Come to Me

The Year of Heartbreaks (EDITING)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Nothing was ever what it seemed, Junho repeatedly told himself. He raised the glass he held in his hand to his lips and let the bitter liquids filled his mouth as his eyes locked on the pair dancing on the middle of the room. In front of his eyes, Haneul and Wooyoung stood close to each other with his hands laid comfortably on the sides of her body.

They are just friends.

Junho's whole body tensed as an unknown pressure slowly took presence in his chest. Blood rushed quickly through his head making him slightly dizzy. He took another gulp from his glass, hoping that the burning sensation of alcohol in his throat would distract him.

They're just dancing, Junho conveyed himself.

"See? She's Wooyoung's," Taecyeon slowly said as he stood beside him.

"She's not a property!" Junho stated with gritted teeth. He hated when Taecyeon talked about her in such a way. 

"I know, I know. You know what I mean.." Taecyeon said defensively, "The point is, she's off-limit,"

Junho kept his silence. It wasn't that he didn't know it, he just tried not to care. His feelings for Haneul had slowly beaten every last bit of his conscience. As he brought his glass up again to his lips, his hand stopped mid-air the moment Wooyoung's nose met Haneul's as if leaning for a kiss. His breath halted and something inside him burned. He put his glass on the nearest table as his feet involuntary rushed forward.

"Where are you going?" Taecyeon grabbed him by the shoulder, panic was hinted in his tone as he glanced at the pair on the dance floor. He managed to pull Junho back to his place earning a disapproving grunt from the younger guy, "Junho-ah, control yourself,"

Like a sulking kid, Junho shook away Taecyeon's hand from his shoulder and walked away from him. He had enough of his nag. His feelings weren't Taecyeon's business, he angrily thought. He headed to the restroom and sprayed his face with cold water from the sink. He needed to cool his mind down as the image of Haneul in Wooyoung's embrace painfully displayed in his head.

When he opened the restroom door, he witnessed Wooyoung walked out the ballroom alone looking upset. Junho's eyes instantly turned to the dance floor, where he saw Haneul froze in her place bewildered. Seconds later, Haneul turned around and lifelessly walked to the opposite end of the room.

What the happened?

Junho rushed pass the dancing crowd to get to her and managed to catch her, "Hey!"

Haneul turned around after she heard him calling her, "Oh. Hey," she smiled weakly.

"Having fun?" He asked, pretending not to notice her sour mood.

"Yeah, the party's great!" She faked an excitement, he noticed, "But I think I have enough partying, I'll be leaving now. Thanks for your hard work today, Junho-ah. Congratulations for completing the concert!,"

"Already?" Junho frowned, "How about we get ourselves some fresh air before you leave? This hotel has a great roof terrace, let's go up there,"

She hesitated for a moment but then, to his relief, she nodded, "Let's go,"

 

 

 

 

 

They took the elevator to the highest floor, which turned out to be a rooftop lounge with an outdoor terrace. Although the place had already closed several hours ago, there were still enough lights filling up the space so it wasn't completely dark. The two walked past the empty lounge and settled under one of the gazebos there. Junho took the place beside Haneul and pulled out two bottles of beer from the pocket of his jacket.

"Where did you get that?" Haneul laughed seeing them.

"I snuggled these out of the party, thought you might need them," Junho smirked.

"Oh," she said, "Is it about yesterday? Because I'm fine, really," 

"No. Ermm..I saw Wooyoung left in a not so happy mood and you also seemed distracted after that. So, did you two fight or something?" he asked carefully.

Haneul bit her bottom lip and sighed, she looked down to her lap while giving a vague answer "Just.. something,"

"Do you want to talk about it?" Junho raised one of his eyebrows, pretending to sound casual but he was clearly curious.

Haneul slowly shook her head.

"

Please log in to read the full chapter