Fueled

The Year of Heartbreaks (EDITING)
Please log in to read the full chapter

The ring of the doorbell blared inside Junhos's apartment, slowly waking the guy who was down with a severe hangover. He pulled his blanket to cover his head, no one supposed to come today and he wanted to keep it that way. Ignoring the nonstop noise from his door, he closed his eyes tighter and tried to go back to sleep. He didn't know what time it was and he didn't care. He would wake up when he wanted to, be it five minutes later or tomorrow. But the person outside didn't seem to realize that, as his finger constantly pressed on the call button trying to get Junho's attention.

"Aish!" Junho kicked his blanket down to the floor, "Can't you take a hint? Who are you anyway?!" he cursed.

He dragged his feet outside with his eyes half closed from the headache. Binge drinking for two days in a row was clearly not a smart decision, he thought. Opening the door, he greeted his guest with an unfriendly glare, "Had you consider that the houseowner may not be home?"

"But you're home, and you finally open the door," Taecyeon casually said and made his way inside. Junho rolled his eyes in annoyance at his insensitive guest.

"Can't you just call, hyung? It's unusual for you to come here, what do you need?" asked Junho while rubbing his eyes.

Taecyeon didn't immediately respond, he went further inside and invited himself to sit on the living room's couch. He looked around the place, trying to remember anything different from the last time he came here. He had only been here once during Junho's housewarming. Junho was indeed mostly alone in the house with his cats. His younger friend was indeed liked to be alone. Other than his parents, the only other person coming in and out of this place was Chansung. Well, Nickhun probably came sometimes too but it was just his habit to go around visiting people's houses uninvited.

"I see you got new furnitures," Taecyeon commented.

"I'm sure you didn't come to inspect my house. What is it, hyung?" Junho walked to the fridge and grabbed some water for him to drink. Taecyeon could get his own drink, he thought as he gulped down his water. He groaned after finishing his water because of the uncomfortable sensation in his head and stomach.

"Hangover? Just how much did you drink? It's not like you.." 

"No need to beat around the bush, what are you doing here?" Junho indifferently said and plopped himself on the couch beside his friend, "Arghh..my head.."

"I just have too many times to kill. Anyway, you look like , any problem?" Taecyeon scanned the coffee table in front of him, worried over the countless amount of empty bottles he saw. "Did you finished those by yourself? No wonder you look like you're dying now." he chuckled.

"I'm just... resting at home."

"Yeah right, you sure are resting from washing up," Taecyeon laughed seeing Junho's disheveled hair and the stains on his tshirt.

"Oh shut up." Junho said annoyed and curled on the couch trying to ease his stubborn headache. Meanwhile, Taecyeon gave himself a house tour by taking his time looking at things in the room. He picked up the figurines Junho put on a display shelf one by one, looking at it with such interest and then putting it back. All to just stall time to reveal what he really came here for. Junho couldn't care less about what his friend was doing, and kept his eyes closed. His stomach grumbled and the taste of some hot kimchi chigae suddenly haunted him.

"Hyung, I'm going to order food. Want some?" Junho asked Taecyeon.

"Hm? Ah, just order the same thing as you." Taecyeon couldn't be bothered thinking about his lunch menu, his mind was full of things ready to be said to the hangovered guy. "Junho-ah," he finally started.

Junho responded only with his eyes while he ordered food by the phone. Taecyeon waited until the call ended before talking again, "The other night, after your party, I met Wooyoung on my way back. And.."

"And what?" Junho put his phone on the table and sat up, ready to hear what his hyung will say. He saw Taecyeon sighed and slowly moved his hands around trying to form the right words.

"I don't know.. he said sorry? He wanted to say sorry in advance if anything happen in our group later. It's just... weird, I didn't understand any of it. Do you know anything? Could it be.."

"Me. He's talking about me." Junho voiced out his mind, he understood clearly where the conversation would be going. "The night of the party, we talked."

"Then?" Taecyeon carefully asked, "I'm sorry I don't get what you're saying.."

"Wooyoung knows that I like Haneul. I told him," Junho continued.

"Yah, you—" Taecyeon immediately put a decoration he was holding and rushed to approach Junho. A sense of urgency rose inside him, it was only several days ago that he warned Junho about it.

"He also knows.. that I'm not stepping back. You should know that too." Junho turned his head at the older guy with a determined look, "And hyung, you're being nosy, you know that right?"

Taecyeon held himself back from saying all of the things that he wanted to say and heaved out a heavy sigh instead. Of course, the situation at hand now was a matter about people's hearts, something that he couldn't intervere. It also didn't directly involve him. He was concerned nonetheless, he didn't want anything that can hurt their brotherhood. That being said, he knew he had no power this time.

"You always like Wooyoung better than me.." Junho sighed besides him, "This time too, you're on his side instead of

Please log in to read the full chapter