Chapter 9 - Arguing with the Arrogant

Small Distance

 

Author's POV:
 
"I can't believe I have to be stuck with you of all people!" Jeongmin screamed in frustration, earning a annoyed glare from Minwoo for being so loud. 
 
"It's not like I want to be with you either, but don't make it so obvious! I'm trying not to cringe in disgust every time I think about what I do, just so my brother isn't so bothersome about your brother all the time! And you're brother is a Lee prince too! What a nuisance." Minwoo replied with an upset frown, almost read to march up to his father and tell him they were just joking about being together. Jeongmin's face flushed a bit, thinking of what happened and glad the candles weren't bright enough to show it before realizing what Minwoo had said. 
 
"Hey! What do you mean a nuisance? That's my brother and he's not just a prince from the Kingdom that you hate... and is far more superior than yours...! He's also the person that your brother wants to be with!" Jeongmin exclaimed angrily, not one to allow anyone to insult his dear brother(s). Minwoo shrugged his shoulders, as if what Jeongmin had said meant nothing to him. 
 
"He's still a Lee prince, nothing can change that. Personally, I completely disagree with Donghyun's... unorthodox decision to become friends with such a person. I would never let myself make such a horrible decision, nonetheless let myself become so attached to someone from a different kingdom. Still, he is my brother so I have been rather accepting of the decision. Even so, one day I need to shed some light into his eyes and show him what is acceptable and what is not." Minwoo replied in a calm but strict voice, remembering his father's words on what he thought of the Lee Kingdom. Jeongmin looked at Minwoo in disbelief, almost unable to comprehend how controlled Minwoo was for his age. By now, anything Jeongmin felt before was gone and was filled with disbelief and curiousity instead. Why was Minwoo so firm on rules? Why did he hate the Lee Kingdom so much? Was it that despicable to have relations with a person from the Lee Kingdom? Questions filled Jeongmin's head and by the time he snapped back into reality he was facing the door to Minwoo's room.
 
Jeongmin's eyes flickered with curiousity as he entered the room, seeing many shades of red and gold as he absorbed what was in front of him. The room was quite large (like his own) and it donned scarlet red and bright gold, the traditional colours of the Kim Kingdom. On the wall there was a golden Phoenix with blazing ruby eyes, a fiery red orb being clenched within its mouth. Jeongmin raced up to the wall, placing his hand on the Phoenix as he stared at it in awe.
 
"What, you've never seen our Kingdom's symbol before? Or are you just jealous your kingdom can't afford such a thing?" Minwoo asked in an arrogant voice, walking up to Jeongmin and the Phoenix. Jeongmin shook his head, glaring at Minwoo for implying that his beloved kingdom was poor. 
 
"I've seen your symbol before... but it looks much more beautiful like this than when it is on one of your flags. And my kingdom has something very similar to this in my room as well so be quiet! Our kingdom is just as wealthy as yours you arrogant kid." Jeongmin retorted before moving his gaze to the orb, feeling a sense of nostalgia hit him. "I've... seen this before." Jeongmin whispered in a small voice, leaning closer towards it before Minwoo quickly pulled him back.
 
"Don't touch that! It was the first thing my father ever gave me, I will not let someone of your kind ruining it!" Minwoo exclaimed angrily, binding Jeongmin in his arms so that the other wouldn't be able to touch it. "But I swear I've seen something like it before! And... MY kind?!?! Why must you insist on being so picky about what your kingdom and our kingdom can do? It's not like I was going to steal it or break it!" Jeongmin replied back in a fury, thrashing around until he got out of Minwoo's grip and then quickly turning around, finally giving Minwoo the punch in the face he was waiting to do all day. 
 
But unluckily for Jeongmin, Minwoo easily blocked the punch with his hand. Still, as Minwoo blocked it, he felt a surge of pain in his hand, leading him to clutch his hand a bit before trying to shake the pain off. Minwoo looked to Jeongmin in confusion. "Are... you sure you are the same person who couldn't lift his own brother? It's not common for me to block a hit and still be hurt. Did you go through extreme training or something after being embarrassed about not being able to lift Youngmin up? I thought your kingdom only let the soldiers and knights train though." Minwoo asked, his hand still throbbing with pain as he began to walk across the room to bandage it. 
 
