Bestfriend's Jealousy

The Year of Heartbreaks
Please log in to read the full chapter

Driving behind Wooyoung's car, Haneul turned the steering wheel to the right at the intersection. She was not familiar with the area where JYPE's new building was located and been trying her best to remember the route from her apartment. She lost her intention two intersections before though.

"Heck, there's always GPS.." she said to herself.

She saw Wooyoung pulled over about 200 meters ahead and noticed their destination building right away. Her phone rang the moment she tried to park behind his car, with Wooyoung's name on the screen.

"You should park inside. I'll be out in few hours so it'll be best for me to park here instead," he explained.

"Ah, I see." she headed to the building's parking space and succeeded in parking in reverse on the first try. After shutting off the engine, she checked her hair and make up just to be sure everything's in place. She tidied her side bangs, and brushed her hair with her fingers. She took a deep breath before getting out of the car and saw Wooyoung was waiting for her.

"Way to go, girl. Neat parking there!" he high-fived Haneul, "I taught you right."

Haneul just laughed and walked with him into the building. They headed directly to the room where morning briefings usually took place. Upon entering, Haneul noticed that three members of 2PM were there along with people she assumed were company staffs sitting around a big meeting table. However, the person she expected to see was nowhere to be seen. 

"Looking for Jinyoung hyung?" asked someone. Haneul turned around and realized that the question came from Taecyeon who was smiling brightly towards her. He was sitting on a chair closest to the door and then stood up to greet her.

"Ah, yes." replied Haneul, she bowed at him and introduced herself to everyone, "I'm Shin Haneul, the new producer."

"I've heard about you from Jinyoung hyung, nice to finally meet you." Taecyeon replied her bow. Everyone in the room also introduced themselves and Haneul sat beside Wooyoung several chairs apart from Taecyeon. Junho and Minjun also welcomed her. Soon, the person everyone was waiting entered the room.

"So, everyone's here. We'll begin by meeting our new producer, Shin Haneul." he smiled at Haneul and she repeated the introduction she just did moments before. "I don't know whether any of you heard of her yet, but she is quite renown in the broadcasting world. She wrote and produced some soundtracks for drama series and movies, and had been taking art in writing music for musicals too." Park Jinyoung continued.

"That's quite an experience you got," Minjun said, "I can't wait to work with you."

"Thank you, I can't wait to work with you too," Haneul said politely.

"Okay, then. We'll all get to know her better as she works here. Wooyoung-ah, you should show her around later and get her familiar with things, okay?" said Park Jinyoung.

"Yes, sir!" Wooyoung saluted jokingly and assured Haneul, "I'll also show you my hiding spot later, agasshi," he fist bumped Haneul, unintentionally earning a questioning look from everyone.

"Yah," Junho was slightly surprised about his friend's too easygoing behavior. He thought it was burdensome to the new person, remebering that they just met about half an hour ago. Junho didn't even dare to talk to her yet seeing how nervous she looked.

"Wae? Ah, sorry.." Wooyoung realized something, "she is my bestfriend, we've known each other since forever," he grinned.

"What? Really?" Taecyeon asked with wide eyes.

"Wait.." Junho moved forward on his seat and looked as if he was thinking. The name rang a bell and he knew he heard of it on several occasions, "Haneul.. wait, I know you. Han..Haneul! The friend you always call! Haneul is a woman?" he asked surprised.

Junho remembered how Wooyoung got a habit of calling someone every night during their time living together in the dorm, and he also noticed Wooyoung would be on the call with the same person after concerts. He once thought it was his girlfriend, but the satoori Wooyoung used made him think it was his friend from back home.

"You thought Haneul was a guy?" Wooyoung laughed.

"Aish.." Junho scratched his head feeling embarrassed, he turned to Haneul, "I'm sorry, I really thought you were a guy,"

"No offense taken, he does talk to me rather brashly on the phone, so I get it," Haneul gave a polite laugh.

"Okay guys, the woman Haneul will be working with us from now on. So, let's start the briefing," Park Jinyoung steered back the conversation and continued to lead the meeting.

Haneul

Please log in to read the full chapter