Chapter 7 - A Desire for Dark Chocolate

Small Distance

 

Author's POV:

"Hey, what are you doing here?" Youngmin exclaimed suddenly, causing Kwangmin to clumsily fall off the small boulder he was sitting on. Kwangmin looked around, seeing that the others weren't with Youngmin. "Did you... follow me here?" Kwangmin asked, looking at Youngmin suspiciously. "Um... yeah? The others were preoccupied with each other so I thought tha-" Youngmin began before being cut off by Kwangmin. "What? That you would try to get rid of one of the Kim princes? Well... I've got some ninja skills that I'm not afraid to reveal if I have to!"

Youngmin stared blankly at Kwangmin before processing what he had just heard, trying hard to keep back the laughter that would soon follow. "Your... ninja skills? Did I hear that right?" Youngmin asked in disbelief, hoping he was wrong about it. Kwangmin nodded proudly, ready to bust out some of his moves before he was interrupted by Youngmin's loud (and rude if Kwangmin would say so himself) laughter.

"What's so funny, do you not believe me? I can take you on any day!" Kwangmin exclaimed a bit flustered as he tried to regain his previous stance. "You can't be serious! I wasn't even going to say anything like that, I just thought we could be friends since the others don't seem to remember that we're there too! I mean... I bet they don't even know that we're gone right no-" Youngmin said with amusement, suddenly hearing a loud shout which interrupted his attempt to befriend Kwangmin.

"Youngmin! Kwangmin! I found you guys!" Jeongmin shouted, rushing up to both of them. Kwangmin looked at Youngmin with amusement as Youngmin quickly turned away in embarrassment. "What were you saying before? I didn't catch all of that." Kwangmin asked in a teasing voice. "Shut up." Youngmin replied bluntly, frowning a bit at Jeongmin as Jeongmin tried to squeeze the life out of him.

The others soon came to join the hug fest, Donghyun giving Kwangmin a good punch in the shoulder before capturing his little brother in his arms, all while nagging him for leaving without telling them. Hyunseong tried to hug everyone at the same time but in the end was the only one left out of the hugging. And Minwoo? Minwoo was caught in between, not sure if he was happy about finding the two after being the "lucky" person that was chosen to be killed through the process of hugging.

About 10 minutes later (which felt more like 10 hours for Minwoo) they all decided that they should hurry up and go to the castle before dinner. It toke about an hour to walk there and by the time they arrived Minwoo was seriously questioning his chances of survival before the day was over. Donghyun, Hyunseong and Jeongmin happily hopped into the castle as if they belonged there, linking arms as they did so. Youngmin and Kwangmin were awkwardly on the opposite ends of the three, both looking at their brothers and both filled with the embarrassment of being related to them. Minwoo was staggering behind, getting some help from a maid to follow them.

After they reached to the humongous dinner table he flashed her a flirtatious wink, about to sweet talk her cutely before feeling a hard kick to the shin. Minwoo tried to keep his smile, turning to glare at the offender before seeing Jeongmin with a small frown on his face. Minwoo let out a small laugh, quickly thanking the maid before taking hold of Jeongmin's hand, hoping no one else saw his attempt to seduce a maid before noticing Donghyun was looking at him in suspicion again.

"And you were the one that got mad when I tried to deny the fact that we were in a 'relationship'." Jeongmin whispered in annoyance. "You made it more obvious though! You practically screamed to them that we weren't together! Anyways, they've already seen each other now!" Minwoo whispered back, trying to make himself sound less guilty than he was. "You were basically showing everyone that either you are a horrible boyfriend or we aren't together! At least I'm not the one cheating!" Jeongmin whispered back a bit more loudly, Minwoo quickly giving Jeongmin a small peck on the lips just before Donghyun came close enough to hear them, eyeing Donghyun as he indirectly tried to warn Jeongmin of the other's presence. "Stop it! I don't want to kiss someone like you!" Jeongmin exclaimed loudly, unable to control his anger into small whispers anymore. Everyone came to a stop, staring at the fighting "couple" before Minwoo quickly let out a loud laugh. "He's just a bit jealous that I asked one of the maids for some help instead of him... so he's a bit grumpy now...!"

