Chapter 6 - A Walk To Remember

Small Distance

 

No One's POV:

"This better work or I'm going to kill you after I kill Hyunseong for starting this mess!" Jeongmin whispered to Minwoo before jogging over to Hyunseong and Youngmin in attempt to drag them over for the day as well.

"Since when were you taken? Wasn't it just yesterday you were flirting with all the village girls? They're going to be disappointed when they find out that you're actually gay." Donghyun said in a teasing voice, with an amused smirk on his face.

'Great, now I have to lie to my brothers too? I hope they don't find out... I kind of wish they would though, knowing that I have to pretend that I 'like' that person for who knows how long...' Minwoo thought, slightly annoyed. "Hyung, don't say that! I wasn't flirting, I was just being nice! There's no way I would cheat on my girl... boyfriend!" Minwoo exclaimed in a protesting voice, hitting Dongyhun lightly on the shoulder.

"Are you sure? It looked like you were being more than friendly..." Donghyun replied, raising an eyebrow as he recalled the look on Minwoo's face as he sneakily moved closer to one of the village girls yesterday. "No I wasn't you big meanie! If you tell Jeongminnie lies like that I'll be mad!" Minwoo replied with a pout, giving Donghyun a much harder punch than before.

"Ow!" Donghyun yelled, glaring at Minwoo for hitting him (who's his older brother) so hard. "Sorry, I guess I don't know my own strength~" Minwoo said, sticking out his tongue at Donghyun before heading over to Jeongmin so that they could go to the Kim Kingdom's side.

Minwoo nudged Jeongmin before he leaned over to whisper, "Did you manage to convince Hyunseong to come?". Jeongmin nodded in return before turning his head to answer. "Yeah, Youngmin is coming too, don't hit him again though, he just got better." Jeongmin whispered back, both of them making sure to smile as sweetly as they could to each other before looking back at Youngmin and Hyunseong who have been standing, wondering what they could be talking about.

"So... let's go!" Jeongmin shouted happily, letting his father hug him (and warn him) one last time before they all headed off to the Kim Kingdom's side. While King Kim rode a horse, everyone else just decided to walk, the few number of soldiers there being sent off with the king. Donghyun, Kwangmin, and Minwoo easily went over the rocky-edged stream that marked the border, jumping over it and then turning around to wait for the others. Hyunseong, Jeongmin, and Youngmin on the other hand, just looked at each other, not sure if they wanted to go to the Kim Kingdom's side anymore. Hyunseong toke a deep breath before jumping bravely over the border, quickly covering his head and looking cautiously around him before realizing that no one was out to kill him. Jeongmin and Youngmin cheered for their brave brother, clapping thier hands as the other three brothers stared at them with unimpressed expressions in their faces.

"Well... I'm the second oldest so I think I'll go next." Jeongmin exclaimed proudly, walking closer to the steep stream before looking down at it and quickly taking a few steps back. "Nevermind, I don't feel like dying today... why don't you go first Youngmin?" Jeongmin laughed with a hesitant smile directed at Youngmin. "What? Hyung, I thought you were going next!" Youngmin said with a bewildered expression on his face. "I was! ...but then I looked down and was faced with a life death choice! I don't know about you, but I choose life!" Jeongmin exclaimed, looking at Youngmin with pleading eyes.

"Fine, I'll go first." Youngmin said with a sigh, trying to look cool. "You're the best!" Jeongmin exclaimed and clapped in happiness, giving Youngmin a thumbs up and a huge grin. Youngmin walked a few feet back before racing forward, holding his breath as he jumped forward as hard as he could. Youngmin landed on his feet, about to brag to Jeongmin about it before he felt the rocks underneath his feet start to become unstable. Youngmin stared at the ground in confusion but before he could react he felt his feet leave the ground. Youngmin quickly closed his eyes, expecting lots of pain and completely wet clothes. But instead, he felt someone quickly grab his arm, almost let go of it, and then grab it again with their other hand. Youngmin managed to force himself to open one of his eyes, seeing only the bright sun before he met eyes with that person again. Kwangmin.

Youngmin was quickly pulled back to his feet before he noticed that Hyunseong, Donghyun and Minwoo were all grabbing onto Kwangmin and had helped him as well. "Sorry, I'm not very strong and I almost let you go..." Kwangmin said quietly, Youngmin almost unable to hear him. "No, it's okay. You saved my life." Youngmin replied thankfully with an awkward smile. They smiled at each other quietly before hearing Jeongmin shout (and ruin the moment). "How am I going to go over there? Youngmin has longer legs than me and he barely made it! I'm also a really bad jumper!" Jeongmin exclaimed with a pout before realizing something brilliant (in his mind). "It's okay, you guys can just go. I'll just wait for you guys to come back~" Jeongmin said in a cheerful voice, happy about finding a reason to not go to the Kim Kingdom's side just to spend time with someone he greatly disliked.

"Hey, it seems like your 'boyfriend' is okay with not spending more time with you, are you guys really dating?" Donghyun chuckled, whispering to Minwoo in a taunting voice, still not believing that they were dating. Minwoo frowned, glaring at Donghyun before sending one at Jeongmin for trying to mess up his perfect plan after he had sacrificed so much for it. Minwoo easily jumped over the stream, a smirk plastered on his face as he didn't see what was so hard about getting over it. Minwoo turned his head to look at Jeongmin who just stared and pointed at him. "How did you jump over so easily? Like it was nothing?" Jeongmin asked in awe about how easy Minwoo had made it seem. "It's not that hard... but I guess you have to have some sort of talent to jump over it. Something I'm guessing you don't have." Minwoo said bluntly, Jeongmin glaring back at him.

