Weird Feelings

The Year of Heartbreaks
Please log in to read the full chapter

The sound of sneakers skidding on hardwood filled the mirror-walled room as the six guys of 2PM practiced their choreography. In several months, they would start their concert tour before Taecyeon had to enlist in the military. Taecyeon and then the others, meaning that the tour would be their last time together for a long while. They had to perfect this, a uniformed thought was shared as they caught each other's eyes on the mirror.

A drop of sweats rolled down Wooyoung's forehead and slipped into his eyes, making him grimaced and instantly stopped his movement. It was no big deal, but it made him realized he needed a chance to catch his breath. "How about a break?" he asked everyone.

"Sure, thirty minutes break!" replied Taecyeon, his own breath ragged.

They threw their body almost instantly and simultaneously on the floor, wiped out. Minjun chuckled to himself, "Woah, we're really getting old,"

"You are, I'm not," said Chansung casualy, earning amused laughs from his hyungs. "Where are you going?" he asked Junho who got up on his feet again.

"Restroom," the guy answered shortly and headed to the door.

Wooyoung got up and grabbed bottles of water from a corner of the room, throwing them one by one to his friends to refresh them. After everyone got their share, he opened his and emptied it at once. He could feel his body cooled down and his muscles relaxed as he plopped down on the floor. He fanned himself with his own tshirt and looked around the room. The room's door had been left opened when Junho went out, and his eyes flickered up when he saw a figure walked passed it. 

"Haneul-ah!" he shouted and cocked his head slightly to see better, "Come inside!"

Hearing her name called, Haneul stopped her feet and turned her head around. She didn't notice the opened door when she walked past it as she was busy looking at her phone. She popped her head at the door and greeted by the sight of 2PM members looking at her.

"Woah, practice?" she stepped into the room and looked around to the five guys sprawled on the floor, "You guys look beat up,"

"Here!" Wooyoung patted the floor next to him, asking her to sit.

She did so and sighed in annoyance the moment Wooyoung rested his head on her shoulder, "You called me for this, didn't you?"

"Mmhm.." he mumbled in agreement.

"Eww, you're so sweaty," she scrunched her nose and shoo him away but Wooyoung kept putting his head on her so she gave up.

Everyone had grown accustomed to the little bickerings between the two and so far enjoyed witnessing the smallest things Wooyoung and Haneul argued on. Everyone, but Junho. As he entered the room again, his delight in seeing Haneul in the room instantly changed into a strange feeling in his stomach when he realized that she wasn't there to see him. No, it's not jealousy. He didn't like Haneul that way, he repeatedly told himself. But, somehow, he felt uncomfortable everytime he saw her and Wooyoung being so close like this.

Junho nodded at Haneul to acknowledge her presence and then sat besides Chansung across the room. He felt Chansung nudged him and he remembered the conversation they had several days ago. "What?" he mouthed.

"Nothing," Chansung put on an innocent face, but then elbowed his side one last time.

"Stop it! I don't like her," Junho mouthed again. He was a bit annoyed to begin with and now his bestfriend's childish act made him frustrated.

"You remind me so much of my sister," Nickhun suddenly commented at Haneul, "Ahh I miss spending time with her,"

"But I bet your sister doesn't swing a kick at you, does she, hyung?" Wooyoung asked and immediately got his thigh met by Haneul's boots, "See!?"

Nickhun laughed and shook his head in amusement, he always thought of Wooyoung and Haneul as siblings with the ways they interacted. He believed everyone thought the same, but in fact he was wrong. Another older member of 2PM sitting beside him, Taecyeon, always felt that the relationship between Wooyoung and Haneul was interesting. Why weren't they together? Taecyeon questioned everytime. This time, too, he wondered the same as he looked at Wooyoung comfortably shut his eyes while leaning on her.

"What are you working on right now?" Taecyeon asked Haneul.

"Twice's new album. I'm just assisting though.." she replied and shrugged. 

"It must be hectic handling that together with Junho's concert preparation," Taecyeon commented in symphaty.

"What are you talking about?" Junho asked as Haneul about to ask the same thing, Taecyeon's words suddenly perked him up.

"Jinyoung-hyung haven't told you? Haneul is in charge of your concert sound production," Taecyeon said matter of factly. Junho looked at Haneul who had the same clueless expression as him.

"This is news for me too!" Haneul exclaimed, bewildered, "Since when?"

"Don't ask me, I heard it from the concert staff I met yesterday, the previous producer couldn't take more work these days,"

Haneul suddenly remembered the meeting she was about to have this afternoon with Park Jinyoung and it all made sense. She repeatedly nodded and looked at Junho in glee. She grinned widely at him, couldn't hide her excitement. Her first concert!

"I thought you guys knew and that's why you've been together most of the time," Taecyeon added.

"No, no, we didn't have any idea, right Junho?" Haneul asked Junho for confirmation.

Please log in to read the full chapter