New Trend

The Strongest Bond

 

“What if they come for me? And take me away.” Sehun whispered into the darkness after they had gotten into bed that night.

Jongin pulled Sehun into his arms, locking his strong arms around him, trying to turn into a protective wall that separated Sehun from the big, bad world. Jongin held him tight.

“We'll convince them to let us be together. I'll protect you. I won't let them tear us apart.” Jongin whispered into Sehun's ear, squeezing him a little for reassurance.

“And since we don't even know when or if they will come, let's just not think about it. It won't do any good anyway. Let's just enjoy every day we have together and cross that bridge when we get there.” Jongin suggested, and planted a tiny little kiss on Sehun's nose. Sehun giggled and snuggled up to him.

Jongin decided to listen to his own wisdom. It was good advice. He was not going to worry.

 

Jongin patted Sehun's back until Sehun fell fast asleep. He was so cute. Jongin was getting used to sharing his bed with Sehun every night. Looking at his pretty, sleeping face, Jongin got a pang in his gut. He couldn't loose him. He wouldn't. No way! If they were going to try and get Sehun, they had to go through him first.

But.. what if it was really easy for them to get through him?

 

 

Jongin had hardly slept a wink all night. Yawning, he gave up on trying to sleep and sat up in the bed. He reached for his phone, but it wasn't on the nightstand. Again.

It lay on the floor. Again.

He jumped up and fetched it, making sure that it was alright. Thankfully it was.

“Sehun-aaah.” he sang sweetly, waking little mister sleeping beauty up. Sehun had slept like a baby all through the night.

“Mmh... five more minutes.” Sehun murmured and the other side.

“Sehun, did you throw my phone on the floor?” Jongin asked to confirm his suspicions.

“Yeah.. your phone malfunctioned again.” Sehun mumbled, still half-asleep.

“What do you mean malfunctioned?” Jongin examined his phone carefully.

“It was beeping relentlessly, it just wouldn't stop... maybe there's some issue with the battery, I dunno...” Sehun finally got up, his face so puffy that Jongin just wanted to pinch his cheeks.

“That was the alarm. It's supposed to beep, so we wake up at the right time and aren't late for school.” he explained.

“School!” Sehun cheerfully exclaimed, shaking off the morning grogginess and getting dressed, smiling with excitement. Jongin wasn't all that thrilled over how happy Sehun was to go to school and have all those other students idolizing him.

 

They were so late that they ran the whole way to school, Sehun complaining every step of the way, not really getting why being on time was so important.

 

Oh no.

The teacher was already out on late-patrol, hunting the poor souls who where unlucky enough to oversleep, making them pay for their mistakes.

“Ah-ah! Boys!” the teacher noticed them trying to sneak past him. Rats.

He stared at Sehun's trousers, speechless.

“Heh heh.. yeaaah, he had a growth spurt this summer.” Jongin lied in a lame attempt to explain why Sehun's school pants only reached down half his calves.

“Do 50 push-ups!” the teacher ordered them, pointing them into a corner with his stick.

Sehun's lower lip started quivering.

“But.. but... the phone malfunctioned...” Sehun attempted the biggest pout ever, objecting to this unfair treatment of them, since it was clearly not their fault, but the phone's. Jongin shook his head, sighing. It wasn't like every student who had ever been late hadn't tried every single excuse on the face of the planet before, without luck. The teachers never cared and just punished them anyway. It was better just to get it over with.

The teacher stared at Sehun for a moment, and then lowered his stick.

“Aww... maybe one is plenty.” the teacher caved inexplicably and made Jongin do one push-up, letting Sehun go scot-free. How did Sehun do it?

 

Just before they entered the classroom, Jongin fished a sweat band out of his pocket, putting it on his head, making sure it covered the center of his forehead.

“Are you embarrassed by your mark?” Sehun gasped dramatically.

“Uuuhm... so.... you know... the mark is great and all that... but because you've got one... and I've got the exact same one... people might think we're a couple.” Jongin quietly explained.

“But we are a couple.” Sehun answered, his eyebrows all wrinkled as his brain worked overtime to try and understand Jongin's point of view, not having much luck.

“Yeah but.. we're both guys... men, you know... so...” Jongin pursed his lips and let the sentence trail off.

“So?” Sehun persisted.

“You didn't get a little bit of a shock when you found out your soulmate was a guy?” Jongin bit his lower lip. “For me.. it took some getting used to.” he added, not sure he was completely used to it yet.

“Exorians have no genders, everyone is just a person. And all persons are equally important and beautiful.” Sehun nodded to emphasize how true his words really were.

Jongin sighed and entered the classroom with the sweat band on. What he saw made his jaw fall on the floor and bounce several feet away.

All the kids in the class had blue diamonds painted on the middle of their forehead.

Sehun had started a trend.