"Fine then Mr. Talented, how do you suggest I get past this stream?" Jeongmin said with a pout, wishing he could jump over it as easily. "...jump over it?" Minwoo said, stating the obvious. "Of course I need to jump over it! But how? I can't jump half as high as Youngmin can!" Jeongmin exclaimed, jumping up and down due to his impatience. Minwoo sat down to think before he jumped back to his feet as he got an idea. "I know, I can just carry you over there!" Minwoo said, proud that he thought of something.

"You? You're like only a few centimeters taller than me, how will you carry me, much less jump over the river while carrying me?" Jeongmin asked in surprise, not believing Minwoo could do it. "I work out everyday so it should be fine." Minwoo said uninterestedly, stretching to get himself ready. Jeongmin started blankly at Minwoo, turning to look at everyone on the other side before pointing at Minwoo with an amused face while he silently laughed, finding it too unbelievable to believe he was telling the truth. That was until he felt his feet leave the ground. Then it got pretty believable.

"What are you doing?" Jeongmin half screamed before Minwoo suddenly jumped over the (not so) scary stream, causing Jeongmin to quickly wrap his arms around Minwoo's neck, not wanting to die that day. Jeongmin closed his eyes and kept them closed shut until he heard Minwoo whisper, "We're already on the other side, let go you idiot.". Jeongmin opened his eyes in relief, relaxing his tense muscles and letting out a loud sigh before pressing his face into Minwoo's shoulder to calm his senses down. "Jeongmin, you're still alive!" Youngmin exclaimed, Hyunseong and him cheering for Jeongmin's survival as everyone else gave them blank looks. Jeongmin looked up to see his brothers cheering for him before he he jumped out of Minwoo's arms and tried to cheer with them, almost losing his balance as he walked, still shaking a bit from his so-called "life death" experience.

Youngmin and Hyunseong helped him walk for the rest of the way to the village, Jeongmin proudly bragging and loudly cheering of how he got over the (apparently) life threatening stream as if he had no help at all. Once they got to the village the six princes were swarmed by girls, the girls questioning who Minwoo was dating (information spreads like wildfire, epspecially with girls involved) as King Kim never told them, wanting Minwoo to tell everyone himself (no one knew how the Lee princes looked before anyways). Minwoo begrudgingly told them all, knowing that his dating life would be forever ruined after this.

After all the girls left, they all decided to head for the mountains just so that they could talk and properly introduce themselves, seeing that they probably would see each other a lot now. They sat down by a small cave where there were boulders that were smooth enough to sit on and the place was high enough to get a small glimpse of the sea. "So... how did you two first meet?" Donghyun started, wanting to learn everything about them starting from now. Jeongmin and Minwoo looked at each other, figuring they could just tell the truth until the "love" part came in. Minwoo agreed to answer first before Hyunseong suddenly interrupted. "No, lets start with a better question! We already know that you guys kissed, but did you two actually go further yet? Who tops who?!?" Hyunseong asked, unable to hide his excitement in finding out the "juicy" details first.

Jeongmin blushed, not surprised that it was his brother's first question... not that it made it any less embarrassing. "Top...?" Jeongmin asked, not sure about what Hyunseong was asking about. "You know, which one of you-" Hyunseong began in a loud voice before he was cut off. "Hey, they're too young to know that! Don't corrupt their minds already!" Donghyun suddenly busted in, before Hyunseong could say anymore. Hyunseong turned his body to face Donghyun before answering him. "I'm not corrupting their minds! Anyways, I have a feeling they already did, Jeongmin didn't answer when I asked him before! Oh, and the person on top is-" Hyunseong replied in an annoyed voice, being cut off by Donghyun again before he could explain anything. "He probably didn't say anything 'cause you were too rash about it! How could he have done it if he doesn't even know what the word 'top' means?" Donghyun shot back, trying to cover Jeongmin and Minwoo's ears at the same time as he continued to bicker with his old friend, not even realizing that they naturally started to talk again after a long time.

"Hey..." Minwoo said, being unheard by the two fighting friends, causing him to have to raise his voice. "Hey!" Minwoo said louder, still being ignored by the two. Finally, after waiting for five minutes for them to calm down, Minwoo decided to end it. "HEY!" Minwoo yelled, loud enough for the sound to echo through the cave and for some birds to fly away nearby. Donghyun and Hyunseong finally faced him, realizing they were at each others necks by now. "Yes...?" Hyunseong asked quietly, feeling a bit intimidated by Minwoo's annoyed frown, even though he was older than him. "We didn't go that far yet so I'm sorry to disappoint you... BUT I already DO know what the word 'top' means so can you guys stop bickering and just... Be. Quiet." Minwoo said in the calmest voice he could make, not thinking he could last one more second with Hyunseong and Donghyun, even though everything he did today was to get them to be friends again. Jeongmin, who was sitting there the entire time quietly still didn't know what his older brother meant the entire time so he was almost ready to fall asleep from boredom which came from his confusion. "So... what does top mean?" Jeongmin asked, looking at Minwoo innocently as Minwoo gave a death glare to everyone to keep them all quiet before resting his eyes into the palms of his hands.

"Hey..." Jeongmin began before Minwoo covered his mouth to stop him from talking again. "If you want to find out, I'll tell you later, do NOT ask that question in front of these crazy people." Minwoo threatened, not sure about how he would survive the coming days if they were like this one. Jeongmin shook his head before pushing his mouth away from Minwoo's hand. "No, that's not it!" Jeongmin exclaimed, gaining confused looks from everyone else. "What is it then?" Minwoo asked, unable to think of what else it could be.

"Where... where is Youngmin and Kwangmin?"

**************

Yay I updated~~!!!! Please comment and subscribe, I love you all (less than 3, I can make a heart here TT.TT)!!