Everyone laughed at the two, whispering jokes about "young love" before rushing to sit down as they saw food come in. Hyunseong and Donghyun happily plopped down on their seats which were placed closest to the king's seat (although King Kim wasn't there yet), Donghyun pushing aside the thoughts of Minwoo and Jeongmin as he saw the appetizing look of the turkey which lay in front of him. Youngmin and Kwangmin sat down next to them, staring hungrily at the food before watching the fighting couple fight again as they waited for the king's arrival. "No, I don't want to sit next to you!" Jeongmin complained, now mad at Minwoo for making a fool of him in front of everyone. "Come on, you can't be like this... honey..." Minwoo answered back in a pleading voice, pulling on Jeongmin's hand, causing Jeongmin to almost brush lips with Minwoo. Jeongmin's face flushed a light pink, Jeongmin standing straight up before sitting down next to Minwoo on the other side of the others, muttering angry words towards the other. Jeongmin leaned over to Minwoo with all his strength, almost tipping his chair over as he whispered in a threatening. "If you call me that word again I will not hesitate to 'break up' with you... 'honey'...".

Minwoo sweetly smiled at Jeongmin, pulling harshly on Jeongmin's arm as he leaned over to capture the other's lips. Jeongmin flinched in surprise, wanting to quickly push away and then proceed to kill the latter before feeling the overwhelming taste of the intoxicating kiss. It was a sweet flavour at first but he soon felt a hidden bitterness of darkness take over as if he were tasting the richest dark chocolate he's ever tasted, hiding inside a sweet, unknowing milk candy. He melted into the poisonous kiss without a care in the world, showing no sign of wanting to break apart as he did with the other shorter and less intimate kisses. Kwangmin and Youngmin innocently half covered their eyes, unable to look away even though they knew they shouldn't stare. King Kim even came in, the sight almost giving him a heart attack as he put his hand over his heart, gripping his fingers into his top as he slowly walked to his chair, wondering if he should interrupt the kiss so that they could start dinner.

In the end it was Minwoo who pulled away from the kiss first, leaving Jeongmin bright red and panting for breath before Minwoo whispered softly in his ear. "You've finally done what you're supposed to do... now make sure it stays that way... my dearest." Jeongmin flushed an even brighter red, making sure to give Minwoo a kick in the shin again before turning back towards the table. Hyunseong and Donghyun clapped their hands in a loud cheer, giving them a thumbs up while congratulating them for making up. King Kim gave an awkward cough, causing Kwangmin and Youngmin to snap out of their trance before he announced that the feast would begin. They quickly dug into the food, causing the King to chuckle and say they could eat as much as they wanted to as they did not eat much for most of the day. Jeongmin reached for the glass of water in front of him, wanting to erase the kiss from his memory forever (even though he enjoyed it so much =P). He chugged the water in less than five seconds, asking for refills repeatedly until he felt like his bladder would explode. Jeongmin hurriedly left for the bathroom, emptying his bladder before splashing his face with water from the well, the feel of Minwoo's lips still lingering on his own as he wiped his face.

'I'm such an idiot. I need to take better control of the situation! I was the one who thought of the plan to get Donghyun and Hyunseong to be friends again! Not that... kid!' Jeongmin thought angrily to himself, comforting himself in knowing at least he was older than the other and so, had more power and authority over him. Jeongmin raised his arms in victory before heading back, trying to ignore the now subtle bitter sweetness that refused to leave his plump lips.

By the time Jeongmin had gotten back the royal feast had become a chaotic party. Donghyun and Hyunseong were dancing on top of the table as the King loudly laughed, looking like he was judging their dancing skills before he brought out some of his own moves. Youngmin and Kwangmin were gorging on food as if having a race before Kwangmin grabbed a chicken leg and threw it at Youngmin, calling him a cheater. The maids and butlers were no where in sight and the others all had two things in common. Bright red faces and glasses that seemed to be filled with wine in their hands. Wine bottles were scattered on the table, Jeongmin wondering how the feast became so out of order in such a short amount of time, as well as who was dumb enough to think of the plan in the first place. Jeongmin stared at the surprising sight, noticing that Minwoo was no where in sight as he scanned the room.

