Chemistry

The Strongest Bond

 

“I've decided I'm going to believe you, that you're a being from outer space.” he said, determined. “Welcome to Earth.” he gave him a slight bow.

“Yay. Thanks!” Sehun was overjoyed.

“So, what other powers do you have?” he shifted positions, going into full gossip mode.

“Other? Other than what?” Sehun had an empty expression on his face, having no clue what he was talking about.

“When you stopped me from calling the cops.” Jongin said impatiently. He had so many questions. A real life Kal-El had crashed in his backyard almost. He couldn't wait to find out about his superpowers and help him become a real life superhero. He crossed his fingers that he could do something cool like fly, have super strength, move things with his mind, X-ray vision,.. No wait, maybe not X-ray vision. Nobody wanted to be the roommate of that superhero.

“I just grabbed your hand?” Sehun shrugged.

“Egh no, you didn't just grab my hand.” Jongin retorted, frustrated.

“I didn't?” Sehun's eyes grew two sizes.

“No! You know what you did! You influenced me, you gave me a dose of something, it had a similar effect to laughter gas or pot or something, making me carefree and suggestive, making it easier to get me to back off.” he explained, a bit worked up.

“Hmm. But I didn't mean to do that. Huh. I didn't think I had any powers?” he scratched his head.

“Yeah, you do. See. Try it again.” Jongin urged him, pulling up his sleeve and putting his forearm on the table in front of him for easy access.

Unsure, Sehun slowly reached his hand out. “Just like this?” he wrinkled his eyebrows, wanting to do it right.

“Yeah, yeah. Just put it on top of mine.” Jongin rushed him, eager to prove his point, and perhaps a bit anxious to experience that feeling again. Maybe the drug that was in Sehun's skin was addictive. He was playing with fire.

Sehun did as he was instructed, softly placing his hand on the middle of Jongin's forearm. Jongin could already feel his powers start to take effect half a second before his hand touched him. All the hairs on the back of his forearm stood on end and the moment their skin touched, he got this tingly, electric feeling that spread out from the site of contact to his entire body. He started to feel lightheaded. The electricity caused a warm, bubbly feeling in his chest, making him want to reach out and embrace Sehun and promise him the world. The longer his hand stayed put, the stronger the feeling grew. He jerked his arm from out under his hand before he would lose all higher function of his brain and be completely under Sehun's spell.

“Did it work?” Sehun asked, surprised.

“You didn't notice you were doing it?” Jongin tried to shake the effects off, his brain still a bit fuzzy. It was almost like he was drunk.

Sehun shook his head energetically.

“The moment your hand touched me, it shot out like tentacles of electricity from every single spot it touched, and they traveled up the arm at lighting speed.” he dramatically described, showing him the path the electricity took by following it externally with his index finger. “And when it entered the chest, it went straight into the heart, and with one beating of the heart it shot through the entire body!”.

“Woooah!” Sehun gasped.

Pleased at having such a reactive audience, he continued theatrically. “Then I started to feel a bit dizzy as it started taking effect, and my chest got all warm and filled with this impatient feeling, my heart beating a mile a minute, making me want to do something for you. Or not want, more like, I needed to do something for you.” he made his voice trail off ominously as a sound effect, getting a kick out of Sehun hanging on his every word.

“Then when I broke free, it kind of slowly dissipated, but my head still feels a bit weird. So there's no question that you have some kind of power over humans, and it's really strong!” he warned him, intensity in his eyes.

“WOAH!!” Sehun was completely blown away. “And I had no idea!!” he exclaimed incredulously. He held his palms in front of his eyes, staring at them in awe, like he was seeing them for the first time.

“But whether it's the electricity that does this or if you secrete some form of drug out of your skin, it's really potent, so it could be dangerous! You have to be careful!” he told him in a strict voice. He realized too late that by telling him of his power, he might actually use it on him on purpose.

“Just after a few moments of contact, my heart was beating really fast, and the whole heart-system-thing is electrical, so the electricity you emit could actually interfere with it and give me a heart attack. That could be deadly!” he hissed, trying to scare Sehun off from using his power ever again, for both of their sakes. Now that the effect was almost gone, he was jonesing for more. Whatever it was, it was definitely addictive.

Sehun nodded apprehensively. “I'll be careful!”.