Panic arose in Jeongmin's eyes, but it was gone in a flash as he covered his panic with an uneasy smile. "Ha ha... I did a bit because it was embarrassing to get someone like you to help me. I didn't mean to hurt you but... I can't handle being with you! First, you hate everyone of my kingdom! And... and then you toke my first kiss! I'm starting to hate you even more than before!" Jeongmin exclaimed in annoyance, not knowing how he and Minwoo even managed the first day of being a "couple", seeing how incompatible they were for each other. Minwoo let out a small laugh before he turned around with a smirk on his face, his hand now bandaged from the hit.
 
"That was your first kiss? I thought you were older than me! I've had my first kiss years ago, are you that unpopular with girls? And I thought you were sad enough as it was..." Minwoo said in a smug voice, greatly amused by how unexperienced his "hyung" was. Jeongmin shook in anger and embarrassment for accidentally telling Minwoo, the person who was secretly known for being a player, one of his most embarrassing secrets. He even lied to Youngmin before about kissing almost every girl in the village and now the person he hated the most knew the truth!
 
"So you're first kiss was stolen by me? I would feel bad for you, but since it was me... you should feel honoured it was taken by someone as good looking as me." Minwoo continued with another laugh, turning around to begin to take off his robes for a quick bath after spending the day walking the the kingdom. 
 
"How am I going to tell my wife? My kids!?! I can't tell them my first kiss was taken by... by a GUY! Normally homouality isn't even allowed! Do I have to lie to my loved ones?" Jeongmin screamed in horror and realization, imagining the things he would have to go through after all this was over. Minwoo ignored Jeongmin's mental break down, enjoying how he unknowingly made a Lee prince feel just a bit more upset as he began to take off his inner robes, leaving the lower part on as he walked towards the door which led to his bathroom. 
 
Minwoo turned around, finally acknowledging Jeongmin's needs as he called out to him. "So, are you going to get washed too or not? Because I am not letting someone who spent most of the day walking around outside just lay on my things without getting cleaned." Jeongmin glanced at Minwoo in surprise, nodding his head and taking off most of his robes before following Minwoo into the bathroom. 
 
Jeongmin rushed out of the large bathing room, taking a deep breath before sprinting towards the bed. Jeongmin flopped onto the bed, letting his body sink into it as he snuggled into the silky red covers of the bed, feeling the irresistible softness and smoothness of the covers gently caress his skin. Although the bed did not give the same homeyness as his own did, it had a rich dark chocolate scent that Jeongmin happily embraced, almost getting him lost in the warmth the bed gave him. Jeongmin heard a scoff from behind him, causing him to turn around. He toke his back off the bed as he perched himself up on his arms, watching Minwoo take extra blankets and pillows from a gold decorated, wooden drawer. Minwoo carefully placed them on a rather large looking couch before finally looking up to return Jeongmin's gaze. Jeongmin looked at the bed in sadness, laying back down on it to take in the warmth once more before rolling himself off the bed and plopping himself on the cold marble floor. 
 
"Is that where I have to sleep?" Jeongmin asked, not planning on arguing with Minwoo about it (they were both too tired to argue by now). Minwoo sat down on the mahogany couch before replying, "No, I'll just sleep here tonight... especially since I just saw you rolling all over it. I'll have to get the covers washed before I sleep there again." Minwoo replied in a slightly teasing voice, laced with a bit of annoyance as it was his bed and not Jeongmin's. Jeongmin's lips curved up into a small smile, (unfortunately) getting used to Minwoo's extreme arrogance and strange acts of kindness (not to mention his nature, which is completely against the Lee Kingdom). "Hey! I just toke a bath so it should be okay you rude kid... why don't you just sleep here too?" Jeongmin asked, not wanting to feel guilty for (technically) kicking Minwoo out of his own bed and feeling like maybe Minwoo wasn't as bad as he thought. Minwoo scoffed, looking at Jeongmin as if he was thinking about it before he quickly shook his head and silently muttered a small curse against himself. "Me? Sleep on the same bed as a Lee prince? That is highly unlikely." Minwoo replied in a stuck up voice before quickly laying down and blowing out a candle. Jeongmin flushed red while glaring at Minwoo, asking himself what he has hoping for when he asked, before blowing out the last candle and covering his face with the silk blanket.
 
'What is wrong with me? He hates the Lee kingdom people and that'll never change.'
 
*********************
 
Yay update~!!!! Next chapter will be the twins... I'll definitely make it long 'cause that last chapter of them was... a really short chapter. Hmm..
I wonder what the twins will do? It probably won't be just what they do at night because they are kind of...
knocked out from the alcohol XDD 
 
Thanks for reading! Be sure to comment and/or subscribe and thanks for all the support!! Love you all, bye! ^^~