"Looking for me?" Minwoo asked from behind Jeongmin, Jeongmin flinching in surprise as he elbowed Minwoo. "No I wasn't. I was just... looking around for... everyone else." Jeongmin lied in an wary voice, Minwoo laughing at his sad attempt at lying (which caused Jeongmin to elbow Minwoo again). "Anyways, why are they all drunk? Youngmin and Kwangmin aren't even old enough to drink yet!" Jeongmin exclaimed in a worried voice, wanting to change the subject before turned for the wrong course. "Because my father said that we should celebrate and get closer... and that the best way to do that would be to let loose through drinking. I left before it could get any worse and just said that I would find you~" Minwoo answered, proud of his cleverness. "But how am I supposed to bring them home now? The sun has already set and they're practically mindless dimwits now!" Jeongmin exclaimed in frustration, going up to King Kim to demand him to do something about the mess he had made (in a nice way though, don't want to upset a king).

"Excuse me King Kim, but what do you expect us to do now that you have made my brothers into a bunch of... crazy monkeys?" Jeongmin asked in the sweetest voice he could make in the tense situation. "Oh right, just stay here for the night Lee Prince. I'm sure King Lee will understand." King Kim chuckled, taking another gulp of his expensive wine. "Stay... here?" Jeongmin repeated in a horrified voice, turning to look at his brothers again before seeing there was no choice but to do as the king said. "And where might my brothers and I sleep?" Jeongmin asked politely, hoping the answer wouldn't be as horrible as he thought it would be. "Oh your brothers can sleep one the guest rooms... but you would like to sleep in my dear Minwoo's room wouldn't you?" King Kim chuckled, putting his hand on Jeongmin's shoulder. Jeongmin froze, forcing his lips to curl up in a smile as he mentally cursed his luck (or lack of). "Good thing I know a thing or two about the mind of a young man's! Granted I was not the... exact same, but there was still a similar desire! You two have fun - I mean - sleep well tonight." The King said with a cheerful smile, Jeongmin giving a small bow of respect as he frantically planned an escape to join his brothers in the guest room while Minwoo pretended he was with him.

Jeongmin grabbed Minwoo and his brothers on his way out of the dining room, walking in a fast pace that his stumbling brothers could barely keep up with. Jeongmin suddenly came to a stop when he felt like they were far enough, causing his brothers to fall on the ground (which he so kindly ignored). "You." Jeongmin began, pointing directly at Minwoo. "Your father thinks we are going to be in the same room tonight but you are just going to pretend I'm there. I'll be in one of the guest rooms with Hyunseong and Youngmin." Jeongmin said bluntly, quickly moving on before Minwoo could speak his thoughts on it. "Now, where is the closest guest room? I think they're going to collapse on me soon from tiredness." Minwoo stood there for a minute or so before shrugging his shoulders. "What! How do you not know where your guest rooms are?" Jeongmin asked in bewilderment, hoping Minwoo wasn't joking with him. "It's not like I lead guests to their room, that's a servants job." Minwoo said indifferently before he turned, hearing footsteps behind him.

"King Kim has told me to you to your rooms. I believe it isn't necessary for Prince Minwoo and Prince Jeongmin though as he has informed me of your sleeping arrangement to be together." A butler said in a monotone voice, bowing down before leading Youngmin and Hyunseong to their room, walking at a slow pace to ensure their safety as they clutched onto one another, barely able to support the other. "No! Lets follow them!" Jeongmin said in a hurried voice, looking intently at the direction the butler lead Youngmin and Hyunseong. "But my room is the opposite way, he'll notice something is up if we follow him." Minwoo said, yawning as he pinched himself to stay awake. "But... but..." Jeongmin whined, looking back down the corridor and then back at Minwoo. "Stop complaining, it's not like anything bad will happen if we sleep in the same room. I'm not going to kill you or anything." Minwoo said, lightly tugging on Jeongmin's sleeve before walking off to his room with Jeongmin sulking behind him.

"I'm not worried about that." Jeongmin whispered to himself, brushing his lips with the tips of his fingers before blushing due to a feeling that was very unknown to him until that very day. The feeling of want... desire... and lust. As well as a peculiar craving for dark chocolate.

********************

Sorry for updating so late TT.TT I'm SO bad at updating  now (and editing as always... that's what you get for always typing on your iPod...), and I'm still stuck on what to write for my other story... I planned a bit for this one though ^^ Oh and... I don't think there will be anything too bad (aka rated) near these chapters... I just make it sound like it XD Soon enough there will be (real) drama as the story summary states! Please comment or subscribe (I like comments more... but do both if you can be that amazingly wonderful for me =D) I hope you enjoyed this chapter and... Wish you all an early happy holiday~!!!