Chapter 12 - Distractions

Small Distance

 

Kwangmin's POV:
 
I stared at Minwoo in pure shock, unable to read his blank, emotionless face. I tried to look for a sign, a look, anything that would go against what he just said to show he was uncertain, that he still cared. Still, nothing could be seen. He was as unreadable as a blank sheet of paper. For the first time in my entire life I could not read Minwoo's emotions. 
 
I could not, did not want to think Minwoo was actually thinking such things. Yes, perhaps it would be deemed better to care for your kingdom above everything else, especially when you were a prince. But for someone like Minwoo to go to such an extent just to continue being favoured by father was... unimaginable. A mix of emotions rose from my thoughts, causing my blood to boil in a way I never thought possible.
 
"So that's what you've decided on? To completely destroy the Lee Kingdom from the inside just to get a little more praise from father?"
 
Minwoo's eyes slightly widened in his visible surprise, but he quickly reverted back into his original demeanour.
 
"You are taking this too seriously Kwangmin, lots of kingdoms take advantage of others to gain more power. I'm just thinking of what's best for our kingdom and you should do the same. If you aren't going to use your newly found friend for anything useful, why don't you just get rid of him while you have the chance? Don't make it any harder for us when we take over the kingdom and don't get in the way of my plan."
 
My hand twitched in annoyance, which threatened to turn into the anger that almost boiled over before. The way he spoke, it was foreign to me. I was never talked to like that from either of my brothers before. He made me feel like I was just in the way, like he didn't need me, like I was just a small, insignificant part of his life. Before I knew it he was already half way down the hall, not even waiting for my reply.
 
Does he really not care anymore?
 
Minwoo's POV:
 
Why did Kwangmin have to be there when I was talking to father? Ah, I can't believe I never saw him before! I wonder if he noticed how surprised I was...
 
I tried to look indifferent about it, but it truly made me feel like a horrible person for saying so. Even so, I should be fine because I hate the Lee Kingdom! I also promised father I would (bring down the kingdom), so I can not back down from my word now. I will carry out my plan and it doesn't matter if I hurt a few people along the way, I will still have father and the kingdom. Sorry Kwangmin, Donghyun, but I guess I really am just the king's puppet.
 
Author's POV:
 
Minwoo let out a small sigh before entering the training grounds again, greatly hoping that everything (and one) was still intact. Luckily for him, everything seemed to be in fair condition... if you didn't count the broken branches... and weaponry... and probably a couple of bones as well. What Minwoo had found was appalling in his eyes, causing him to glare at the people who laid in front of him.
 
Donghyun and Hyunseong were holding Jeongmin down, both with scratches on their bodies and severely ripped clothes. Youngmin looked like he was ready to kill with the evil look in his eyes, which matched with his playful (devil-like) grin on his face. In one hand, he was grasping a large feather. It seemed like Youngmin had the worse of Jeongmin's horrendous archery as he held a blood tipped arrow in his other hand, gripping it tightly before dropping it on the ground in shock after noticing Minwoo's presence.
 
"Should I ask or should I walk away like nothing happened to avoid hearing about the stupidity that occurred after I left?" Minwoo asked, looking like he would much rather do the latter. Donghyun, Hyunseong and Youngmin stared at Minwoo with blank faces, trying to decide which option would create the better outcome when Jeongmin suddenly decided call out to Minwoo without thinking about it.
 
"It's not my fault! I was just trying to hit the target when the arrows decided otherwise and went towards them instead!"
 
"So what you're saying is that the arrows decided where they wanted to go on their own?"
 
"Exactly!"
 
Minwoo resisted the urge to face palm himself, trying to make sense of the worst excuse he had ever heard of. Minwoo then looked at Jeongmin, baffled by what he had just heard. It was not until then that Jeongmin had realized what he had said.
 
"Umm, it sounds a bit strange but it's true! It's not like I have bad aim or anything! They (pointing at Donghyun, Hyunseong and Youngmin) just have bad timing!" Jeongmin exclaimed with a flushed face, his ears turning a bright cherry red due to the realization of his unrealistic excuses. Minwoo rubbed his temples, thinking of how peaceful his life used to be without the Lee princes.
 
"Just stop talking before I have a mental breakdown due to your childish excuses. Please."
 
Minwoo gave a small smile, frightening them enough to frantically get up and clean the training area. It was only after a few minutes that he realized that he had completely forgotten about the plan, cursing the Lee prince for distracting him from his main goal. Kwangmin silently walked into the training grounds, raising an eyebrow as he entered. Pointing towards the mess, he questioned Minwoo.
 
"What hap-"
 
"Don't ask."
 
**********************
 
It's been more than two months T.T Sorry guys (and girls xD), I've been busy  (and lazy) =.= But I'm back now! I hope you've enjoyed this chapter! Hopefully I'll be able to get to the drama soon.... well I hope you all can comment and/or subscribe! Please leave any feedback you have (positive or negative, as long as it's constructive criticism)! Thanks and I love you all!