Chapter 1 - Dislike

Small Distance

No One's POV:

"Hey, get back here! I don't care if you two are royalty, if you going to act like brats you'll pay!" An angry shopkeeper screamed, chasing after the two giggling brothers. The shopkeeper was covered in flour and eggs, the most recent prank played by the mischievous siblings. He tried to catch the brothers, before he tripped over a basket a fruit, Jeongmin turning around to stick out his tongue at him. The shopkeeper yelled angry curses at them, knowing that even if there were princes, they would never get anyone in trouble for something they did. Jeongmin and Youngmin came to a stop once they stood in front of the ocean, admiring the beauty of the way the sun rays softly reflected off of the glimmering waves, the water lightly flowing on and off of the thin grains of sand. They let out a cheer of excitement, raising their arms into the air before rushing towards the sea.

Once in the chilly water, Jeongmin pushed Youngmin into it, Youngmin looking up at him with a frown before splashing the cold water at Jeongmin. They laughed, Jeongmin helping Youngmin up before a loud call was heard. "Jeongmin! Youngmin! Get over here right now!" Hyunseong yelled, motioning his hands to them. Jeongmin and Youngmin froze, not wanting to be lectured by their brother yet again. They slowly walked over to Hyunseong, the hot rays hitting their cold skin as they lowered their heads. Hyunseong frowned at them, not pleased with how they acted so carelessly all the time. "Why must you always cause trouble in the village? I thought you guys promised me that it wouldn't happen again!" Hyunseong lectured, earning sad, pleading looks from the two while saying so. Youngmin played with his fingers nervously, not liking it when his brother was upset. "But we were bored!" Youngmin complained, Jeongmin nodding in agreement to Youngmin's response.

"Yeah, nothing ever happens here! I wish we could do something fun!" Jeongmin whined, earning a loud groan from Hyunseong. "You guys have eachother! You two are lucky that you aren't in line for the throne or else you two would be off worse than you are right now! And Jeongmin, you would have never done this if you were bored before! Imagine what mother would say if she heard of all the trouble you were causing!" Hyunseong exclaimed frustrated, not realising what he had said out of anger until he saw Jeongmin's teary eyes. "I didn't mean th-" Hyunseong began in a panicked voice, reaching out his arm to apologise before Jeongmin slapped it away. "You don't understand! I hate you!" Jeongmin screamed, pushing past Hyunseong and running in the direction to the river that split the kingdoms. Youngmin stared at Hyunseong shocked, his eyes widening in disbelief. "Why'd you mention mother? You know that Jeongmin is sensitive about things like that!" Youngmin said, not pleased with Hyunseong before sprinting after his brother. Hyunseong sat down to think about what he said, not happy with how things slipped carelessly out of his mouth when he got angry. "I didn't mean to" Hyunseong sighed, kicking a small rock.

"Jeongmin!" Youngmin cried out, finally catching up to his brother. Youngmin opened his mouth to call after his brother again, before he noticed someone on the other side of the thin river. Youngmin quickly hid behind a tree, hoping that Jeongmin would hide too before the person noticed him. Youngmin looked out of the corner of his eye, seeing that Jeongmin was walking slowly over towards the edge of the river, not noticing the other person as he played with the water. 'Shoot! That person is from the other kingdom! At least nothing will happen since they're both on their own sides.' Youngmin thought, still uneasy about what would happen since Jeongmin was a prince, not just a common peasant.

"You're here again? Just don't step over the border Jeongmin because if you do I won't hesitate to kill a member of the Lee kingdom" The stranger warned in a calm, but terrifying voice. 'Again?' Youngmin wondered curiously, thinking that he already knew everything about his brother before. Jeongmin laughed in reply, going back to looking into the gentle ripples in the river, Youngmin staring at his brother in surprise that he didn't do anything. "Don't be so mean Minwoo. You know I would never do something as extreme as that. Besides, why would I want to be that close to someone like you?" Jeongmin teased, sticking out his tongue mockingly at the other. 'How do they know each other? I thought Jeongminnie hated the Kim Kingdom' Youngmin thought in confusion, before thinking more deeper into what he knew of the Kim Kingdom. 'Oh wait! Minwoo... that's the youngest member of the Kim Kingdom! I remember now! But... he seemed much more pleasant when I saw him with others during the gathering...' Youngmin thought to himself, recalling the blurred memory of the last gathering the two kingdoms had (which was roughly two months ago).

