Old MacJongin Had a Farm

The Strongest Bond

 

Jongin tried to fight Sehun's warm, cuddly feelings that seemed to travel through that invisible bond between them, entering through his palm and traveling up his arm and into his chest, heading straight for his heart. It was no use. He couldn't hold on to his panicked frustration, for Sehun's feelings continually calmed him down and made him feel good, like everything was going to be okay. Those Exorian feelings were some strong stuff.

In the end, Jongin stopped fighting it. Either way, nothing was getting solved today. No matter how much he freaked out, the mark remained on his forehead and the invisible connection he had with Sehun only grew stronger. He had no idea what to do, so right now his strategy was to do nothing.

Jongin was just going to deal with the problems as they popped up, one by one, and in the meanwhile, life went on and the animals still needed feeding. The farm was his responsibility while his father was away. It was time for his mind to return back to Earth, he had a life here that needed tending to.

 

“I'm going to feed the animals, do you want to come help me or do you want to watch cartoons?” he asked Sehun, silently wishing he would pick cartoons. Jongin needed some alone time to think.

Sehun looked hesitant, but in the end he chose cartoons as if he could sense that Jongin wanted him to.

Relieved, Jongin geared up and headed to the stables with an overzealous Monggu who ran off, chasing birds off the property like he was a big shot guard dog, as if he had forgotten completely his failure to protect them from an alien invasion.

The moment Jongin left the house, something didn't quite feel right. With every step his chest got tighter, like something was pulling on it, pulling on his heart. He was too young to have a heart attack, he hoped. At first it was just a faint feeling of discomfort, but the further he walked, the worse it got. He could feel pearls of sweat pop out on his almost feverish forehead, and he started feeling a bit dizzy.

“Are you okay?” Sehun came running after him. Had he sensed that he was feeling under the weather?

“I think I'm coming down with something.” Jongin said, but realized that he suddenly felt much, much better. The pain in his chest was gone and his breathing wasn't labored anymore. Weird. Whatever it had been, it had passed. He knew the sensible thing would be to go see a doctor, but the easier thing was to just ignore it and hope it never happened again.

 

Oh well, since Sehun was already here, he could at least earn his keep and help him with the chores, Jongin thought, not at all disappointed to have been robbed of his alone time.

 

“Let's start with the goats.” Jongin decided, since Sehun liked cute things, and headed to the goat shed.

The moment Jongin opened the gate, the goats came running over to greet them. Sehun yelped and hid behind Jongin, attaching himself to his back. Jongin laughed heartily. That silly alien.

“What is this tiny scary being?” Sehun whimpered.

“They're goats. They're harmless... or well, sometimes they bite.” Jongin chuckled.

“They're plotting something...” Sehun whispered into Jongin's ear, like he didn't want the goats to hear him.

“Don't be scared. They're really cute, see.” Jongin giggled, picking Pippa up. She was the tiniest, and Jongin's favorite. Her mother rejected her at birth and she was so small that for the longest time they didn't think she would make it, but she was a tough nugget. She got picked on by the other goats for being so small, so they had raised her back at the house for the first few months, much to Monggu's dismay. She had bossed him around like there was no tomorrow. But Jongin loved her with all his heart, and had looked out for her ever since.

Jongin turned around with Pippa in his arms. “This is Pippa. She's the princess of the lot. Try petting her.” he grinned. Sehun jumped back, and just kept backing up until he reached the fence, jumping over it to safety. Jongin burst into a fit of laughter. What a scaredy-cat. It was only too cute.

 

“Try feeding them!” Jongin told Sehun, who watched alarmed as the goats flocked towards him, the fence the only thing separating them.

Sehun took the longest straw he could find, it was almost a meter long, and poked it between the bars of the fence, careful too keep his distance so the goats couldn't get at him. His face was all scrunched up, with a fearful, cringy expression. Jongin just wanted to pinch Sehun's cheeks, he was so idiotically cute.

One of the smaller goats got a hold of the other end of the straw, which made Sehun squeal and throw the straw at it, backing up even more. Yet he was curious enough to hang around, not going too far, keeping a watchful eye on the goats.

Jongin could hardly control himself with laughter. It was one of the funniest things he had ever seen.

“But wait, can't you understand them and speak to them with your universal thingamajiggy?” Jongin asked between bouts of laughter.

“Yeah, that's why I'm so scared.” Sehun frowned.

“What are they saying?” Jongin asked, curious.

“You don't want to know. They're weird.” Sehun shook his head, slightly freaked out.

“You're not weird, are you girl.” Jongin spoke in baby talk to Pippa, scratching her under the chin. She loved that. She thanked him with a cute little “Baa.”.

“Ha ha! Look at that one!” Sehun pointed at a feisty baby goat that was clumsily jumping in circles, energetically springing about. Sehun chuckled, forgetting for a moment to be scared.

“This looks fun.” Sehun giggled, trying to copy the baby goat's moves from a safe distance, jumping around. It completely broke the cute-scale. It was hands down the cutest thing Jongin had ever seen. He looked so silly. This tall, majestic, handsome being from outer space was jumping in circles like a little toddler, full of pure, innocent joy.

“Try it! Try it!” Sehun urged Jongin to join in. Jongin shook his head, shy and self-conscious. It was too silly.

“No really, try it! It's really fun. Come on!” Sehun jumped around.

Jongin bit his lower lip. Hesitantly, he did this tiny little jump, feeling so silly he wished the ground would swallow him whole. But Sehun was right. It was kind of fun. The goats started getting excited as well, Sehun's childlike charm infecting everyone.

A few moments later, Jongin was jumping around like an idiot, having the time of his life.