Favorite Guy

The Year of Heartbreaks (EDITING)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Everyone has secrets, and if there was one thing that Junho kept to himself all these times was the fact that he didn't believe in destiny. Sure, he sang about it from time to time, but for him, it was nonsensical to believe in fate. You have to work to get what you wanted. A chance meeting, fateful encounter, or whatever people decided to call it, just existed in fairytales. There were only coincidences, and if you really wanted something out of them, you had to try making the best of those coincidences.

Walking down the hallway of JYPE building, his feet voluntary headed to the corner room on the 5th floor. This new habit of his had been going for weeks now, and so far he enjoyed it. Upon reaching the room, he noticed that the door was slightly ajar and he peeked his head through the opening.

"Why is the door open?" he asked Haneul who was focused on her computer screen. The woman jumped a litttle on her seat and turned her head at the door.

"You scared me!"

"Ahh I'm sorry, I should've knocked," Junho stepped inside and pulled out a chair for him to sit beside her, "So, what are you doing so seriously?"

"I'm working on a sample music for Twice," she shrugged at her computer, "Care to listen?" she played the music on her computer and waited for his reaction. Composing a dance music was pretty new for her so it was kind of hard to decide whether it was good or bad without a second opinion.

"I think it's good. New, but good," he smiled assuring her. JYP did great in scouting her, he thought, as she definitely brought a new sound in the music she produced.

"Really? Well, hopefully the senior producers will think so too," she sighed, "I have to send it to them for review tomorrow," 

"It's more than enough for a first round of review, believe me," Junho assured her one more time, "Forget about it for a minute, why don't we go get lunch? You haven't eat, right?" he looked at his watch, it's 2.30 pm already yet by what he knew these past few weeks she never remembered eating lunch.

Realizing how famished she was, Haneul nodded and decided to have lunch with him at the cafetaria downstairs. She liked the food there and couldn't really afford to spend time finding a restaurant outside at the moment.

After getting their own meals, Haneul and Junho sat at a table by the window to eat. The place was empty as it's past lunchtime and people must be busy with their own activities. Which made her wonder how Junho got the time to have lunch with her every other day.

"You really have so much free time, don't you?" she chuckled.

"What do you mean?" he frowned in confusion.

"I see you almost everyday!"

"Yah! I'm busy too, you know. It's just that I specifically make time to see you,"

"Eh? Why?" it's her turn to furrow her eyebrows. She couldn't find any reason why he should see her, they didn't have any work to do together.

"Don't you remember?" Junho put his chopsticks down on the table and looked up at her, "I'm lonely..." he continued with an obviously made-up pitiful face.

"Junho-ah! Aish, be serious for once!" she laughed and put Junho's chopsticks back in his palm, "Just eat, forget that I asked,"

"I'm being serious though.. I like talking to you everyday," Junho insisted while continuing his meal. Haneul shrugged and admitted to him that she also liked chatting with him, and that she couldn't wait to do a project together with him.

Junho was busy preparing his solo concerts, and he also had upcoming drama and movie projects to look forward to. It meant that they working together must have to wait. Too bad, he thought, as he really looked forward to it. It was also one of his reason why he made time to see her, otherwise the chance they would cross paths these day would be one in a million. That would be unfortunate considering he missed his chance on getting to know her once in the past.

"Mind if I join?" a deep voice greeted the two as they both finished their meals, and when they looked up they saw Chansung stood beside the table.

"Oh Chansung! Sit," Haneul welcomed him, "But I have to go upstairs now, I still have work left," she regretted.

"Now?" Junho widen his eyes.

"Yes, I'm sorry," s

Please log in to read the full chapter