Youngmin recalled how the prince named Minwoo was always said to be the prince with the nicest smile, always cute and adorable and the Kim Kingdom's own little (...not exactly little) angel. Youngmin stared in disbelief at the Minwoo he saw, seeing that he wasn't smiling at all and how unfriendly he seemed at the moment. Youngmin gasped as he saw the person that was so-called Minwoo step closer to the bare edge of the river, standing most likely only a couple of feet away from his beloved brother with a dark frown on his face. "Go away!" Youngmin yelled out, quickly running to his brother's side. Jeongmin looked at Youngmin with a cheerful smile, the evidence of crying no longer visible in his face.

"What's wrong Youngminnie?" Jeongmin asked innocently, grinning widely at his brother. Youngmin panted from the loss of energy before pointing at Minwoo. "He... he's from the other kingdom!" Youngmin exclaimed in a shaky voice, laughter following his statement. "I know that Youngmin, why do you think he's on the other side?" Jeongmin laughed, pulling Youngmin down to sit beside him. "He might kill you though!" Youngmin whispered into Jeongmin's ear in a slightly terrified voice, Minwoo raising his eyebrow when he heard Youngmin's not so quiet whisper. "It's okay, he doesn't mean it~" Jeongmin said in a carefree voice, brushing aside the fact that his life was being threatened. "But... But... He's not even smiling!" Youngmin exclaimed in horror, pouting while pointing his finger at Minwoo again. Jeongmin patted Youngmin lightly on the head, using his other hand to throw some pebbles into the water in a careless manner.

"Why would I smile to someone from the Lee kingdom? Only the people of my kingdom can see that" Minwoo frowned, feeling like everyone he met from the Lee kingdom mocked him. "Why not? I smile to everyone to spread the joy!" Jeongmin argued in a light voice, showing Minwoo one of his bright smiles as Youngmin looked at Minwoo in disappointment. "I was told that Minwoo had the best smile out of everyone though hyung! Even you!" Youngmin whined like a baby, shaking Jeongmin's arm frantically. "Better than me? I don't think so!" Jeongmin exclaimed in shock, trying to give Youngmin the best smile he could.

"Why did I ever decide to even begin talking to you? Both of you two are idiots" Minwoo sighed, shaking his head a he looked at them, ashamed to even know who they were. Jeongmin stopped his actions of trying to convince to Youngmin that his smile was best, turning his head to look at Minwoo. "Hey! If you don't like me so much, maybe you shouldn't have began talking (arguing he means) to me five months ago!" Jeongmin pouted, feeling a sense of rejection as he was just told that Minwoo didn't want to be 'friends' with him anymore. "...five... months ago?" Youngmin asked, Jeongmin nodding in reply as Minwoo decided to leave the scene before he was forced to say anything else to the two strange brothers, not able to take how foolish they acted around their enemies.

"You're leaving already? I didn't even get to hear about what was happening over there yet!" Jeongmin called after him, wanting to hear about what it was like in the Kim family since the lay time they 'talked'. "Do you come here a lot?" Youngmin asked, not liking how his brother never told him about how he would occasionally meet up with a (frowning) member of the Kim family. "Maybe once every few weeks. We aren't really friends though, I'm doing this to catch up on how his older brother is and to tell him about how Hyunseonggie is" Jeongmin replied, smiling at Youngmin as he stood up and walked towards the gathering area in the middle of the lake, following the small river that separated the two kingdoms.

"For Hyunseong? Why?" Youngmin asked, not knowing much about the Kim family as he never showed interest of any sort. "Because they used to be friends. Minwoo's older brother and Hyunseong" Jeongmin answered calmly before laughing at Youngmin's bewildered reaction. "That... Isn't even possible! Is it?" Youngmin argued, not thinking that their kind brother would be friends with someone that was most likely to be similar to Minwoo (who left a bad first impression just because they weren't from the same kingdom). Jeongmin shrugged his shoulders, letting out a happy shout before running on the edge of the lake, Youngmin chasing after Jeongmin before suddenly seeing someone walk out in front of him.

"Move!" Youngmin screamed before crashing into the unknown person, causing him to fall on top of the other. Youngmin opened his eyes, groaning from the impact before staring into the others eyes, drowning into the calm, dark eyes of the other. Youngmin suddenly felt massive pain in his side as someone (presumably) kicked him as hard as a person possibly could, forcing Youngmin to fly off of the other. Youngmin cringed in pain as he saw someone help up the person he had crashed into, hearing a faint growl before fainting.

"Get away from my brother."

*****************

Ahh sorry for this fail of a chapter >.< I'm suffering from writers block and this was all I could think for this chaper TT.TT Maybe it'll get better soon!!! I hope you guys enjoyed though! Hope to hear of everyone's opinion! Bye~!!!

*P.S. if anyone read my other story... This one Minwoo will be nice!!!!! To everyone eventually~ I don't like mean Minwoo and plus, he's just negative about the fact that they are from the Lee kingdom and not his own >.<*