Eyes Locked, Hands Locked

Sugar Cake

Very recommended for all of you to read this while listening Eyes Locked, Hands Locked by Red Velvet. This is a congratulatory story for the release of The ReVe Festival Day 2! Please enjoy!

-------------------

Chirps of birds outside can be heard from inside that room. The morning sunlight shyly breaking through the window’s curtains, trying to pour down the warm light, and landed softly on someone’s eyes.

The eyes twitched, and opened up, revealing a beautiful soft hazel brown eyes. She sighed softly, trying not to make a loud sound, so the person beside her won’t be disturbed. Slowly but surely, she’s trying to detach her arms from the person’s waist and got out of the bed.

She yawned softly and rubbed her eyes while her other hand reached for the clock at the nightstand. The clock blinked numbers onto her eyes. 7.00 a.m. Still a bit early, she thought.

Feeling that the person on her bed won’t be awake shortly, she left the room and immediately walked to the kitchen, opening up the refrigerator.

“Eggs, paprika, leeks,” she muttered, scanning the whole content of the refrigerator. “Now I need to make notes to remind myself of buying some groceries later.”

She brought some of the ingredients inside it and put it at the kitchen island when she takes a look at the situation on the living room. A brown long coat has been tossed to the sofa carelessly. A black purse beside it, which she sure that there is still some stuff inside of it.

She sighed. It’s been days since the last time her girlfriend came home from work early. She knows that the situation in the office is hectic, but she can’t help herself to not feel worried about her girlfriend’s condition.

She barely even met her in the morning. Usually, they always give each other a goodbye kiss on the front door. Telling one another to be careful on the trip to work, and hoping they have a good day in the office, which rarely happens.

And now, her girlfriend barely made it home at dinner time. It’s been three days since the last time they eat dinner together. She always cooks alone, eats alone.

She missed her girlfriend’s presence, circling arms on her waist, accompany her cooking, feeling how she always leaned her head onto the crook of her neck. Her girlfriend’s lips on her skin, moving it softly against it as she tells how her days have been going. Sometimes giving a warm peck to the soft skin, making her squirmed by the actions.

The kitchen feels so cold lately. In need of someone’s warm presence. And she hates it.

“Does she know the word ‘rest’?” she muttered angrily, worry fulfilling her emotions. She shook her head, trying to get rid the thoughts. “Wendy, it’s still 7.10 in the morning. Just focus on making breakfast.”

She cracked open the egg and put it inside a bowl. She took some fork then start whisking it fast but careful. After she finished whisking the egg, she chopped some vegetables and put it inside the bowl. Mixing it with the egg.

Wendy took the pan and put it on the stove. Turning on the heat, she took some butter and put it onto the pan. After the butter melted and a bit sizzling, she poured the mixture inside the bowl to the pan.

The egg took some time to cook, so she decided to have a cup of coffee first. Wendy sipped the bitter black liquid from the cup while looking at the photo that was stuck on the refrigerator door. It was a photo from their last vacation together in Swiss. Wendy smiled, remembering the beautiful sweet memories they created there.

How she’s trying to calm her girlfriend down when they took a cable car to go to the top of the mountain. How her girlfriend hold her hands tightly when they saw the scenery, the awed expression is plastered on her face.

How she’s trying to teach her ski. And Wendy making herself as a joke when she fell after trying to show her girlfriend some ski techniques, making the cold snowy mountain need to resonance the most beautiful sound she ever heard in her life. Her girlfriend’s laughter.

How they enjoying some hot chocolate nearby a fireplace at their rented wood cottage. Telling each other’s story, or just having a random talk. Laughing at lame jokes she made to entertain her.

Before the night started to get heated and their hands slowly exploring every inch of their bodies in a soft, loving beat of a movement. How the love, the care, the fascination, the desire, melted together into one particular heated lovely moment.

Wendy’s cheeks turn warm, a red hue clearly can be seen from it. She coughed softly before paying attention to the almost neglected egg.

She put some toast beside the egg. And with a tray, she brought the breakfast to her room alongside a glass of cool orange juice.

The moment she opened the door, she was greeted with the most magnificent views she ever laid her eyes on.

How her girlfriend glowing by the help of the warm morning sunlight, wrapped in those fluffy and soft white blankets. A serene expression plastered on her face. You can see tiredness at her face, how her eyebags started to form into a darker color. How her chest softly slowly rising from the way she breathes. The long and soft raven hair that was flowed on the bed, splattered across the pillow beneath it.

Wendy still can’t believe that she got to see this kind of angelic view every morning. They’re already together for a year and a half, yet the woman who still sleeping on her bed always steals her heart every hour, making her always in a head over heels situation. And Wendy loved every bit of it, never want the moment to end.

She slowly put the tray on the nightstand and approached her girlfriend. She kissed her forehead slowly. “Good morning, sunshine,” she muttered softly.

Her girlfriend groaned. “Wendy, it’s still so early.”

Wendy chuckled at her whines. “Baby, it’s 8 a.m. now. It’s not early.”

Her girlfriend pushes her head deeply to the fluffy pillow. Trying to seek comfort and protection from the sunlight. “But I’m still sleepy.”

“I make you some breakfast. Come on, Irene. Wakey wakey.”

Irene opened her eyes slowly, trying to get a peek of her cute girlfriend. “Give me my morning kiss first.”

“A what now?”

Irene clicked her tongue. “Don’t play dumb now, babe.”

Wendy chuckled, and softly put her lips on the pair of Irene’s own lips. They started to move in sync slowly, enjoying each other warmth and love that was completely overflooded the entire bubble of their own moment.

“Good morning, sunshine,” greeted Wendy cheekily again, the moment she pulled away. It took her some greater will for her lips to detach from Irene’s own pair.

“Good morning, sweetheart. So, breakfast in bed, huh?” teased Irene as she positions herself to sit at the bed, leaning her back to the headboard.

“Well, you deserve it. You need some rest after all, from all of that work,” the short-haired brunette said, took the breakfast tray from the nightstand and put it on the raven’s lap. She took a sit in front of her.

“I’m sorry if I have been busy these few days,” Irene said apologetically. “It’s just, the situation in the office is so hectic now.”

Wendy smiled. “I understand. Go eat.”

Irene cut the egg and put it on . Wendy looked at her anxiously, worried if Irene didn’t like it.

“Is it good?” Wendy asked before she can stop herself from doing it.

“This is great, as usual,” Irene said, and give Wendy’s cheek a peck. “Thank you. And stop worrying, seriously. I always love the food you cook for me.”

“Anything for my angel,” she said, earning herself some rolling eyes from Irene, making her laughs.

“The cheesiness couldn’t wait until the afternoon, huh?”

“I’m cheesy 24/7 only for you, baby.”

Irene just shook her head softly, a small smile plastered on her face. She cut the egg and the toast, handed it over to Wendy. “Aaahh,” she said while opening wide, motioning Wendy to do the same.

“You’re the one who should eat it. I make it for you.”

“Eat, Wendy,” Irene said in a stricter tone, making Wendy gulped and immediately open and took a bite of it. “Good?”

“Well, I’m waiting for the Michelin star that I deserve to get from that egg.”

Irene laughed. “You really went from anxious to over-confidence that fast.”

“One needs some positive change in their personality.”

“Yeah, right.”

Wendy grinned so hard until her cheeks hurt. She always loves this moment with Irene. When she can give her some heart-warming jokes and lovely banters with each other. When there’s nothing to worry between them. When they shut off the whole world around them, making a safe space for both of them to not be disturbed.

“You free today?” Irene asked after she finished her breakfast.

“Yeah. Why?” Wendy asked with a frown on her face.

Irene circled her arms on Wendy’s neck, crawling up to move and sit on her lap. She moved forward towards her ear. She bites the earlobe softly and hotly whispered. “Because I’m craving for my second round of breakfast now.”

Wendy shivered from her action and nervously laughed. “You just finished your breakfast, and now you want another one?”

“Whose fault that you look so breathtakingly irresistible now?”

Wendy raised one of her eyebrows. “Oh, so now it’s my fault?”

Irene groaned, frustrated from the push and pull thing Wendy did to her. “Oh, please. I’m serious—”

Wendy cut her sentences with a kiss. They moved in sync slowly, before things started to get heated. Wendy pushed her to the bed, making Irene now lying under her.

She moved the kiss to her jaw, trying to mark the trail with kisses on Irene’s face, and slowly moving until it reaches her ear.

Wendy bites her earlobe softly, making her moan. She can feel her girlfriend’s hot ragged breath on her sensitive ear, making her shivered with excitement until Wendy whispered something.

“Well, you asked just in time when I started to feel starving. So, let’s start my first course, shall we?”