everything feels right since you came along

Sugar Cake

Call her lazy but Joohyun would love to just stay in the cottage near the outskirts of the city where she lives together with her girlfriend, instead of flying to the other side of the world attending the most prestigious fashion show. She will wear a beautiful dress made with utmost detail and precision, yes, but nothing is more comfortable than Seungwan’s oversized hoodie.

“It will just be another week until we meet again, love,” Seungwan assured her over the phone yesterday, when Joohyun was wailing because she missed their queen size bed and the hotel bed she’s in right now doesn’t feel the same. “You can do this.”

Yeah, she can. But at the same time, she can’t.

All Joohyun wants is to wake up because Seungwan kisses her face over and over until her cheek becomes wet. Her wide smile being the first thing she saw in the morning and Joohyun will stop her kisses by circling her arms around her neck, pulling her in for a morning kiss and forcing Seungwan to go back to bed with her. The thing that has been constantly happening every morning since the start of their relationship four years ago.

Well, not every morning, considering the nature of her job that requires Joohyun to sometimes not be present at their home. Or if Seungwan got an offer to act in a movie that rarely will hit a rating more than 7.0 mark.

Safe to say, Joohyun is the more famous girlfriend because of her status as a worldwide supermodel. While Seungwan—the former child actress turned adult actress who will do her acting gig if only there is an offer—is now better known as the supermodel’s loving girlfriend that made her bear the title of ‘Girlfriend of The Year’ for three years in a row.

Joohyun scrolls through the gallery on her phone as she gets ready for her fashion show, smiling to herself as she looks at Seungwan’s candid photos she took secretly without her girlfriend knowing.

There is a picture of Seungwan still deep in her sleep, with drools sneaking out from the corner of her lips to make a pool on her pillow. Joohyun remembers it was the day after her girlfriend needed to be away for three months to shoot a movie abroad. She was so tired that the moment she arrived home, Seungwan immediately went to bed without even giving a damn to her luggage nor to her own girlfriend.

So it was not surprising when Joohyun is the first one to wake up the next morning, when it’s usually Seungwan. 

She took her time in waking up Seungwan in the same manner like how her girlfriend usually did to her. Joohyun even had a mini photoshoot session in the morning, secretly taking photos of her sleeping girlfriend and thinking it would be nice to be kept and uploaded for Seungwan’s birthday post in her social media.

After she was satisfied with the amount of embarrassing photos Seungwan surely would whine when she saw this, Joohyun put aside her phone on the nightstand beside her bed and started to shower her girlfriend’s face with small and loving kisses.

Unlike her, it doesn’t take Seungwan a long time to be awake. Her closed eyes pried open slowly, trying to register what was happening. Soon, the tip of her lips curled into a lazy smile. “Hi, baby,” she says, in the signature hoarse voice of someone who just woke up from a satisfying deep sleep. The voice that makes Joohyun bit her bottom lip because she missed listening to her voice, and she can’t remember the last time it sounded this y to her ears.

“Good morning,” Joohyun greeted back, complete with a soft kiss on the tip of her nose. “Nice sleep?”

Seungwan stretched her body instead of answering her, along with making weird noises that brought a giggle out from Joohyun. After that, she put her arms around her waist, burying her face inside her neck. There’s tiny kisses on her skin, and a lazy hum. “I missed you.”

“Missed you too, big baby,” confessed Joohyun, running her fingers through the smooth hair of her girlfriend. “I bought breakfast.”

“What? A glass of an odd-looking green juice?” joked Seungwan, that wins her a strong pinch on her waist from Joohyun. “Ow! Did you know that was considered domestic violence?”

“Whatever,” Joohyun rolled her eyes, ignoring the childish whine coming from Seungwan as she detached herself from her hold. Leaving her alone in bed. “You can forget your croissant and artisan bread I bought from your favorite bakery.”

Joohyun bit her bottom lip, holding back her snicker when she heard Seungwan fumbling in panic from the bed. “Baby, it was just a joke, you know right? I’m so-”

She didn’t listen to the rest because she just closed their bedroom door. Leaving Seungwan alone with her misery.

“Joohyun?” her manager calls, breaking her thoughts from Seungwan and their silly endeavors that morning. “What do you want to eat after the show?”

“Pepperoni pizza,” answered Joohyun quickly, like she already had that answered for days. Her manager responded with a mere nod, and left her alone again so she could get ready again for the catwalk she is about to do.

Her thumb scrolled through the gallery of photos again, smiling to herself as a collection of pictures from her date with Seungwan filled her phone screen. There’s one on the day they take a stroll on the riverside of Han River in the afternoon, hands tangled in a tight lock. There’s one when they go to Yeosu to camp and sleep underneath the sea of stars. She still had the selfie photos they took when they were about to go to sleep, heads decorated with a towel they made to look like a lamb horn.

