Friday Morning

The Strongest Bond

 

The alarm went off.

7 AM.

Time for school.

“Five more minutes.” Jongin murmured, hitting the snooze button and hugging the covers tighter. Huh. The covers were bulkier and firmer than normal. As he slowly regained consciousness, he realized those weren't no covers he was hugging. It was a person!

He forced his heavy eyelids open, looking right at the gorgeously peaceful face of a fast asleep Sehun. Ah. So it hadn't all been a dream. His stomach churned. He really did have a visitor from outer space, and not only in his house, but in his bed. In his arms!

Jongin curiously traced every inch of Sehun's face with his eyes. Sehun's strong eyebrows that had never looked more relaxed, his pretty eyelashes, his strong nose, cute lips and magnificent V-line jaw. Jongin took it all in. He really was a work of art. His pale skin was smooth as a baby's bottom, not a blemish in sight, except for a single birthmark on the side of his neck.

The alarm started buzzing again.

If he didn't get out of bed right now, he'd be late. But they were all tangled together, so if he moved, he would wake Sehun up. He didn't want to wake him up. He looked so peaceful. Like a little kid, free from worry, enjoying the blissful ignorance before he discovered how crappy the world really was.

Sleeping beauty.

His phone vibrated. It was the extra emergency alarm his dad had set to go off every day after he had snoozed his alarm to death. It tended to happen most mornings, he wasn't really a morning person.

Now he really was late.

He attempted to move really slowly, starting to untangle himself with great finesse, but Sehun just held on to him tighter. It was like quicksand, the more he moved the more stuck he got.

“Sehun?” he whispered. Sehun pulled his lips into a pout, scrunching his nose. Not wanting to deal with the day just yet, Sehun crawled closer, burying his face into Jongin's shoulder. Jongin's skin became all tingly, the butterflies continuously tickling his gut.

“I'm late. I really have to go to school. If I don't, I'll get in trouble.” Jongin said softly into Sehun's ear.

“Mmmkay.” Sehun yawned.

“Ooh! I've never been to Earth school before.” his eyes popped open, an excited grin appearing on his face.

“You can't come with me.” Jongin told him, wriggling loose and getting up.

“Aaaaaaw, why?!” Sehun got up in the bed in order to be able to fold his arms in a more dramatic way.

“It's dangerous for you. You can't be discovered. And I'm telling you, high school students are brutal. I'm doing this for your own good.” he said in an authoritative voice, trying to sound convincing. He needed him to listen to him, just this once.

Sehun pouted, lowering his eyebrows with discontent.

“Hey, come on! I let you sleep in my bed. You got that one. You've got to give me this one. Just stay home, okay. I won't even be gone that long.” he pleaded, out of options.

Sehun sighed deeply. “Okay.” he said in a melancholic tone and let himself fall back down onto the bed like the world was ending.

Jongin got a pang of guilt for some inexplicable reason, even though he knew he was doing the right thing. He felt bad leaving him behind, but it wasn't like he could just show up at school with this random boy, who had no idea how to act as a human being, and couldn't even lie. There was no way.

“Hey, you can check out your spaceship in the barn, and take another crack at fixing it.” he said overly cheerfully, trying to make it sound like a fun and interesting alternative.

 

Leaving Sehun and Monggu behind, both whining, he ignored his aching heart and headed for school. He was going to get scolded for being late, but that was the least of his problems today. All the way to school he thought about Sehun and what to do about him. Where was this Exor solar system and how were they going to get him back there? Was there no one looking for him, did no one miss him? Was he really stranded here, with no way of getting home?

 

Sweaty from doing fifty push-ups as punishment for being late, he let himself fall into his chair by the window. Not bragging or anything, but he was pretty popular at school, so he had gotten first pick of seats at the start of the school year, so he picked the window seat in the back row. Instead of following the lesson, he glanced outside. He was very accustomed to the view, knowing every inch in excruciating detail, to the extent that he was almost sick of it, since he spent hours every day looking at it. But today, it was different.

He gasped.

Sehun was standing in the middle of the football field, looking up at the school building. He would recognize that slender, blonde idiot anywhere. How had he gotten here? Had he followed him? He could see the students in the window row start to notice him. It wouldn't be long until the rest of the students would get curious too, crowding in front of the windows, wanting to know who that new, ridiculously handsome boy was.

It was a small town, not much happened here, ever, so this would be big news for just about everyone and the news would travel like fire through a field in the dry season. No, he couldn't let that happen. It wouldn't be long until they would realize there was something not quite right with that boy, and he would end up locked up in some top secret research facility where he would be poked and prodded. No. Not on his watch.

What to do? Any moment now, those who had PE for first period would be coming out on to the field, running into Sehun. He shot up out of his seat, but instantly realized he had made a mistake. All eyes in the room were staring at him. Way to keep a low profile, he silently told himself off.

“Yes?” the teacher raised her eyebrow, visibly not in the mood for any funny business.

“OUCH, OH, AUW! IT HURTS!” Jongin grabbed his stomach, overacting his off.

“Oh dear. You'd better go see the nurse.” the teacher told him, concerned. Sweet. It had worked. He started stumbling theatrically towards the door.

“Minji, him, will you?” she asked a nerdy girl in the front.

“No, no! I can go by myself.” he waved his hand frantically. He was screwed if she insisted Minji should go with him. She was a total teacher's pet. If she discovered he was faking it, she would most definitely nark on him to the teacher and then it would be all over.

“Are you sure?” the teacher asked skeptically.

“Mmhm.” he gave her a painful nod.

“Well, alright. Hurry up, then. I hope you feel better.” she told him and resumed the lecture.

Phew.

 

“You!” he yelled at Sehun as he ran towards him. “I thought I told you to stay put!” he scolded him as he grabbed his sleeve and pulled him along, hoping no one would notice them. Thankfully, Sehun had had the sense to put his clothes on, the only problem was that his clothes were tight, alien overalls that stood out like a neon sign.

“What happened to working on the spaceship?” he asked him, annoyed.

“Uuuuhm... I think I may have just made it worse.” Sehun gave him a sheepish smirk, chuckling feebly.

“What? Aren't you supposed to be like this amazing alien? Superior race and all that? You can travel through space, but you can't even fix a tiny glitch in your ship?” Jongin asked, frustrated.

“He he... I'm not very good at fixing things... but I'm very good at breaking them!” he smiled proudly.

“Yeah, that doesn't help.” Jongin sighed.

At least now he had some time to interrogate Sehun, he had too many unanswered questions burning in his chest. He needed answers and he needed them now.