Chapter 8 - Strangely Close

Small Distance

 

Author's POV:
 
"Hey, wait!" Kwangmin called out to the butler who was leading Youngmin and Hyunseong, his voice coming out loud and high pitched. The old butler turned around, recognizing the drunken voice of his young master. Kwangmin ran in a sloppy manner towards them, laughing loudly as he almost tripped over his own feet. "Wait... I'm... not done... competing with Youngmin... yet..." Kwangmin panted in a slurred voice, holding his body up by placing his hands on his knees. The butler let out a soft sigh, releasing his hold on Hyunseong to put his hand on Kwangmin's shoulder. This caused Hyunseong to lose balance and collapse on the floor, laughing manically before falling into sleep on the cold marble tiles. 
 
"It is time for bed sire, you must wake up early tomorrow to train." The butler murmured in a soft voice, ignoring Hyunseong's loud snoring as he tried to calm his master down. "But... but I'm not tired yet!" Kwangmin complained with a pout, looking at the butler with teary eyes. "Sire, I must insist that you go to bed." The butler replied in a strict voice, not letting Kwangmin's plead affect his decision. "Then let me go with him! I won't go to bed unless you do!" Kwangmin exclaimed, pointing directly at Youngmin as he said so. Youngmin laughed cheerfully in excitement before reaching out and hugging Kwangmin in drunken agreement. Kwangmin fell down, unable to keep balance before also laughing uncontrollably, almost forgetting what he asked as he playfully hit Youngmin. 
 
"If I say yes will you both go to sleep before midnight approaches?" The butler asked in defeat, knowing both of them were too stubborn at the time to follow orders. They both nodded in excitement before Youngmin helped Kwangmin up, Kwangmin almost falling over again as he stood on his shaky legs. Kwangmin propped himself up on Youngmin's shoulder, regaining the unsteady balance he had earlier as he brushed off any dust that may have gotten on his robes. "But I must ask sire, why do you insist on being with the young prince? You are usually distant from strangers and I'm sure it is not (just) because of the wine."  The butler asked in curiousity as he rarely ever saw Kwangmin this happy with another human being (even though he was reluctant to ask, seeing the state Kwangmin was in at the moment).
 
Kwangmin paused for a moment to ponder on the question before confidently stating his answer. "Because I feel like we are close friends that are finally meeting after years of being apart!" The butler gave a soft smile, watching the pair clumsily run down the main hall of the castle before disappearing into the darkness. The butler suddenly heard a loud snore, snapping him out of his trance as he looked down at Hyunseong who laid asleep on the floor. The butler thought for a moment on what Kwangmin had said before picking up Hyunseong and carrying him to the nearest guest room, lighting the way with a small flickering flame on a dripping candle.
 
******************
 
So... after such a long time I'm really sorry for such a short chapter! This chapter is really just the start of the (unknowing) twins' relationship. It's just to show the start of them realizing their strange connection, which will become more obvious in the following chapters. I hope this chapter wasn't too short but I might update sooner for the next one so please bear with me! I've planned quite a bit for the future so I hope you'll wait for it! Thanks, see you all next time! ^^