Coffee and a New Friend

The Year of Heartbreaks (EDITING)
Please log in to read the full chapter

"So, I love your music," Junho said to Haneul, trying to start a conversation. It was just the two of them now in the room since Taecyeon and Minjun left. 

"Really? You've heard them?" Haneul asked, pleasantly surprised. Her music was mostly instrumental pieces, and not that many people would really look into the producer behind them. Junho then mentioned several titles and even hummed some of his favorites. "Wow, Wooyoung doesn't even know some that you mentioned," she laughed.

"All he knows is dancing, so no surprise," Junho shrugged and continued telling her what he thought of her music, "You're like the Hans Zimmer of South Korea," he complimented her.

"Okay, now you're totally bluffing," she laughed hard and thought obviously Junho only said that to be nice, "or trying to get on my good side," she smirked at him. Being a producer in an entertainment agency meant that she held a significant role in making the final call for an album, and she wouldn't be surprised if Junho was nice to her to make his life easier in the future.

"Is it working?" he teased. 

"We'll see," she shrugged, teasing him back. She then looked at the time and realized she had spent a long time there when she should be working. It's not the time to slack off, being her first day and all. "Hey, I think I should go back to my room," she stood up.

"Mind if I join you?" Junho also jumped up from where he was sitting.

"Don't you have things to do?" she asked while they both walked outside the room and headed to the elevator.

"Well, I'm just here for the briefing, I'm free for the rest of the day," he answered, pushing the elevator button and let her walked inside first when the door opened.

Junho being there with her turned out to be a blessing, because aside from reviewing notes on the ongoing projects from other producers she got nothing else to do. It was nice to have someone to talk to and accompany her for the day. Also, he knew so much about the company and its projects. Haneul had heard Wooyoung talked about Junho being a workaholic, and she could see it right away. 

"I'm sorry to keep you all day here," Haneul apologized when they finally headed down, ready to leave the company.

"Hey, I invited myself, so no worries. Anyway, you're up for a cup of coffee?"

"Well sure, you know a good place?" she could really use a cup of warm coffee at the moment, her last one was this morning and it's eight in the afternoon already.

Junho told her a cafe he frequented and they both went by separate cars. In the cafe, they occupied a corner table with big-sized beanbags instead of sofas. There were cafes targeted for couples but not this one, she realized. The atmosphere was casual and cozy, the kind of place she would go to if she needed to work outside her office. She looked around and noticed that most people here were either in groups or alone with their laptops, telling her that she was right. 

"It's a nice place," she said after their orders came and sipped on her Caffe Latte, "and they make good coffee too!"

"That's exactly why I brought you here, I was here all the time whenever I get bored at home or the company," Junho also drank his Americano. He rested his back on the fluffy beanbag and couldn't help himself but to glance at Haneul who was checking on her phone. He actually met her once when he was shooting Music and Lyrics. At the time he was meeting the drama producer, he saw actress Kim Soeun -his partner for the show- greeted her. He noticed right then that she was the Shin Haneul he knew, but his intention to get Soeun to introduce him to her left forgotten as his tight schedule kept him busy. Now, the woman he really wanted to meet was right in front of him. To add to that, she was also turned out to be Wooyoung's bestfriend. The world was such a small place, he thought.

"So, how close are you with Wooyoung?" he asked, suddenly curious. He saw how Wooyoung tousled her hair earlier.

"We're practically family,"

"How so?"

"I lived with his family since middle school, so yeah.." she left her words hanging, and felt a little tensed up because she knew what question would come next.

"Really? Where's your family?" he blurted without thinking and suddenly realized th

Please log in to read the full chapter