The scrolling stops when she finds a picture of Seungwan that Joohyun secretly takes again without her knowing. A picture of a sleeveless Seungwan, with her hair done in a low ponytail as she cooked for them both.

Joohyun might have watered from the delicious lunch back then, but the sight of Seungwan’s arms does make her mind think about unspeakable things.

Seungwan looked ethereal back then, if Joohyun needed to say it. The huge window near the kitchen allows natural lights to fill the room without making too much effort. As they landed on Seungwan, it caused her skin to glow like she was made from the finest gold. The light also helps in pointing out the features of her face that Joohyun thinks is too perfect to be true. The bridge of her nose became much sharper. There is this urge in her to bite Seungwan’s jaw.

So she did exactly that, which made Seungwan jump in surprise.

“What?” bewildered Seungwan blinked her eyes, she even stopped cooking. She turned around to look at Joohyun, who was pretending like she did nothing earlier. Not even suddenly biting her jaw. “What?”

“Nothing,” Joohyun shrugged, pointing at their lunch with her eyes. “You might want to watch over our lunch.”

Her girlfriend blinked once again before she returned her attention back to their lunch, which started to create smoke. Seungwan yelped in panic, while Joohyun needed to cover to hold back her laughter because the actress looked so adorable right now.

The urge to bite her jaw doesn’t stop there. 

They decided to eat their lunch on the couch, sitting side by side while binge watching a drama Seungwan is currently obsessed with. The drama was fun, Joohyun understood why the younger girl liked the drama.

But it wasn’t enough to keep her eyes focused on the TV screen, as her eyes glanced back to Seungwan who was in her fully focused mode because the drama just entered the part. Well, it’s more of Joohyun staring at her jaw, who was moving because her girlfriend was still not yet finishing her food.

Somehow the movement caused the skin to flex, making her jaw look sharper once again. Joohyun is not even fighting the urge inside her as she leans forward and bites her jaw for the second time that day.

It’s either Seungwan already used to it or she was too invested with the drama, because her response this time is merely a pause and slowly turning her head to look at Joohyun with an odd expression. She deadpanned at her, who was flashing her guiltless smile. “What’s coming over you today?”

“I just like your jaw,” giggled Joohyun, easily cradling her face gently to pull her closer and taking another bite on her jaw. “It’s very bite-able.”

“It is not bite-able,” snorted Seungwan, taking another bite of her lunch before she almost choked herself because Joohyun suddenly bit her jaw for the nth time they both lost count. “Stop it! I want to eat.”

“And I want to bite your jaw.”

“Do it later,” grumbled Seungwan, wiping her jaw that was wet because of Joohyun, who was laughing her heart out from the disturbed expression her girlfriend currently has on her face right now. “Let me finish this first. After that, you can bite my jaw anytime you like.”

Of course, like usual, Joohyun didn't listen. She keeps stealing bites on her jaw, doing it over and over again until Seungwan breaks and pins her against the couch, kissing on her cheek and neck that feels ticklish as her payback. The laugh Joohyun let out that night had never felt so light before as she saw a smile forming on Seungwan's face, looking down at her like she is the only woman who is worthy of her love.

"You are such a menace," sighed Seungwan in defeat, and Joohyun noticed how the gap between their faces kept inching closer.

"I love you too," Joohyun replied back, causing the smile on Seungwan's face to grow wider before she closed their gap to kiss her lips. A sweet kiss that grew into something else as Seungwan decided to ignore her drama and brought Joohyun with her to their bedroom instead, doing things only adults allowed to do.

The fashion show was packed with tons of famous people coming from the fashion and entertainment industry, being invited to see the newest collection from a prestigious haute couture fashion brand in one of the cities in Europe. It’s nothing new for Joohyun to participate in walking the runway and being the center of attention for these people. But still, it was enough to give a nudge on her nerves.

So when she heard a familiar voice coming from the crowd as she took her walk, it oddly comforted her along with injecting her with embarrassment.

“Yes, baby, you did so good!” Seungwan yelled at the top of her lungs along with hand clappings that didn't scream modest, surprising her with her sudden appearance in the fashion show. She looks good in her beige designer suit piece and—is that a pizza box she brought with her? “Bae Joohyun, you are killing it! I’m so proud of you babe!”

What the .

Like what she had predicted, Seungwan didn’t waste her time in approaching her backstage after the fashion show was done. She was all smiling, bringing along a box of pizza that she bought before the show as she greeted other people while making her way towards her. “Hi, baby.”

“Why don’t you tell me that you are attending the fashion show?” Joohyun asked, leaving her seat to face Seungwan while she was in the midst of erasing the make-up off her face.

“I thought it would be a good idea to surprise you,” answered Seungwan sheepishly while scratching the back of her head. She stands there awkwardly with the pizza box still in her hand when Joohyun didn't say anything. “Hey, I’m sorry if it upset you or anything. I just tho-”

Seungwan didn’t get to finish her words because Joohyun cut her sentence by grabbing her face and kissing her on the lips. The gesture surprises Seungwan, but she recovers quickly enough to reciprocate her kiss and manage to put her free hand on her back. The heat coming from her palm searing through her skin, Joohyun sighed from the touch.

“That was nice,” muttered Seungwan after they broke the kiss that left both of them winded. Her eyes staring down on her lips, there is an appreciative smirk on her face. “Maybe I should surprise you more.”

“You are such a dork,” Joohyun giggled, eyeing the big pizza box Seungwan still has in her hand. “Pepperoni pizza?”

“Your order,” beamed Seungwan, showing off the box proudly like it was a trophy she just won from a prestigious competition. Joohyun laughed at her silly act. “Just the way you like it.”

Joohyun kissed her again. “I love you.”

“Alright, from now on, please know that I will be your personal delivery woman,” declared Seungwan as she put the pizza box on the empty desk beside Joohyun. She only laughed as her girlfriend revealed the sight of mouth-watering pizza, ready to be enjoyed by her. Seungwan kissed her cheek. “Bon appetit, baby.”

It sounds cheesy, but Seungwan's sudden appearance in the fashion show along with bringing her a large size of pepperoni pizza is enough to brighten her days. Her girlfriend decided to interact with the other models whom she managed to befriend because of her relationship with Joohyun, to allow her to take her time in cleaning up after a major show that is important for her modeling career. She took a bite on her pepperoni pizza, from the warm familiar taste filling as her hunger started to kick in.

"Damn, should I be jealous over a slice of pizza?"

"Stop being so silly and eat this with me," Joohyun rolled her eyes, which Seungwan replied with a giggle as she took a seat beside her and took a slice of pizza from the box she brought along with her. "How can you be here? I mean—how?"

"I got invited," answered Seungwan, too quick for Joohyun's liking as she raised her eyebrow because she knows her girlfriend just lied. She might be an actress and always be able to convince Joohyun whenever they played mafia games together with their friends, but for this kind of thing, she noticed easily. Seungwan playfully rolled her eyes, knowing there is no way out for her instead of coming clean. "Your manager helped me get a spot."

"Really?" snorted Joohyun as she turned around, trying to find her manager. But of course, her presence is already nonexistent backstage.

"Look, who cares about that? You are phenomenal tonight, babe. Like, I literally can't stop looking at you," Seungwan started to praise her, in her most exaggerated way. Joohyun might always for it, telling her that it was too much. But deep down, her heart skipped a bit from every word Seungwan told her. Causing a blush to bloom on both of her cheeks. "You are the main star. The dress is beautiful. You are beautiful. The whole time I was watching you, I was like, 'Damn, did I really date this girl?' Because clearly, you took my breath away."

"Alright, let's stop you from talking before you choke on your pizza," brushed off Joohyun, although she was convinced that her face was already as red as a ripe tomato. 

"Hey, I mean it," Seungwan pushed through, trying to make a point. "You did so well tonight, babe. I'm proud of you."

See? How could Joohyun not smile when Seungwan said that and look at her like she was the prettiest woman she has ever encountered in this world. Joohyun leaned forward to drop a kiss on her greasy lips, and didn't care about the taste of pizza in their contact. "Thanks, baby. For everything."

Seungwan smiled wide, the smile that Joohyun loved the most because her cheek would bunch up and she looked so adorable like that. 

They finished their pepperoni pizza quite in peace. Quite, because some of the models came to them to ask for a slice of pizza and betrayed Joohyun by telling Seungwan how miserable she was before her girlfriend came to visit her. Joohyun was whining throughout the tease while Seungwan laughed before joining them to poke fun at her. A pout formed on her lips, and Seungwan quickly erased it with a light kiss.

Turns out, Seungwan's action of cheering loudly for her has become the main event of the fashion show. Everyone talks about it, and it wasn't a surprise for the reporters to swarm on them to ask her girlfriend about why she did that when they were about to leave the venue.

"Everyone was surprised when you suddenly cheered for her as loud as you can, and we did not fail to notice the big box of pizza you brought along with you," started the reporter after they gave their permission to conduct the interview. "What's the reason behind the romantic action? Is it to tell the world that you still deserve the title of Girlfriend of The Year for this year?"

