu said as she nudged Mina. 

"Sana Unnie, I forgot to buy something please come with me. Order us some food! We'll be back" Tzuyu said as she dragged Sana away leaving them alone. 

Momo wanted to protest but it's already too late, Sana and Tzuyu are already far from them and they are already in front of the restaurant. Momo sighed as she gestured Mina to go inside.

Waiting for the food is definitely a torture. Mina is a well mannered lady who knows how to say sorry when she's wrong but the thing is, Momo is clearly upset and Mina being Mina, doesn't really know how to cheer the girl up.

Mina grabbed her bag and was about to get her phone to text Tzuyu,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter