2: The Fox and The Rose

Soul Searching
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina have always like the coffee shops. The smell of freshly brewed coffee, the cosy ambiance, the not so, crowded place. Mina recently found this place owned by Sana's friend, Jihyo.

"Coffee Caramel for Myoi" Jihyo smiled as she served the coffee to Mina. 

"Thank you" Mina said shyly.

"You are here to clear your mind aren't you?" Jihyo said bluntly which made Mina caught off guard. 

"Well, most people who came here alone are those problematic people who don't drink alcohol" Jihyo gave her a warm smile. 

"Alcohol makes you forget but Coffee wakes you up from reality"

Mina doesn't like this. She felt so exposed. She used to be a mystery to everyone but all of the sudden, it seems like everyone can read her.

"Hey, I'm already your friend. You can always talk to me if you need someone. I'll get back to work now. Just call me if you need anything" Jihyo said and left.

'It's not that easy' Mina wanted to say. 

"Wow, You are so pretty" A girl said as she stared at her. Mina looked down shyly but quickly covered her shyness by being cold.

"It's rude to stare" She told the girl.

"I know. But you are so beautiful, yet empty" The girl said and sat in front of her. 

'beautiful, yet empty' 

This is the first time someone described her that way and this is really the first time someone described her perfectly. It's like this stranger just knew her inside out. 

"I'm sorry but I wanted to be alone" She said as polite as she can eventhough this girl is getting on her nerves.

"And that's why you are empty. You always wanted to be alone" The girl smiled at her. And that moment, Mina felt that. The warmth of that smile, the sincerity. Is it even possible to feel someone's smile? Mina doesn't know anymore.

"Here, sorry to bother you. I just wanted to give you this" The girl said and handed Mina a fox plush. Mina was confused but just accepted the plushie.

"The Rose should never be alone" She once again smiled at Mina but this time she stood up and started to walk away.

Mina doesn't know why but her instincts told her to follow the girl and she did. The girl went to an empty dance studio just across the street.

"It's rude to stare" The girl teasingly said as soon as she noticed that Mina followed her. 

"I'm not staring" Mina denied. No, she's not staring. No, she didn't notice the girl's thin lips, no, she didn't notice the mole on her nose or the perfect shape of her body. No, she's NOT staring.

"What's your name?" The girl asked as she motioned Mina to sit beside her on the floor.

"Mina. You?" 

"Momo" 

There's a lot of questions on Mina's mind that she wanted to ask Momo but is it okay? It's been a while since she have interacted with someone other than Tzuyu and Sana for more than 5 minutes.

"Do you live nearby?" Momo asked.

"Yes" Short answer, direct to the point.

"If that's so, meet me after my dance class. 6pm at the park"

"And why would I do that?" Mina raised an eyebrow.

"Because you might get bored if you wait here"

"Who that said I'll wait for you?"

"They why are you here?"

That's also her question. What the hell is she doing here? She's never been like this. And it's just so weird.

--

"Mina, let's stop this" 

"Okay"

"Mina your ex is my friend. We can't be together"

"Did I ever say I wanted us to be together?" There's a silence. Mina's heart was breaking. She didn't mean to hurt anyone. This girl in front of her is one of those precious people she have ever met. She's a nice friend. Mina won't lie, she wanted more than that but it can't be.

"You said you love me.." The girl said embarrassed. "And now you wanted me to love you?" Mina just can't take it. They always run to her whenever they are lonely, alone or bored but whenever they are okay, they can't even check up on her. 

"Didn't you said that you love me too?... Hyprocrite..." 

"Hey, did you wait too long?" Momo's voice snapped Mina out of her thoughts.

"No" This is why Mina wanted to be alone. She just can't control the monster inside her. Whenever she remembers something from her past she instantly became cold.

"Hey, Didn't Mr. Fox cheered you up?" Momo said as she grabbed the plushie beside Mina and started to make it 'dance'.

"You are weird" Mina rolled her eyes. But honestly it did cheered her up a little bit. 

"Tell me something about yourself" Mina said which made Momo raised an eyebrow but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter