The Cold

The Year of Heartbreaks
Please log in to read the full chapter

"How could you suddenly catch a cold during a summer?!" Wooyoung shook his head as he got into the driver seat of his car which was parked at the front of a pharmacy.

Sitting on the passenger seat, Haneul rolled her eyes in annoyance. "Well, why the hell such a heavy rain must come down during a summer?"

"Who told you to play around under the rain? You knew this always happen everytime you got rained on," Wooyoung took out two pills from the pack he just bought minutes ago and handed them to Haneul along with a water bottle. "Now, take this."

"Thanks," she took the pills from him and immediately put them in . It was annoying to hear Wooyoung nagged at her instead of being sympathetic. It's not like she wanted to get sick, and it was just a cold anyway. "Done. Now, you can shut up."

"Do you really have to go to work?" Wooyoung asked the question he already asked earlier that morning when he came to Haneul's apartment and saw her down with fever.

"Yes," she said shortly, and continued when he was about to nag at her again, "Oh, come on Woo, stop treating me like a child!"

"Okay. Okay." Wooyoung gave up and started the car, "I'll be at the company, in case you'll need something."

"I won't, mind your own business." she sulked.

"Don't skip your mea.." Wooyoung added when she cut him off with a frustrated sigh.

"OH MY GOD! Stop it already!" the guy had been nagging at her since the moment he came, she almost couldn't stand it no matter how she already used to it.

As Wooyoung drove past the traffic, Haneul rested her back and closed her eyes. This morning, she woke up with a massive headache and a fever, but there's no way she would let it be a reason not to come to work. She still got a ton of work waiting to be done. The fever would come down soon anyway, she thought as she tried to rest a little more during the ride to JYPE building.

The car's air conditioning made her felt cold after a while, and she slightly regretted only wearing a layer of thin pullover outside her tshirt. Still with eyes closed, she crossed her arms in front of her chest to help her get warmer. She did get warmer, but it wasn't because of her gesture. The weight of something covering the front side of her body instantly made her grasped the object to identify it. The rough fabric on her fingers let her know that Wooyoung had put his denim jacket on her.

"Wear it to work," she heard him say.

Haneul pulled the jacket closer and instantly felt the familiar scent of Wooyoung enveloped her. Already she felt so much better.

"Thanks, it's better than nagging."

Haneul had fallen asleep and the next thing she knew was Wooyoung softly shaking her shoulder to let her know they had arrived. She unfastened her seatbelt and properly wore the denim jacket she used as a blanket during the drive.

"So, want me to carry you upstairs?" she heard Wooyoung asked, his tone indicated that he was teasing her, "On a second thought, never mind, I don't want to break my waist." he added and got out of his car.

"Aishhh...YAH! I'm not that heavy!" Haneul rushed outside the car and jumped on to his back, "A man shouldn't take back his words. Now, off you go!" she patted his shoulders and pointed to the basement's building entrance.

With a grunt, Wooyoung got into the elevator and pressed the number button. The door was about to close when someone outside blocked it with his foot. The face of a familiar guy greeted them when the door opened again.

"Sorry. Oh hey!" Taecyeon said when he realized that Haneul and Wooyoung were the ones occupying the elevator. "Did you hurt your feet? Why are you there?" he asked Haneul and signaled to Wooyoung's back.

"Ah, no.." Haneul instantly got down to her feet, feeling embarassed that Taecyeon witnessed her childish act, "It's just a joke."

"Your weight is no joke though.." Wooyoung said in a low voice, earning a sharp glare from her.

Taecyeon chuckled at the two. It was always a sight to behold when they were together. "But you do seem unwell, Haneul-ah. You're sick?" he noticed her sunken eyes and her red nose. Her layers of outfit also didn't really fit the weather.

"It's just a cold," Haneul shrugged.

Taecyeon nodded and took another look at the two, he recognized the jacket she was wearing to be Wooyoung's. Why aren't they together? The usual question popped out again in his head. The two could be dating and nobody would b

Please log in to read the full chapter