"Well," Seungwan paused a little to chuckle over the funny last question. "I mean, I did that because I know how nervous it might be for her to be on the catwalk for one of the most famous brands, in one of the prestigious fashion shows in this world. I also know how hard she worked for this, how she prepared everything for this show. I want to help her to get rid of the anxiety that she might feel, that's why I cheered for her. To see all of her hard work being paid off, I can't help but to feel super proud for her. And it's clearly not because I was eyeing for another title of Girlfriend of The Year, although it would be nice if I can win it again if you want me to answer that."

Joohyun was laughing at her silly answers, but she quickly regained her composure when the reporter switched to her. "What about you, Joohyun? It must be surprising for you to suddenly have her in the crowds."

"I will not lie, it is surprising to hear her scream in the middle of my walk and catch a glimpse of her cheering for me like I was in a sports game," Joohyun started, looking at Seungwan who had been staring at her since the start of her interview. "It was annoying, but it does help me a lot to be more confident and to not be nervous with my walk. That's why I'm so thankful to her for doing that. Thank you, baby."

Seungwan flashed her a wide smile before she leaned forward to kiss her on the cheek, close to the corner of her lips. Joohyun was giggling from the contact, and the camera from the reporter perfectly captures the romance between the couple.

A sweet ending for a delightful night.

---

They are finally alone, away from the biz and from other people's attention as they retreat to her hotel room. Per Joohyun's wish, her manager allowed Seungwan to stay together with her instead of giving her another room.

As soon as the door closed, Joohyun let her body fall inside Seungwan's embrace. Burying her face inside the crook of her neck as they stand in the middle of a grand-size hotel room, wrapped in their own privacy. The scent of Seungwan's favorite perfume filled her nose, and it was oddly comforting for Joohyun as a wave of warmth washed away all of her fatigue and buzzing nerves she got post-show.

"Missed me that much?" teased Seungwan, acting like her arms that were wrapped around her lithe waist weren't trapping her in a tight hug.

"You have no idea," sighed Joohyun truthfully, leaving her collarbone to see her good-looking face who still made her crazy after all these times. "Everyday, I wished for this hotel to be our apartment. To suddenly have you appear from the bathroom after taking a shower and being silly because their hot water works like wonders."

Seungwan smiled, leaning forward to capture her lips in a sweet kiss that made the butterflies inside Joohyun flutter. It's unbelievable how Seungwan still has that effect on her. "I missed you too. Turns out, it was the right decision from me to give you a surprise. You killed the show tonight."

"I know," giggled Joohyun, closing their gap for another kiss, this time messier because Seungwan can't stop laughing. "Thanks to someone's sudden appearance when she told me she was busy with her new movie project."

"Okay, I might need to lie a little bit for this surprise. We were just reading the scripts and I got a lot of free time after. So I thought, maybe I should visit you and watch you doing what you're best at," the gorgeous girl in front of her smiled again, kissed her again like she will never get tired of doing the same thing over and over again. Not that Joohyun was complaining, when she wants her whole day just to be spent like this. "When is your day off?"

"Tomorrow, and the day after," answered Joohyun, knowing there must be something behind the question. "Why? Are you planning to take me somewhere?"

"I actually am," grinned Seungwan, like she was feeling super proud of what she was doing without Joohyun having any knowledge about it. "Let's go around the city. I have a list of places I thought would be lovely for us to visit. Sightseeing, walking around somewhere. Maybe spending time like they did in Before Sunrise."

"Are we really going to do one of your obsessions? Reenacting a super good movie?"

"Hey, I mean, you will do good as Julie Delpy," shrugged Seungwan, laughing when Joohyun gave her waist a pinch. "I'm joking, babe. But, really, I just want to walk around with you."

Joohyun hummed, thinking over the proposal Seungwan just gave her in a manner of teasing. She did it long enough for Seungwan to attack her by kissing her neck in a ticklish manner, which forced Joohyun to break from her character. "Okay, yes! Let's do it tomorrow, you big baby."

Seungwan grinned as she clashed their lips in a kiss, much longer than the previous. Joohyun smiled from the kiss, too in love with her touch and her affection to reciprocate in a proper manner. Then again, Seungwan doesn't say anything about it if their kiss was messy. "I love you."

"I love you too," chuckled Joohyun, kissing her lips again like that's the only thing to keep her alive.

Like Seungwan is the reason for her to live.

---

you have no idea how long this story has stayed in my draft. i'm so happy i can finally finish this.

anyway, this was inspired from barbara palvin x dylan sprouse because i thought their relationship are super cute (and i rarely gaf over het couple so that says a lot) so i went "hmmm let me write this abt my ship" so yeah, thats where the inspiration is!

please leave a comment and let me know what you think about this story! if you want to interact with me, you can find me on twitter (just follow, i will accept)! feel free to also buy me a coffee!

i think that's all from me. thank you for reading, i hope you enjoy and like this work, and see you in the next story!